Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-21, 07:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - I always start running in the fall. Not all of me, just my nose. 9/26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 07:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It seemed like a good time to go back to Maxine for a theme. And this one is true (for me, at least).

We're having Mom and Dad over for lunch to celebrate Dad's birthday. I'll pick up food from an Italian restaurant. We're pretty much ready, so this morning won't be too crazed.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-26-21, 08:23 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I was going to use your list that you gave us last week, but you had already come up with a great title!

Adelija had a good time at homecoming at her school - luckily it didn't involve a formal dance but just a good time at the park. I got another carload of yard waste to take to the compost pile! I'm trying to clear stuff that's on it's way out this fall so ferns, peonies, and spring plants got taken out - there's still LOTS to take out. I am trying to get stuff chopped down before leaves start to take over my outdoor life.

Today I'll take Gus for a walk, I'll see if Adelija wants to join me. More garden chopping ahead.

Laura, how are you getting along with Polly? How's your French Silk? Ready to celebrate with dad?

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 05:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a really nice day. I went and picked up food at the Italian restaurant and we had lunch out on our sun porch. It was a picture-perfect day and it was so pleasant sitting there. The French Silk Pie was great and a good ending to the meal. Dad really appreciated it all and enjoyed his birthday.

Polly wasn't interested in interacting with us after they left. That time of the afternoon is usually nap time for her. We'll probably see her this evening.

On Wednesday, we're going to the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area for a couple of days. It's going to take some effort to get ready to go and DH is really tired right now, so we'll see how that goes.

Anita - I hope the chopping pulling of leaves and plants went okay. Did you get much done?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-26-21, 06:24 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening, sorry I’ve been missing. Last night I got into bed about 7:30 planning to snuggle down with a book and I was out in about 15 minutes according to DH. I slept until after 6 am so I must have been really tired, I never sleep that long. Guess I’m getting to the age where travel, and it’s aftermath, is more tiring than I realize.

This morning’s workout was Travis Eliot yin yoga “Presence”.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, love the theme, which is again true. Glad the birthday celebration for your Dad went well and he had a good time.

Anita, I’ve been thinking it’s time to get out and do some gardening. We did our weekly grocery shopping and went by Lowe’s Garden Center and bought some plants. Did a little planting today but mostly did food prep for the week. Tomorrow DH is going to the hangar to clean up the plane after our trip and I plan to do some baking and gardening. Not sure why it’s easier to get things done when he’s gone, but it is. So this is the age old question “why is living with another adult so time consuming”. Glad A had fun at the home coming.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, taking another 2 full bags to the compost site (daylily bed), stopping by the tire place for a tire rotation, going grocery shopping and trying to get more garden chopping done. Spades in the evening also. Whew! Lots of work! Two of my friends were on the Amtrak train that crashed - the husband has a broken wrist and broken ribs, the wife is just rattled, but OK. I had hoped they were on another train doing that pathway... I'll probably help them with house keeping and lawn stuff when they get back.

Laura, glad your dad had a good birthday celebration! Glad you're smart enough about Polly to not be turned off by her leaving you for a while. I got a lot done yesterday doing a daylily bed - next bed up will take the rest of this week, but the weather should be nice enough to allow that.

Paula, sounds like you needed a very good sleep! I'm noticing the messiness of living with another adult!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-27-21, 01:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We are experiencing another picture-perfect day - sunny, clear, and mild. I started the day going to my client's house that I'm working with on her computers. We got quite a bit done. I came home and had lunch and then had a virtual training session. I'm now catching up on my computer stuff before taking DH to his PT appointment and going to the chiropractor while he's doing that. We did a load of laundry in the midst of all of that and, while putting the laundry away, I pulled out the beginnings of clothes I'll take on our trip this week.

Anita - Wow. That train wreck looked horrible. I'm sorry your friends were caught up in it and am also glad it wasn't any worse for them. It's good you are having a long stretch of good weather to work on your yard.

Paula - Like Anita said, it sounds like you needed the rest. Hope you felt more energized today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-27-21, 07:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 22 Push/Strength followed by some cool down stretching.

Spent the day at home, did some gardening and some house cleaning.

Anita, your yard work sounds harder and more involved than mine. After planting two pots, cleaning up and dead heading on both patios, I was really tired - had to take a long soak in the tub. Yeah, living with anyone is a big adjustment which usually involves more cleaning and picking up. Sorry to hear about your friends on the train. I'm sure we'll learn more in the future on the cause of the wreck. So glad both your firends survived, but sad the husband is so badly injured. It will take a while for them to get over this accident.

Laura, I figured it was a nice day in NC as my bro tested a bunch of jokes to the family - something he does when he's having a good day. They are usually dumb jokes which everyone feels compelled to comment on. Like you I start sorting clothes for a trip ahead of time, start thinking about what I will need and start grouping in my closet. Makes packing day easier.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 08:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday was one of those OY days! I walked Gus, took my car in for tire rotation - mentioned a tire wobble I had noticed and hoped it would be taken care of with the rotation. NO - this took about $1000 to get fixed (something broken in the tire attachment to the car on one tire) and three additional hours - OY! Well, I now have a good driving car. I did get home minutes before Adelija got home and filled one bag with choppage from my garden. Spades got cancelled last night, which was good. I did get groceries also.

So I'm hoping today will be better! I'm planning on a nice long walk with Gus. Adelija is already off to school. Adelija now wants to be part of swim team, so I may have to get her another physical for that - at least I have info printed for the team to review - hope no more doctors are needed. We're also trying to get Adelija in a Feline Rescue organization - the website kind of freezes up and doesn't let us go on - working on that today also. I'll do more chopping out in the garden also.

Laura, have fun packing for your trip! I don't have that many clothes that packing a bag for a trip becomes easy - it all basically goes! Hope the picture-perfect days continue on your trip!

Paula, yeah, I'm glad I'm planning ahead for the garden cleanup - even though the weather is nice and no fall leaves are coming down, I know what it takes to clean up the beds and how miserable that gets when its freezing outside! I haven't heard whether my friends have returned home or are still in Montana - I'll try calling them today.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-28-21, 06:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Most of our stuff is packed. We need to put in bathroom stuff tomorrow. We plan on eating lunch at home and heading out after that. We'll get to Wilmington around 4:00. This schedule will let DH get ready in a relaxed and unstressed way. It's nice that the trip will take just over 2 hours.

Anita - Ugh. Bad car days are the worst. DH and I used to joke that we couldn't have the car fixed for less than $1300. It's ridiculous how much it costs to get things fixed on a car. I hope tomorrow is better.

Paula - It's nice to have a process and being gone for 3-4 days in an area that has food DH can eat makes things much simpler.

Laura's Workout Mantras: