Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-21, 12:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~Cardio: 10 min gliding & 10 min gentle rebounding
~Upper Body strength: 15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 2

Hi Brenda, thank you for the warm welcome! I see your doing PT too, are you recovering from an injury?

Dana - You day sounds heavenly!

Donna - i hope all your appts, especially your mammogram, went well.

Carol - I agree that “Silver & Fit” wouldn’t be my choice for a YT channel title, but the workouts do sound good.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I managed to do one of the Silver & Fit workouts - it was a mixed format (basically a circuit workout) with Keli Roberts. It was pretty good. Definitely low dread - 30 minutes - basic moves. I will definitely do more from this You Tube channel. They stream several live workouts a day in a variety of formats - dance, yoga, t'ai chi, strength, etc.

So glad I swallowed my pride and did a Silver workout, LOL!

Today I just had time for CS - I did CS 1214 - it was all standing for the spine.

I will attempt to squeeze in the Pilates w/ Robin today but I'm so backed up from my day off yesterday and I just have back to back meetings all day.

Dana - your day sounds wonderful! All of my appointments went well, but it was a busy day!

Carol - yes, Silver & Fit - it needs a new title! LOL! But I did enjoy the workout I did w/ Keli!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:16 AM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda good to see you! Hope you're able to do the Jessica workouts. Don't feel forced to do all the reps so you can keep in the feel good zone for that elbow!

Dana that day seems awesome! And the soup sounds wonderful...love to know the recipe!

Donna great to know that no big issue with your self, car or pets.

Pam yeah, I'm not sure what the limits with kettlebells and disc issues would be. Cautious would be mantra for sure.

Yesterday was BOHO day #9 yogalates. I enjoyed this workout but needed an extra pad for my knee and hip when we dropped to the floor. But that's true for any workout. So glad Miranda turned me on to using a hemorrhoid cushion under my hip for floor work. Was a game changer for me. Today was 21DF yoga fix. Not bad.

Woohoo Thursday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol that iguana scared me too. Haha thanks for sharing

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 05:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics, one hour in person class
~PT exercises
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 3
~short stretch & lower body MELT on my own

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-23-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver&Fit - International Mixed Format with Jill 4/21 - 30 minutes

The mixed format today was strength, balance work and some stretching. Filmed in Costa Rica, they had a little (a lot) of trouble with the lighting. Either the instructor was in the dark or the background (tropical foliage and a lake) was dark. It was a pleasant workout - I didn't want anything very hard today and the balance challenges were good for me. I may try to squeeze a short pilates video in later.

Donna - As you said, the workouts are pretty low dread, a real plus in my book. And lots of variety, for sure.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 07:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished:

JS Balance & Agility - 30min.
JS Dance Party - 15min.

Knee feels OK. I still feel little twinges so I'm trying to be careful with it and that's why I limited my cardio to only 15min today. Tomorrow I'm planning to do mat pilates and no cardio per se. I just purchased Pilates DVD from GHUTV (it's still on sale for 19.99 for 2 DVD set) and I plan to do Power Pilates 1 tomorrow. I previewed it yesterday and it looks good. https://www.gethealthyutv.com/produc...abs-2-dvd-set/

I took this week off from work but today I have to go in. Waves to all!
Old 09-24-21, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got a walk in last evening w/ DD. It was a nice fall like evening after the weather cleared up.

Today I got caught up on The Balanced Life Challenge and did Day # 4 (Stretching) Day # 5 (Full Body)

I hope to get out to walk today w/ my Golden at lunch.

Chrys Freytag is doing a challenge starting Oct 1st - you have to join her Get Healthy U Gold Membership to do it - but it is only $13 for the whole year, which is a great bargain, but I also feel bad about subscribing and not using something, so I'm not sure if I will sign up or not.

It is called the Menopause Muscle Builder Challenge. And, I have to admit I need to get back into strength training more regularly.

I have gained some weight during the pandemic, but it isn't a totally bad thing as I had lost weight due to stress in 2019/2020. My face, hands, etc. all look better w/ these extra pounds - I'm not overweight at all - but I'm definitely taking on a "middle aged" woman shape, if you know what I mean. I AM a middle aged woman, so I guess what do I expect, but I'd like to have more definition a little less squishiness and honestly, strength training is something I probably need to do anyway as I age. I am more of a cardio girl and I love the fusion stuff, but I also think I need to focus more on strength. Anyway, I'm thinking about subscribing and doing the challenge, hopefully it won't be too hard - I need to start slow. or, I can really try to follow Jessica Valent's new calendar format - which is focuses more on strength these days - and is something I am already paying for.

Ah, first world problems!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 07:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: BellyFit Open & Receive + Body Groove 15 min
~PT exercises
~Essentrics ETV: 30 min with Jenny Bertrand
~The Balanced Life Refresh & Reset Challenge: Day 4
~Supported fish pose & anti tech neck acupressure on my own

Donna - Yes age brings sags & squish….sigh…. And I agree that being super thin can accentuate the wrinkles.

Dana - Enjoy your new dvd set. It looks good, but my Pilates limit these days is a 20 min add on, a symptom of my exercise ADD & love of stringing short workouts together.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-24-21, 07:59 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I decided to celebrate the fact that it was Friday by taking the day off from exercise. Oh, and I got my first shingles shot after work. Hopefully I won't have awful side effects from it. But I sure don't want shingles. I may do a short pilates workout before bed or I may not.

I also tracked down my favorite massage therapist and scheduled an appointment with her in October. I am looking forward to that!

Nice work Pam.

Donna - I downloaded the calendar for Chris' challenge in October. It looked to me like most of the workouts were new to me. It looked a little more serious than I was interested in, but there are a couple of rotations on Chris' site that do interest me - one is barre focused with strength workouts also (Tight and Toned), then there's one called Foundations - where the workouts are 30 minutes max. There's also the Fit over 60, which is a good one - I need to finish that one up. If you are interested and can't see the challenge rotation, I'm happy to send it to you.

Dana - Let us know how the Pilates DVD set is.

Linda - I think there are at least one or two more Five Parks videos where the iguana makes an appearance, and it scares her every time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad