Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-21, 10:14 AM  
bex

Too mentally frazzled by work today to do a challenging workout. Tonight was one for Travis Eliot's 45 Mins Yin Yoga Foundations.

Which was just perfect. Relaxing and yet challenging in a very 'yin' way. Will definitely do this one again.

IceQueen - I've only done the first 3 days of the Glow Up Challenge but they're good. I particularly enjoyed Day 2 and had DOMS through my core afterwards, which I appreciated.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 07:57 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 65 Cardio & Abs
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss session 20 - Somehow my mood improved after this.

Still plugging away at Summertime Fine 3.0. Wondering what I'll have the mental energy for when it's done with all the crazy going on in the world.
Old 08-15-21, 08:34 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 69 FB No Repeat
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss session 18

Liked Sydney's workout today. Mentally easy to have a no repeats workouts. I went lighter with overhead moves to make sure to keep my shoulders down.
Old 08-15-21, 09:08 AM  
bex

Yesterday I went back to EPIC 2 with Day 3 - Upper Body. This was a tough one, and I went heavier than I thought on some rounds because I didn't notice Caroline had swapped down to her lighter pair of dumbbells.

I mean, I try to do 1/2 of what she does, but I thought she was using 15kg and yet I couldn't manage 7kg. So I checked my ego, grabbed lighter pairs and used 6kg or even 5kg.

I was feeling really weak, then suddenly I noticed that she'd swapped down to her 8kg pair. So yes I was still using less than Caroline but still proportionally more than I thought.

Afterwards we had an early dinner and I dragged myself home and fell asleep on the sofa. EPIC 2 is definitely harder and I'm going to have to pace myself. I could do EPIC 1 4x/week but might need to keep it to 3x/week with EPIC 2.
Old 08-16-21, 06:41 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 64 Strength & Conditioning

First day of phase 3. Last race in a 5K series of 4 this evening.
Old 08-16-21, 11:09 PM  
bex

Pulled myself onto the mat last night for Caroline Girvan's EPIC 2 Day 4 Cardio Dumbbell Full Body and was so pleased I did. Boy, this was a fun workout!

I was getting worried that EPIC 2 would all be heavy lifting and I'd have to crawl through it slowly. So glad it was light weights and cardio focused. I sweated buckets and loved it.

IceQueen - this one reminded me of the Glow Up challenge. If you liked this style, you'll like Glow Up.

Cooled down with the first 10 mins of Fightmaster Yoga's Full Body Yoga Stretch for Flexibility. I was hitting my bedtime so stopped it early, but I'll try this again when I have a little more time.
Old 08-17-21, 04:38 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Pulled myself onto the mat last night for Caroline Girvan's EPIC 2 Day 4 Cardio Dumbbell Full Body and was so pleased I did. Boy, this was a fun workout!

I was getting worried that EPIC 2 would all be heavy lifting and I'd have to crawl through it slowly. So glad it was light weights and cardio focused. I sweated buckets and loved it.

IceQueen - this one reminded me of the Glow Up challenge. If you liked this style, you'll like Glow Up.

Cooled down with the first 10 mins of Fightmaster Yoga's Full Body Yoga Stretch for Flexibility. I was hitting my bedtime so stopped it early, but I'll try this again when I have a little more time.
Thanks Bex, I will have to look at my notes for that one to see if I liked. I want to do the Glow Up, maybe will try next week - doing Caroline's Tempo Week. I really like these weekly ones that change every week - no dread that it is a long rotation.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 06:56 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 66 Butt & Shoulders - 54 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no.8 - 4 min
Old 08-19-21, 07:05 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 68 Arms & Legs EMOM - 48 min

I actually liked this one although I would love it if it had back and chest work. Now I know how to modify more next week. I did one round of pullovers, will add pushups next week. At least there is more shoulder work in this phase. Kept my heart rate.
Old 08-20-21, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 67 TB BW Tabata & Abs - 34 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no.22 - 4 min

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle