Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-21, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did a longer Pilates w/ Jessica Valent - Full Body Intermediate Pilates

It looks to be quite dreary today - but maybe I'll get out for a walk.

Summer Breeze - I need to pick up the strength training, too! Also, i don't blame you for skipping the AC trip. I would, too.

Pat - How nice for your son to participate in that!

I agree - a lot of sadness right now between Afghanistan, the 9/11 anniversary and now, Hurricane Ida. Yikes.

Waves, Diane!

On an up note - however - my DD is really enjoying college so far. It is only the first week but she seems happier about being in school than she has been in a long time!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 07:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up going for a super long walk w/ DD - I ended the day w/ over 14,000 steps. It is funny that makes my back feel so much better than sitting in a chair all day. Today, unfortunately, it is back to the chair for work.

Today's workout:

Lucy Wyndham Read - Week 5 - Day 1 - 20 Min Interval Jog (I did this as a walk!) and Standing Abs

I also added on Jill Miller - Yoga Tune Up at Home, Day 1, Month 1, Program A

Lucy seems to be putting out weekly playlists which is really nice b/c her channel has so much content it is hard to figure out what to do with it all.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/free-challenges/

I'm not sure how long I will stick with it - but it was good for today!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
Old 08-30-21, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday wasn't a formal walk or workout but we did a lot of outdoor walking while while window shopping. I'm hoping to walk today before some more rain comes in.

DONNA, I saw LWR put up a standing abs routine this morning I would like to try. Great walk! Glad DD is enjoying school so far!

Hi DIANE & PAT!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Ugh, it feels like a Double Moan Day. Here we go again!

Yesterday I went to the gym for a 15/15/15 workout of recumbent bike, dumbbell workout for arms and 15 arc trainer; also 5,000 steps for day. My plans for September include doing more Pilates and focusing on getting my stress levels lower. Hopefully more walking in clearer weather is on the horizon, too.

Woot Donna that's a great step count. Thank you for the LWR link. A weekly change up sounds great. Good news about your daughter.

Summer Breeze, it's good to see you took advantage of your MR subscription. I'm always amazed at how shredded Maggie was - hard to believe from light weights, but that repetition does kill you.

Good morning to Diane!

Sending prayers to those affected by Ida - I saw footage on TV at the gym and was horrified. Stay safe everyone and have a good day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 11:32 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

So, it's been an eventful couple of days on VF but fingers crossed this nonsense will all go away. I'm certainly not going to be adding any "fuel to the fire" so to speak!

Saturday:
15 mile bike ride - so much fun until we had to wait at the railroad crossing gates for at least 15 minutes for the longest freight train I have ever seen. I lost count at 25 cars! We live in a very rural area - and where we bike is even more rural - and there were more cars and pedestrians waiting at the gates than I have seen in my 6 years living up here!

Sunday:
Another bike ride plus pushups and Body Electric streaming (can't remember which one it was off hand).

Monday:
Since it's overcast, some gardening work to do. Putting up some landscape edging in the front and I will attempt to remove a rose bush that has been bugging me. I'm not a gardener so this will be a test!

Donna - your timing to get home on 9/10 - eesh. What a day that was and I cannot even imagine having to get on a plane so quickly after this horror.

Pat - Your son is a rock star! Gotta love a guy who is kind and helps rescue injured animals!

Summer Breeze - hopefully the brouhaha has subsided. I guess we shall see!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-21, 11:45 AM  
donnamp

Diane - I sure hope the drama on VF ends soon. I have decided to avoid all discussions about COVID/masks/vaccines, etc. unless it is within my check-ins, amongst friends so to speak.

Pat - nice workouts - I am thinking about doing more Pilates in September as well and really hoping to get more outdoor walks in -

Summer Breeze - I think the workout Lucy put up for today was the one I did. It was a good one. Her stuff is simple - I think that is the appeal for me.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!

Donna
Old 08-31-21, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Still really not in the mood for working out! But I did:

Ellen - Slim Sculpt. I can always make myself do one of Ellen's workouts - well, usually!

Hopefully my motivation will return someday!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 08-31-21, 07:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! How did we survive Moan Day? Mine featured:

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Boho Beautiful 10 Minute Pilates for Toned Core, Abs & Legs
~ 25 minute walk around neighborhood
~ Yoga with Bird Evening Yoga in Bed - Supine Yoga Sequence
~ 5,500 steps for the day

The Boho chick almost killed me in 10 minutes. I got through it with lots of mods. I liked her though and will revisit some other workouts. The yoga in bed with Bird was Such a sweet way to drift off to sleep.

Diane, how did the gardening project go?

Good morning to Donna, Summer Breeze and anyone who visits today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 08:20 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Well, to answer Pat's question about gardening - I hate it. I so wish I could love it but I'd be happy with a rock garden with stone statues. Nevertheless, the HOA won't let me so I need to keep my patch of plants.

I had to remove a rose bush that hardly ever blooms - I think the soil is bad on this particular piece of our property. So, of course, Google is my friend. I saturated the soil around the plant, cut down the "branches" and dug and pulled until the bugger gave up. I don't think I got it all but I got most of it, then saturated the area with homemade, non-toxic weed killer (white vinegar, dish soap and salt). I guess we'll see if it resurrects in the spring!

Workout today is not going to be. Feeling very uninspired at the moment. But, my window treatments will be installed today on our porch so I'm excited!

Other than that, that's all for today! Looking forward to a peaceful day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 07:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Today is raining so most likely no outdoor walk. Hope to do another MR today.

DIANE, great bike rides despite the endless freight train. Gardening is not my thing either. DH used to take care of all that. I planted a couple of tomato plants this summer and it was just sad to see. Not a bumper crop at all.

PAT, nice variety in your workouts.

DONNA, nice job with Ellen.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx