Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-21, 07:07 AM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~SEPTEMBER 2021~*Everyone is Welcomed!*

September 2021

30- KCM Box Fit (Workout 2 Weights= 35 min.); Cathe Rev'd Up Rumble (Premix TS 4: Combos Only =26 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga
31- Yvette Fit #125 60 Min. - Killer Cardio/Strength/Core Workout; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches

This month I am going to ATTEMPT to loosely follow Cathe's September '21 Rotation. I hope I don't miss my YT girls too much, so I may sub Cathe's workouts with theirs if so. I am also going to insert more stretching throughout. Meditation and MFP recording daily.

1 - XT Tabatacize (Tabatas 1-5 + Core #1 Premix=55 min.); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches I don't think I ever did this workout all the way thru plus add on the core segment! I took a lot to my rebounder and I used my topper only. This might not have been a great idea after Yvette's toughie yesterday!! Hers was so much more fun for me and I burned almost 140 calories more than Cathe's (same time frame)...could have been I kept it more low impact but I kept Y's more lower too. Hmmm. And why the standing stretch in this? All I wanted to do was lay on the floor after the core work! Anyway, I do feel accomplished but now I need to wash my hair...wasn't planning to today, LOL. ETA: groceries/Mow Max (60 min.) Note to self: this is too much in one day for your foot issues! Icing now…
2 - Perfect 30 Pump (Upper Body/Upper Body Bonus/Extended Stretch Premix=42 min.); 10 min. of my Pull-Down Add-On Cathe's rotation called for P30 LB but I needed to give my LB a break! This is such a great UB workout!! So good if wanting to lift super heavy or just moderate weights and sometimes I slipped in an extra rep or two. For the upright rows in the Bonus, I did pull-downs plus I also added on 10 more min. of pull downs...4 sets/16 reps of over/underhand variations at 35#. I included this after the Bonus then I did the Ext. stretch last. I'm going to include this add-on after the UB workouts this month.//Foot is still sore--feels better when I wear walking shoes with my inserts. Vanity can't be an issue...no cute sandals right now. :/
3 - Perfect 30 Pump (Lower Body/Extended Stretch Premix=36 min.); Olivia Lawson (10 Min. Inner Thigh Workout); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches A good workout and it was over before I knew it! Replaced D/L's with Cheeva Squats (i.e. EBE2) and hamstring roll-ins with the ball. Added on Olivia's workout for additional LB work.
4 - XT All Out Low Impact HiiT (Floor & Step Premix=30 min. minus stretch); Perfect 30 (Mobility); Mady's Back Relief Pain Stretches Dust bunny in AOLIH - last time in 2017!!!! Great recovery workout but ugh on all the many close-ups of Amanda's assets. :/ Added on Cathe's mobility but needed Mady's stretch to accomplish that release for my back. At least it was nice working out with Cedie and Amanda this week (but could have done without so many body visuals, LOL!)
5 - Rest Day

6 - Boss Bands Total Body (TS#2 Upper Body=47 min.); 2 sets of Pull-Downs Add-On; add'l upper body stretches I liked this premix of this workout a lot without adding in the lower body work! However, this premix still includes some leg exercises combined with shoulders, so legs do get worked somewhat. I used the orange band for the w/u and both the blue and green bands together for most of the remainder of the exercises. No band for the p/u's, as I didn't want to make it harder on my wrists, and the green band only for the core work. I used the blue band only during the forearm curls (recovery) and just the green band for the triceps, but for the rest, I used the two bands together. That worked well and the resistance level and ROM was good since the only one over the head were the triceps. ETA:[Rereading all this, sounds like I hardly used the two bands for anything, LOL. There were pretty many exercises that seemed to work using both.] By the time I got to my pull-down add-on, my arms were fried and I could only do 2 sets instead of 4! My lower back was feeling it, though when I was done - and especially during the bicep segment. The two bands together throughout might be too much for my lower back issue. But at least I know I can use both for the majority of the exercises! Added on an extra UB stretch. Didn't burn many calories but it's a strength workout which usually doesn't burn as many but I sure felt it this time!
7 - Boss Loops Glutes & Core; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches Great workout and again I used my pink medium band for the standing work, but today I used Cathe's green medium band for all the rest. I had to play around raising and lowering it around my thighs during the floor & core work and I felt it just fine! I think using this resistance will have a less dread factor for me than using my heavy band like last time. This is a really good one for fat burning according to my HRM. Just love the w/u and stretch!
8 - LIS Cardio Supersets (Cardio Supersets Express + Step + Rounds 5-8); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches This w/o was a dust bunny since 2016!!!!! I can't believe I let this gem sit on my shelf for 5 years!!!!! I had a blast, so much so, that I went back and did rounds 5-8 again! So basically, the 64 min. Cardio Supersets Extreme Premix. I don't think I ever did the Step segment (or don't remember it), thinking it was choreographed. It is basic step drills! Since I had done this w/o, I had rearranged my w/o area, so I wasn't able to do disc work on my thin carpet and only on my puzzle mats which don't slide well. So, today I thought I'd try the discs on my carpet and they worked great!!! Who knew? So cool to w/o with Lorraine again! I think I will be sore tomorrow since I hadn't done disc work for eons!! Maybe the energy drink I had beforehand had something to do with going back and adding on more?!! 500+ calorie burn with absolutely no jumping - woo hoo!
9 - LITE Bodyweight & Bands (w/u; Main Workout; Calorie Crush; no stretch=52 min.); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches; Mow Max (2.5 hours-got caught up in trimming bushes/trees) Thought I would try this w/o with Cathe's new fabric bands but it didn't work too well and I didn't want to futz around trying different bands eating up my w/o time. I did use her green fabric band for the shoulders/tricep overhead work but that's all. I used my green & blue latex stretchie bands and my green tubing (which doesn't allow for overhead work). Also used my dark purple FW band. For the Calorie Crush, I did it almost all on the rebounder - exception when I got off for the snowboards but back on for the air jacks. I did mostly air jacks and tuck jumps on rebounder if I couldn't do the exercise Cathe was doing. I still like this band workout a lot and no hydrants(!) which is a plus in my book! Good w/o for having to perform Mow Max yet...at least I'm not exhausted before I even start!
10- Heather Robertson (Low Impact No Repeats Total Body HiiT - 40 min. sans stretch); ICE Low Impact Sweat (Blizzard Blast; Icy Core 2); Mady’s Back Pain Relief Stretches; ETA: 3 hours yard work/cleaning at DS’ condo. [I had to be at DS’ to let in a worker, so I just hung out over there (and worked!)] I was all set to do one of the cardios from LIS, but made the mistake of reading my emails…i.e... 2lazy4gym’s review of HR’s w/o, and that was that! At least I did something from LIS (but totally forgot that the Blizzard Blast is not low impact!!) I used my topper but I’m icing my foot now. I liked Heather’s w/o but a lot of up/down but I did like most of the exercises and surely appreciated the low impact and no repeats!
11- LITE PHA 2; Perfect 30 (Mobility) This PHA is definitely one of my favs and just right with 2 sets of repeated exercises. I like repeating them to get deep in each muscle group. My weights weren't as heavy as last time I did this one but I followed Cathe for most, going heavier on a couple in the 2nd round. The bad thing about this cooler weather is that the A/C doesn't run and my w/o area was super hot even with 2 fans...I was a sweaty mess when done! But turned the air back on since it's back to summer temps this weekend! [Side note: Still not sick of Cathe, folks! ;0) Very surprising for me. My appetite was very low this week...I think maybe doing less cardio and more strength (not necessarily weights, tho) may be my golden ticket?!! Scale was very kind this morning].
12- Rest Day

13- Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body (Mish Mosh Extreme #3 (includes 2 rounds of Bonus Abs = 59 min.); My Pull Down Finisher; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches I usually do the shorter Scrambled Push Pull premix but I love this premix of giving me a break from the lifting with inserting a few of the abs after chest and after biceps. During the plank complex, my wrist was not allowing me full body weight, so I did elbow plank variations. I used the no music option and played my own music. Works shoulders last and they are more fresh, although I was done by the end! Mustered up enough strength to add on my finisher of 1 round of pull-downs @35# (under hand/overhand grips) and 1 round @45#. Love this workout (that got ignored since 2019) with all the finishers that get in there and how!
14- (Very sore in my UB today!!!) Lower Body Blast (no Bonus Leg Conditioning = 59 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches; Groin stretches I originally got rid of this one then in 11/20 acquired it again as a Daily Deal for the floor FW band work. Didn't think much of the floor work but today, I used Cathe's medium fabric band and that made all the difference. I had to take breaks! The standing work was a pleasant surprise...I remembered this one as being a heavy leg workout(?)....no, it's more metabolic with cardio bursts and lighter weights. I really enjoyed this one (sans the low ends)!! During the step work in the w/u though, I felt groin pain (that subsided as I occasionally inserted groin stretches and as the w/o went on), but I noted I need more of a w/u without the step work!). I love how Cathe takes the time to stretch throughout...which is seldom done now in her newer offerings. Wow, if I wasn't doing her rotation, this one would have sat on my shelf probably another 10 years collecting dust (minus doing the floor band work recently). Love this rotation!! ETA: IDT Renew & Rejuvenate (Lauren- 43 min.) DH had to work late, so I had time to "put my feet up the wall". A last hoorah before my subscription ends tomorrow...a very relaxing class that uses a bolster and it felt great under my upper back. I didn't have my blocks nearby, so I used my foam roller to prop my feet & head on for the different poses. (I really like my foam roller and use it daily to roll my heel). I feel I got use out of my IDT subscription for 3/4 of the year before the horrible flare-up occurred and couldn't perform much power yoga for the past 4 months. They do have some great classes but I won't miss their stories or "self-help" talk too much. ;0)
15- Yvette Fit #19 Cardio & Core Workout=60 min.; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches The rotation called for Cardio Core Circuit but it is not among my collection, so this one seemed more doable anyway for my joint issues and actually was a great sub! It was a super fun class that uses the stability ball for cardio & core work, along with 5's, 8's & 10# KB & gliders. I found out my (rather new) smaller stab. ball works so much better with my low ceiling and my gliders worked doing them on my carpet (I just need to stand elsewhere to perform the exercises). <3 Very fun, sweaty, & non-stop class but still sailed by! Felt great to w/o with Yvette, dare I say!
16- *******365 DAYS OF DAILY MEDITATION!!!!******** Who knew I could do it?? LOL
Travel Fit; Perfect 30 (Mobility) I didn't even have the stats when I did this one last....so I'm guessing around 2010! Great cast of Cedie, Lorraine, Deezie & Brenda. I didn't want to eat up my w/o time again trying to figure out if Cathe's new fabric bands would work with this, so I used my green stretchie. I did reach for her Medium fabric band during the overhead exercises cause my stretchie doesn't allow that. Note to self: I think I need to buy one of Cathe's green stretchies...mine is starting to stick together as it is OLD. I didn't even remember this w/o had cardio bits in it but is low impact. Still would be a good one for travel when just wanting to move a bit.//I am going to buy me a Diet Coke today in appreciation of my 1 yr. anniv. of meditation! I deserve it. (Doesn't take much to make me happy, LMAO!)
17- LIS Total Body Trisets (Lower Body Express=23 min.); Lean Legs & Abs (TS #2 No Core Premix=38 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga What I originally thought would be a dread-inducing workout (not a fan of LB Trisets), this turned out to be a great workout w/ my modifications! I did the shortest premix, LOL, but I added the BOSU for all the dreaded forward lunge variations and just touching down to my calf and worked out great! It made it more doable and likable for me...even better than the JFO option. I give myself an A+ for creativity as I think I only did the wall squat as intended, LOL. Adding on LL&A was an even better idea to add a little more balance challenge (love this one for great leg conditioning and balance work) and since my BOSU was already out, I used it for the forward lunge variations in this one too. Brought my workout to a little over 60 min. with my added stretch. Great lower body workout today and hit 2 dust bunnies in the process!
18- LIS Total Body Trisets (Upper Body Express=19 min.); Cathe Live #234 Strong Express Upper Body=36 min.; Yoga30For30 (Mobility) Doing TBT these past two days have just enforced my opinion that it'll probably be some time again before I reach for either of these...just don't take to the exercises at all, even the shortest premixes. Cathe's live workout is always a favorite to get in and get out with a fried UB!! This is the class that has the p/u and sit up frenzy at the end...I just did p/u's at once and held plank variations for the durations which is more enjoyable for me. Cathe totally fries the shoulders from the get-go so it gets harder as you go. Thankfully, she decreases the reps by the end. While I was doing the regular bicep curls, my R wrist would pop/click, so I knew I should probably do Lauren's Mobility class! It is one I don't mind laying on the floor and holding the poses long. I really need to do this one more often for an awesome therapy session for shoulders and wrists. Great UB workout & stretch!
19- Rest Day

20- RwH Low Impact HiiT 2; RwH Plyo HiiT 2; Bonus Abs 1; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches I was just planning on doing her LIH but I had extra energy (that rest day did me good!), so I decided to add on her PH2. Had so much fun today! I'm embarrassed to say I didn't remember anything about her LH2, doing it last in 2018!!! It is such a gem! It was 2020 for PH2...I remember this one keeping my HR up for the whole workout just using my step mat. It rang true today too...so fun, but I did change up the many power 7's with knee repeaters or high knees. Wow, awesome dust bunnies! 500+ cal burn - woo hoo and keeping it lower impact, too. Gotta love it!
21- ICE To The Mat (TS #4: No Floor Work=32 min.) This was a good one to do after my early hair appt. that didn’t result in any sweating. Another dust bunny bit the dust…last time in 2018.
22- LIS Athletic Training; Mady's Back Pain Relief stretches This is another dust bunny of waiting 5 whole years since I did AT!!! I always associated this one with somewhat of a dread factor with that cardio segment at the beginning.... fast forward another 5 years and adding a BOSU as a sub for the step, and presto! a brand new FUN non-dread-inducing workout!!!! Had a BLAST today! It worked perfectly since she just does athletic exercises and no flying over the step, etc. I also used it for some of the core work. I noted I can heavy up next time on some of the weight work---those squat presses were a breeze with the 8's! I did slow down my pace (and heavied up) for the rear delt flyes but did keep it lighter for the DL's as I did one-legged DL's with raised back leg. Fantastic workout!! Great calorie burn too (another good one for afterburn effects) and keeping it safe(r) for the joints!
23- My lower body is sooo sore today!!! Yvette Fit (w/u); YT Fitness__KayKay (50 Min. Full Body Resistance Band Workout...); Olivia Lawson (Full Body Resistance Band Workout=16 min.); Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches; 2 hours Yard Work (beautiful, beautiful day!) I so wanted to continue with Yvette's workout, but thought I should follow the rotation and at least do a band workout! I couldn't face her Boss Band TB workout today, and KayKay's & Olivia's w/o's were a good sub for using the long bands. Thanks for mentioning this one, Jane, and what band(s) you used, so I wasn't 2nd guessing during the whole thing. I used my blue and green fabric bands which worked great. I even heard some Cathe music at one point! For a couple exercises on knees, I couldn't get my feet positioned in the band and put it up around my body and by the time I finally got positioned, she was about done! Luckily she does a 2nd set of most exercises, so I just grabbed my pink band and put it around my thighs which worked just as well, LOL. Another exercise was during Superman...I kept getting my ponytail caught in the band, LOL, so I just held the band out and up and down instead of bringing it back behind my head. But anyway, it was a goodie but I stopped at the HiiT finisher, haha, and added on Olivia's workout which was a nice little finisher in its' own way. It got into the muscles just a little bit more. During the biceps where Olivia does one arm at a time (she uses tubing), I just did both arms for one set then hammer curls for the 2nd set (hand placement & positioning makes all the difference!). So my arms got a double bonus there. I appreciate how these ladies take their time and concentrate on form using these bands. Good stuff! I am realizing with the band work, it's all about how you position your hands and feet to make it more or less challenging, choking up on the band, etc. I'm glad to find some YT workouts for practicing!
24- Yvette Fit #102 45 Min. All Out Cardio Kickboxing; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches I had low energy this morning (not to mention SORE - I think from the band work & yard work) so maybe I'll get to Plyo HiiT 1 before the month is over. I was craving some k/b and this Yvette is one of my favorites on her site when wanting some k/b (that includes kicks!) and is both high impact and low impact which doesn't seem so taxing and is very doable. It is non-stop cardio that is just so much fun and fabulous for standing core work throughout until her water break at the 36 min. mark. More cardio then the last 3-4 min. are core & stretch on the floor. I had my 2# wrist weights on and my arms were feeling it today! Another gorgeous day!
25- Perfect 30 (Mobility); Yoga30For30 (Mobility) I listened to my body and needed some stretching today...my neck/shoulders/traps are so sore from wearing my wrist weights yesterday during Yvette's class! Lauren's class really helped with that.
26- Rest Day

27 - RwH Plyo HiiT One (Premix 3 - first 1/2 of PH One & last half of PH Two=27 min.); RwH Bonus Abs 2; Stretch; Mady's Back Pain Relief Stretches I like this premix a lot but have to scurry around very quickly to grab my topper when the PH Two premix starts in--no warning! I did the tuck jump frenzies on my rebounder. There is no premix to add on the abs or stretch, so this was my premix which timed out around 53 min with all...had to make it shorter, as I have to take my mom to an appt. soon as well as finish the cleaning I didn't get to yesterday.
28- Step Boss PHA 3; Extended Lying Stretch Only the 3rd time for this one...I used my topper and had to keep the weights lighter (my hands are really painful today), so nothing more than 15# for the sumo/D/L's. These exercises are really creative - lots of weighted functional fitness and I burned just as many calories using lighter weights (ok, maybe 20 less) than when I could heavy up the first time doing it. Overall, a great workout that keeps up your HR but it was a little disappointing not doing it as intended.
29- Boss Loops: Glutes & Core (Mish Mosh Premix 4: Double Standing Lower Body Strength with Low Impact Cardio (minus stretch); Five Parks Yoga (Quick & Deep Stretch Relaxation Yoga Class - 17 min.) OK, I found a gem of a premix for the Loop workout! LOVED this premix of doubling the standing portion and cardio...so much so, that I will be trying the EXTRA Standing premix that is 67 min. next time!!!! May seem overkill, though, so I'll have to see. This premix was perfect at 40 min. (minus stretch), and the first time I used my pink medium band above my knees, and the 2nd time I used Cathe's green medium band above my knees. I also added my wrist weights the 2nd time around and added more upper body movements above my head...very easy to do and that made a big difference!! Totally makes it more total body and I love the fact that it's all standing since floor work sometimes has a major dread for me. This premix rocks and so glad I tried it!!! Erin's class was wonderful too...I am really missing her...she's still on break with an injury (I think), so revisiting her class was great. Feeling fantastic!
30- ICE Chiseled Upper Body (Mish Mosh Scrambled #2--mixes in core work from Icy Core 1=52 min.); Five Parks Yoga (12 min. Low Back Stress Release Yoga Class) This premix sort of takes the dread of this w/o away for me. Cathe is very innovative with her moves and with my lower back issue, I changed up some exercises (i.e. discus throw/some of the floor work) by adding in weight work. It is easy to go heavier in this - I used 5's (shoulders), 10's and 12's and when I'm doing extra chest and tricep work then intended, it adds up! Instead of the Bear Crawl Plank Walks, I did Bear Crawl walk outs then holding hovers with knees off floor. My quads are still feeling it an hour later!! It's good to be familiar with these YT instructors' exercises that I can sub Cathe's moves with and making it more challenging in the process! Erin's class was nice but Mady's Back Pain Release is still my #1 go-to for releasing tension in my back which I desperately needed after CUB! This w/o didn't burn very many calories, but I was in the FB zone for almost the whole workout today!! That's something!

Great, great rotation, and one I thoroughly enjoyed. Maybe b/c I hadn't followed an instructor's rotation for YEARS?! Mostly, I think it was the format and doing more strength workouts during the month that eased my boredom and possibly gave me some decent, noticeable results (to me anyway)! Also, I achieved a milestone reaching 1 whole year of daily meditation when I didn't think I could do even a week!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts, low impact series info