Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-21, 08:21 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on meeting online friends to play Carassonne, then walk Gus, then meet a pair of friends for the Van Gough show. Tonight I may work on the back porch to get the cover down. I'm just glad I didn't have to give Adelija a ride to school today!

Laura, glad the shower is ready for use now! Weird that a piece got put in upside down - hope it now keeps water in better! Hope you continue to feel better!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 06:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day and I haven't gotten a couple of big things done, mainly vacuuming the floor on the main floor and cleaning out the dishwasher. I hope to get those done this evening. I woke up this morning and went to a training session at the woman's house who I have been working with recently. I got home about 1:00 and the refrigerator repair person was here finishing up working on the refrigerator. By the time we had lunch, we were both STARVING. This afternoon, I went out and bought gift cards. Dad's birthday is on Sunday and time sneaked up on me in buying his birthday present. His favorite thing is gift cards from favorite restaurants, so that's what I got him.

We're going to have Mom and Dad over for lunch on Sunday to celebrate Dad's birthday and need to do cleaning and cooking for it. Given how crazed things have been with the house, it has snuck up on me.

Anita - We didn't use the shower today because he did add some caulking yesterday as well as turning that component over. I just hope everything goes well tomorrow. It sounds like you had a social kind of day. How is it working with Adelija in daily routines? How much support do you need to give her at this point?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 07:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

We are back in Santa Fe. Plan to fly home tomorrow, fingers crossed we have calm winds for the flight.

We had a good time but we’re tired and plan to veg in our room and get an early start tomorrow.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 07:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got the porch cover down and also the swing seating pad in yesterday. The Van Gough show was good! At first I took some pictures, but then I just enjoyed seeing it and sat through the entire show just trying to absorb it.

Today I'll be starting at taking Adelija to school and me to the WRC. Afterwards I'll be walking Gus and doing some more back yard clean-up I could either trim down my catnip beds near the swing or day lilies in the back garden bed. More stuff to take to the compost site.

Laura, good job even thinking about vacuuming - I've kind of dropped down to using the dust pad on a mop and using that - really vacuuming works better, but this is easier. I hope things are going well with Adelija - she pretty much makes up her own days visiting friends afterwards or coming home right away to study. She's also consistent so far getting up in the morning and off to school - today she gets a ride with me. I watch TV upstairs and she's downstairs in the evenings - hope stuff is getting done with her. She'll pop up a few minutes in the evening to say goodnight. So far no complaints from the school about her.

Paula, Hope your flight home goes smoothly! Enjoy the beautiful skies in your plane!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-24-21, 09:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I slept through my alarm and I figure I must have needed the sleep. It's a beautiful day today. We had a session outside with Polly and it was nice sitting on the porch given the pure sunshine and cool temps.

I need to go to the grocery store for a few things. I'll fix a French Silk Pie for Dad's birthday and I need a couple of things. I may go to the chiropractor while I'm doing that. My hip is bothering me a little and I'd like to stop that.

Paula - Welcome home. I hope the trip was a good one for you.

Anita - The art show sounds like it was a sensory adventure. It's good you could just sit and take it in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-25-21, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is Homecoming Day at school! I'll be taking Adelija to her football game at 11:00 start, picking her up afterwards, then taking her back to the school at around 7 for a party - luckily it doesn't seem like it's a formal dance. Her friends will take her home. A Gus walk today also and more garden cleanup - got the catmint beds cleaned up, now the day lilies, spring flowering plants, and peonies.

Laura, we're celebrating a top ten weather day also! Tomorrow also, but it will feel more like summer in the 80s - I like today in the 60s. Happy birthday to your dad! French Silk pie!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-25-21, 12:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Beautiful cool fall day #2. We have stuff to get done today, mainly making the French Silk Pie and finishing cleaning up for tomorrow. I'd also like to get outside some. I'll probably visit with Polly (the cat) some.

Anita - Well, that's an American tradition for Adelija to experience. I hope it goes well and she enjoys it.

Laura's Workout Mantras: