Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-21, 06:16 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think you should formally follow up on all of that. The HIPAA violation should be investigated and proper action taken. And then the rest!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 08:26 PM  
donnamp

I agree with Joni

Also, annette - the colonoscopy prep is terrible - I was so relieved when I was told I was good for 10 years - I really thought I was going to die during the prep - at end of it I was in tears and so dehydrated. One would think they could come up with something better - or some better way or something. Cologuard, is the way I may go next time. I have no family history and had an all clear colonoscopy in 2018. I began to dread the next colonoscopy the second the first one was over. My DH did Cologuard this time around.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Tammy, that's so frustrating and I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience! What is wrong with people, especially when you're trusting them to take care of you. We're so vulnerable in a situation like this, and then to discover so many incompetent, idiotic staff in the medical profession. Hopefully, you can get this behind you and move on, but it just isn't how things are supposed to happen, no matter what the circumstance. That nurse had no right to reveal personal information to your driver. And you do have every right to lodge a complaint, if that's something you want consider doing. Hope any future care they can provide you with is much better than recent events.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:44 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

There is an alternative prep that some doctors/hospitals use. Not sure why some only offer the prescription for trilyte or suprep while others provide an instruction sheet for the alternative prep.

Some people prefer the trilyte prep but most people my mom knows prefer the alternative prep. The alternative prep involves over-the-counter miralax and dulcolax and gatorade (or crystal light or whatever, in approved colors). It apparently is simple to follow, doesn't taste gross and has a more gentle, less "explosive" effect.

Both the doctor that did my mom's last colonoscopy and the surgeon that did her bowel resection both were familiar with the alternative prep and were fine with her using it because she refused to do the trilyte again. Her colorectal surgeon even had an instruction sheet for the alternative prep in case she didn't want to to use either of my uncles' instruction sheets from their doctors.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 10:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
There is an alternative prep that some doctors/hospitals use. Not sure why some only offer the prescription for trilyte or suprep while others provide an instruction sheet for the alternative prep.

Some people prefer the trilyte prep but most people my mom knows prefer the alternative prep. The alternative prep involves over-the-counter miralax and dulcolax and gatorade (or crystal light or whatever, in approved colors). It apparently is simple to follow, doesn't taste gross and has a more gentle, less "explosive" effect.

Both the doctor that did my mom's last colonoscopy and the surgeon that did her bowel resection both were familiar with the alternative prep and were fine with her using it because she refused to do the trilyte again. Her colorectal surgeon even had an instruction sheet for the alternative prep in case she didn't want to to use either of my uncles' instruction sheets from their doctors.
This is good information... thanks adawn

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 10:33 PM  
SEV

So sorry this happened to you! What a horrible experience.

Wishing you the best.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 11:03 PM  
Demeris

Oh, Tammy. What a nightmare. You poor girl. I don't know ADA or HIPAA laws that well, but I think what she did was profoundly unethical.

Your whole experience was a nightmare. My heart goes out to you.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 02:15 AM  
sugar rose

Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear that horrible story! It sounds very traumatic. My heart goes out to you! If you file a complaint, please keep us posted on the outcome.

Take care and be well!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 03:02 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Congratulations on getting rid of that cancer. So sorry about that horrible experience. I think of Katie Curic. She was so brave to have a colonoscopy on TV. It helps me through the prep and all. Hopefully, soon it will be a distant memory for you, Tammy.
Old 09-24-21, 05:30 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i would Yelp them and mention it on other review sites for medical services.

also let your PCP know what happened too.

i agree with what everyone posted about how they treated you. please take care - so sorry.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colonoscopy