Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-21, 05:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did some add ons:

Dog walk at lunch - it wasn't very strenuous as my dog likes to stop and sniff everywhere.

Lucy Wyndham Read - 14 Min Workout for Better Health -this was a typical Lucy workout - body weight exercises. She did 14 moves for 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did it in split screen with a seated version on one side.

Yoga w/ Bird - Lower Body/Hip stretches

Today, so far has been:

CS 1212
Robin Long/The Balanced Life Challenge Day 2 - I enjoyed this one!

I will aim for more activity today as well.

I'm thinking w/ my low motivation that doing short add ons is key.

Dana -I hope you have a good day w/ your cousin!

Carol - I have to try some of the Silver & Fit, I also see Lauren posted some sample rotation playlists on her site. I also like Beth/Trifecta - but her membership is $30 per month - Robin's is $27. Beth tends to do longer workouts but I find them interesting b/c she uses a lot of props. Robin's had the benefit of the shorter workouts and the beach. I am somewhat tempted to join one of those memberships for October...but....I already have JV plus Ellen, plus You Tube...not to mention my DVDs. Plus I have this odd desire to do a yoga rotation w/ Yoga w/ Adriene. I used to adore her but recently when I have tried her stuff I found it getting on my nerves....weird.

Waves, Pam, Brenda, Linda, Beth...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Thanks for the mention of Lauren's playlists. I suggested that to her a couple of weeks ago and she said she would put some up. Off to check them out.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 08:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today workout (so far) was
Silver&Fit - Intermediate Strength with Keli - 30 minutes

This was a really nice and challenging lower body workout. Keli used a chair, gliding disks, a mat, and a set of medium dumbbells. I will be strong tomorrow!

I will try to add on some pilates before bedtime, but that may not happen.

Nice workouts Donna. Of course I signed up for Robin's challenge, but haven't done either of the workouts so far. I'm going to do Beth's 7 Day Challenge that she did a few weeks back to see if I want to subscribe for some added pilates variety.

Dana - Glad you are getting to see your cousin today! Enjoy!

Pam - Hope your hip is continuing to improve.

Linda - If you really like yoga, Five Parks Yoga on Youtube has several wrist-friendly yoga practices. As I recall they are a little longer than my typical add-on, but are filmed poolside in Costa Rica and are very nice.

Carol
Old 09-21-21, 08:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Pam good for you being patient with your body. I'm getting better at it. Sometimes my husband has remind me though.

Donna that's really great your husband cooks so well. I totally agree with your moderation viewpoint. I couldn't do any food plan that eliminated veggies either.

Dana I'm happy to read that your knee is feeling better. Getting older does have some perks though. Like what I tell my daughter..it's pretty easy to opt out of things and claim it's because I'm too old . But really, I'm full on giving myself license not to do anything I don't wanna. All the ought to crap is getting pitched by the curb, so to speak. Quite freeing

Carol you know, there's another VFer who mentioned that I might like Five parks yoga. I'll put it on my check into list. (YouTube does frustrate me though because of the ada and my internet. )

Monday was CS#1225 Balance. Today was kettlebell core work and 21 DF Dirty 30. I subbed in some moves so I could use my kettlebells and because I didn't like the compound moves she combined. As the workout was constructed it wasn't really a full body workout..more core and lower body. It was just an ok workout. I may try the yoga workout later tonight.

I can't believe it's Wednesday tomorrow! Have a good one!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 10:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~BellyFit Live on zoom: Root Chakra Activation - Alice offered this freebie on zoom & Facebook, very generous of her!
~Taught Essentrics - A stretchy all standing/chair class, first full hour in person one in quite a while! I was getting used to teaching 30 min.
~PT exercises
~1 hour of yin on my own….forward bends, hip openers, shoulder stretches, twists, finishing with supported fish

I passed on day 2 of Robin’s Pilates Challenge as I felt like I’d done enough. I’ll continue with it tomorrow.

Linda - Learning to be patient with healing has been a hard lesson, lol. I should have tended to this several months ago. Nice workouts for you! I’d like to get back into kettlebells at some point, but am afraid it will stir things up in my low back. This hip thing is highly related to my lumbar disc degeneration (aka old lady spine).

Dana - I hope you enjoyed you visit with your cousin!

Carol - Those gliding discs sure work the glutes! I’ve used them in a few of my Barre3 workouts.

Donna - I’m looking forward to doing Robin’s day 2 workout tomorrow, good to hear you enjoyed it.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did take a walk w/ my Golden during lunch - it isn't very strenuous due to her sniffing and rolling in the grass along the way - but it is better than sitting at my desk for hours on end.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1213
The Balanced Life Pilates Challenge Day # 3

I will try to get something else in, time permitting!

It is raining here, so no walk.

I took the day off from work today b/c I have three appointments - for my dogs (vet visit), for myself (mammogram) and for my car (check engine light!)

So it will be a busy day. I absolutely dread mammograms and can't wait for it to be over and pray that it is uneventful. Out of all of the many I have had over the years only 2 or 3 have been uneventful. it is at the point where my Dr. writes a script for diagnostic and ultrasound. it is so nerve wrecking. But hopefully at the end of the day I will have at least a free pass not to worry about it for a few more months.

Carol - I really have to swallow my pride and try out some of the Silver & Fit. I know it is totally silly to avoid them b/c of the title, I just don't want to admit I'm silver (actually, I'm not - yet, lol!) they do look good and do have a lot of variety.

Linda - I agree about food/diet. I also think everyone is different and eating plans should be tailored to your specific conditions. I would agree that my DH will do better on fewer carbs than me, but I also think the overly restrictive approach is not going to be sustainable over the long haul. I saw a video recently from Bob & Brad on how they lost weight by employing the 5 to 1 method - which to me sounds like you take the total grams of carbs and divide it by the total grams of fiber and if it is 5 or less, it is a "good" carb. I think that approach helps weed out the junky carbs from the healthy carbs. But we shall see - before the pandemic my DH was looking into veganism - so talk about the pendulum swinging. *sigh* I could not do either - although vegan would be easier for me than carnivore!

Pam - I join you in "old lady spine" unfortunately!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Walk, Sweat and Sculpt UB - 30min. I bought the DVD because I like this set.
WH Pilates Mat Sculpt w/dumbbells and mini ball - 18min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AglEfecCJbU

My cousin and I had a very nice day yesterday, but then we always do. It was a full day with a lot of driving for me. I was beat last night! Today, I have a 10:30 appt for a massage. I haven't had one since right before the pandemic started and I'm in real need of one. My therapist is highly credentialled and very careful to follow the proper protocol to keep it safe for her clients. I trust her to do what's right. My dh had his 3rd Pfizer shot yesterday because he's immunosuppressed (cancer patient). Once again, other than a sore arm, he has no side effects. I'm glad he's doing well.

Waving hi to all and I'll check back later after my massage.
Old 09-22-21, 11:22 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

lots of stepping lately, with some light weights here and there; physical therapy a couple of times a week.

I realized today I haven't checked in during September. I'm still trying to figure out fitting work into my life, plus my 2 youngest started back with their school. Life has been a bit crazy. So I'm creeping back in to say "hello!" My PT wants me to start gently lifting weights again so I'm thinking it's time for me to start doing some Jessica again. I think I'm going to work on her Walk On rotation as I can, along with the stepping in front of the TV I like to do.

Pam, welcome!

Donna, I'm sorry you are dealing with a stressful work situation. Can I ask what you do for work? You've probably shared in the past but I would love a reminder.

Dana, this is late but I'm so glad your kitty is healthy and happy! But so sorry about the knee.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 02:39 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My appointments went well so far - the last one of the day is for my car....sigh.

Dana - I'm glad your DH is doing well after the 3rd shot.

Brenda - I work for a local health department as a contract/procurement manager. It is stressful and particularly stressful w/ COVID and having to get a lot of things in place with very short turn around times. I am ready for some boring times....we do have a high volume of contracts/purchases to manage, so it is never really slow...but 2020 and 2021 have been beyond crazy.

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Penny 7/19/21 - 25 minutes
This was another workout filmed in a tropic location somewhere. Penny appears to be on a balcony overlooking a hotel courtyard. Not a bad workout with slightly more challenging work towards the end.

Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Back Pilates Workout - 15 minutes
Exactly what the title says it is - abs and back work.

Donna - I know what you mean about the YouTube Channel title - I mean "Silver & Fit" - how depressing is that???! But the workouts are pretty solid and there are a ton of them that have been filmed this year. They have 8 to 10 new live workouts a day with a variety of instructors. Try some of the Advanced workouts and see what you think. I never knew that was what you did - I knew it had something to do with contracts and procurement but that's all I knew.

Brenda - Good to see you! It's funny, I was just thinking about you this morning. Glad to see that you are healthy and healing.

Dana - I hope your massage was wonderful! I had the best therapist before the pandemic, but have lost track of where she's working some 18 months later. I've had one massage, back in June when our case numbers were very low and before I knew that being vaccinated wasn't the get out of covid jail free card that we hoped it would be. It was good, but I missed my other massage therapist.

Pam - Yes, those gliders can be torture devices.

Linda - Here's my favorite Five Parks Yoga video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNLT...%2FErinSampson

Carol
Old 09-22-21, 09:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My massage was wonderful! I missed having one since the beginning of the pandemic and I feel so much more relaxed and loose in my body right now. Nothing hurts, and I feel alive. Amazing.

Before I booked my appointment I gave it a lot of thought whether I should do it at this time when we're still in the middle of the pandemic, but ultimately I've decided that I will have one. I've put my life on hold long enough. My MT and I wore masks and she was very careful to follow all prescribed health protocols. I felt comfortable with her and the process she'd followed. After I got home I made some awesome Mediterranean white bean, chicken and spinach soup and then I took a 30 min nap. Can life get any better than this?

Tags
bobandbrad