Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-21, 08:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

501 error!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

This 501 business is so aggravating! Anyway, yesterday featured:

~Kassandra 10 Minute Morning Stretch for Beginners plus 5 Minute Morning Affirmation - Positive Thoughts
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ Amy Stubbs, Quick and Effective Core Work Pilates (YWK)
~ Kassandra 10 Minute Evening Full Body Yoga Stretch
~ 6,000 steps

So far I'm enjoying the YWK app. The phone has more functionality than the laptop when it comes to things like the calendar and journal option, but it's very easy to search and select. *Much more organized that wading through YT. *Some links I clicked - such as Help - had an error message and no content. You can contact them and have it addressed. *

A nice surprise is that there are other instructors in the exclusive content - barre, Pilates, meditation and other yogis. The Kassandra practice I did last night had no music, though. I hope it's not a YT licensing thing.

Summer Breeze I'm so sorry your back is still aggravating you. : I'm sure all this moisture isn't helping. Sending Healing vibes.

Donna, that Chris Freytag challenge sounds interesting. Strength definitely helps with where the pounds are located. They say you can't "spot train" but I don't agree with that. When I'm on the ball with Pilates and weights, my clothes fit better in all the right spots.

Diane, is it pouring by you?

Have a great Friday everyone!

PS - crazy, I can't get rid of the * that got thrown into my post. At least we're still here!
Old 09-25-21, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

35 minute outdoor walk

I was going to rest another day yesterday but the weather was so gorgeous I couldn't resist a short-ish walk. I wait all year for this glorious weather. I'm going to a local street fair with my friend today so maybe some light strolling will be it for me today.

PAT, ugh that's so annoying about the 500 error. I wonder why some people get it and others don't Anyway, I'm glad you were able to post and enjoy the content on your new apps. Thanks for the healing vibes.

Hi DONNA & DIANE!

Have a wonderful day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 09:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon Summer (that is my Golden) and I took a walk on my lunch break. I'm hoping to keep this up now that the weather is cooler and it is my less busy, but still busy season.

Today, so far has been:

Walk w/ DH
Jessica Valent -Full Body Foam Roller - which was a Pilates workout using the roller as a prop.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you were able to get out to walk!

Pat - the Yoga w/ Kassandra content sounds very good. I am tempted - I think she has a 14 day free trial - I may give it a go. I agree - I think the weight work and Pilates does make a difference

Waves, Diane and Christina....

So, I think I will most likely stick with Jessica V's calendar for next week and possibly next month. The way she sets up her calendar makes things very doable and I think a good place to get re-started with some strength work.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 11:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! Yesterday featured:

~ Margaret Richard Good For You segment 4
~ Beach walk
~ Kassandra Yin for Sleep
~ 5,300 steps

Donna, that Jessica workout with the foam roller sounds interesting. If you try Kassandra's app, I'm pretty sure it's only seven days for free trial.

Summer Breeze, enjoy your walk at the fair today. Fingers crossed your back will behave itself.

Good morning Diane and anyone who visits!
Old 09-26-21, 05:48 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It's been a busy weekend. We're prepping for the tree guys to come on Monday and taking care of a neighbor's dog and cat.

Friday:
Lesley Fightmaster 22 minute Hatha Yoga practice

Saturday:
Pushups,
Body Electric Series 700, show 4: Arms (she did a punching workout so I did my own thing), Obliques (again, my own), Hamstrings (these always get me) and glutes.
Lesley Fightmaster Yoga on the Beach - 10 min.

Today we're headed out for a long bike ride.

Pat It was raining on Friday but not pouring. It rained pretty steadily all through the night. The weekend has been glorious so far! Haven't had any "500" errors today - yet!

Donna The Chris Freytag challenge sounds interesting - going to check it out! And, yes, sigh.... I totally understand the "middle-aged" body thing. We can only do what we can to maintain strength and health and just have to accept that our bodies change as we age. Not easy! I'm always battling!

Summer Breeze Hoping your back is feeling better. Nothing worse than back pain or tooth pain! I join Pat in sending you healing vibes!

Well, that's about it. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that my tree guys are all safe. They're bringing in a huge boom to lift a guy up over the house to remove the trees that need to be felled and not "chopped" down. Scare the crap out of me!

Hi Christine and all who visit! Have a great day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just the strolling for yesterday but it was so gorgeous out it felt great just to be outside.
Since I can't resist this beautiful weather this time of year, I'm thinking maybe some shorter walks at a more moderate pace may be ok for now. My pain isn't debilitating, it's more the nagging, burning kind, just enough to make you constantly aware of it.
I've been through this before and it can take many, many months to improve. The last time the doctor said I had arthritis in my back and degenerative disc disease. He wanted me to take steroids which I wasn't comfortable doing. I wasn't impressed with PT either so I'll just continue to be cautious and do what I can until it hopefully resolves.

DONNA, glad your work has eased up a bit and you're enjoying outdoor walks along with your other workouts.

PAT, very nice workout day.

DIANE, nice workouts and I hope you enjoyed the bike ride. Good luck with the tree guys! It is scary watching them in action! Thanks for the healing vibes.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone!

I think I missed checking yesterday -

I did - a few outdoor walks and Yoga w/ Kassandra - 20 Min Morning Yoga Flow Daily Stretch & Strengthen

Today, so far:

Gina B - 1,000 Step '80's DIVA walk
Jessica Valent - Lower Body Blast
Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Stress Relief (7 min)

Summer Breeze - I hear you on the back stuff - I have pretty chronic issues, sometimes it is better than others.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! We had such glorious weather this weekend. My hair was even manageable yesterday! My weekend consisted of:

Satuday:
~ YWK 20 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ Morning Clarity Breathwork with Rob
~ GYM for 30 minutes recumbent bike
~ 5,070 steps

Sunday:
~ My own pre-walk yin routine
~ 20 butt bridges
~ Beachcombing walk plus walk at college campus
~ 7,864 steps

Diane, good luck with the tree guys. Are you having a lot done?

Summer Breeze, I hope having some shorter walks helps. PT can be so hit or miss. I've had some horrible ones; fortunately I found a great new place for when there's a crisis.

Good morning to Donna and anyone who pops in!
Old 09-27-21, 02:43 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

So, tree guys got here at 8:30 a.m. and worked their magic. They were done in about 4 hours - very impressive but such scary work! One of the guys accidentally squished a gutter so they rang the doorbell and said one of them was headed to Lowe's for a replacement. Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered because the water could still pass through but I was impressed at their honesty and willingness to fix it. All in all a great morning!

Workouts:
Sun - 18 mile bike ride

Mon - pushups, Margaret Richard's "My Body of Work" Volume 1, program A
Lesley Fightmaster 10 minute yoga for energy

Pat They took down 5 trees and trimmed back a lot of the treeline. DH was worried we would lose some of our privacy but turned out not to be the case. My landscape guy said it's going to look so much nicer and I'm sure easier for him not getting swatted by branches! The dead trees are gone so it's a relief!

Summer Breeze I kept forgetting to comment about your friend who lives up here. Chatham is about 40 minutes southeast of us. You must ask your friend if she has ever visited the Taconic Sculpture Park - we've been there two or three times! MASSIVE sculptures - if you're driving north on the Taconic Parkway, you can't miss the giant head on the top of the hill. You can actually climb inside the sculptures - it's pretty cool! Hope you're feeling better!

http://www.taconic.net/~kanwit/park.htm

Donna I used to do a lot of Yoga with Adriene but found that she's just too chatty for me. That was one of the reasons I went back to Bad Yogi and I'm also enjoying Kassandra and Lesley. Lesley's voice was so soothing. It's hard to not feel sad every time I do one of her practices.

Well, that's all for now! Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx