Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-21, 12:42 AM  
bex

Yesterday my shoulders were definitely not up to a Caroline upper body workout, so I picked out 2 of her 'singles': 30 Min Defined Abs Workout and 30 Min Constant Cardio at home.

Both were quite do-able. Either I've gotten stronger or Caroline turned down the intensity to allow for a 30 min Ab workout. (Maybe both).

And the cardio really was a pleasant steady state. Not easy, of course, but I was able to maintain the same intensity all the way through.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 04:26 AM  
IceQueen07

Pyramid Day 3 - this one hurts. Glutes and Hamstrings. Caroline is using 55lbs. I don't even own anything that big. Largest I have is 35lbs and that about killed me for these moves, I dropped to 20lb for some of the thrusts. Not a great calorie burner at all, but loved it though, just a killer glute workout.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 06:17 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Pyramid Day 3 - this one hurts. Glutes and Hamstrings. Caroline is using 55lbs. I don't even own anything that big. Largest I have is 35lbs and that about killed me for these moves, I dropped to 20lb for some of the thrusts. Not a great calorie burner at all, but loved it though, just a killer glute workout.
I'm right behind you - going to do this one soon but I hate the thrusts so I will sub for them. I know they are good for you but I just hate them so I don't do them.

Just finished tough Kaleigh spin.

Storms on and off the next few days and they are warning about power outages. Noooo! We have well water, which means no water or electricity when we lose power. Not fun.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 07:21 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 58 Glute s & Abs
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss session 17

My back always bothers me with thrusts so I do glute bridges. Is there a better option?
Old 08-12-21, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 60 Max Out Legs

Ugh, my leg days ended up next to each other. Really had to push myself through this one. SL squats or sit and stands AND Bulgarians. Happy when it was over. So happy I skipped MrandMrsMuscle's tabata!
Old 08-12-21, 08:28 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and I did a few of Caroline's older workouts - 10 mins. chest/10 minute back/15 minute shoulders/arms. Last upper body workout before we take our road trip. I'm going to miss my workouts!

buffmama your poor legs!

Erica
Old 08-13-21, 12:46 AM  
bex

Yesterday I went back to Heather Robertson's Glow Up Challenge - Day 3 Legs & Booty AMRAP. I didn’t love this as much as Day 1 & 2 because I didn’t preview, so I found myself struggling to grab the right weights and remember the complex moves in the short 20 sec break between each set.

It wasn't a leg killer, but it definitely got my HR up. I was sweating buckets by the time the cooldown came up. I grabbed a water break and decided to do more to really get into the muscles, so I add on Heather's 15 Min Booty Band Workout for Strong Glutes.

That *definitely* brought the burn. I used my strongest mini band and was seeing stars by the end of the circuit. For the second half I switched down to the medium band so I could finish.

Then I went back to the Glow Up Day 3 cool down and added on my fave Jan Chuan's How to Stretch After Leg Day.

I also did a thorough foam roll and stretch of my shoulders so I can take on Caroline's UB tonight.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 04:23 AM  
IceQueen07

Did Caroline's Pyramid Full Body - another good workout but too many Bulgarian lunges, sets with weights and then later without weights. I really don't like that move too much and seems a lot for my knees. Otherwise it was good. None of these workouts burn too many calories so if I do this series again, I will need to add some cardio/hiit to them.

Bex I am tempted to try Heather's Glow Up Challenge, it looks good.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 07:36 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertiime Fine 3.0 Day 61 Push Max Out. I didn't have the mental power for the dip/push up finisher even though the workout isn't that tough.

Are Caroline's latest as tough as her EPIC workouts?
Old 08-13-21, 08:48 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Did Caroline's Pyramid Full Body - another good workout but too many Bulgarian lunges, sets with weights and then later without weights.
I looked at the description of this one and decided not to do it. I tend to only do her splits (MTW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post

Are Caroline's latest as tough as her EPIC workouts?
I can't remember - there are so many and most seem the same to me other than Heat since the workouts are shorter.

Kaleigh spin this morning and then Epic Heat lower body - I can't remember the names. Did all of a Drop Down one or Drop It or whatever and part of another to make 45 minutes.

Last workout for a while - heading on our long road trip tomorrow.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle