Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-21, 09:06 AM  
SandyO

17 days ago Scott watched a bunny dig a den right outside his window... he's been looking out checking each morning, and today there were three tiny bunnies out briefly before they hustled back inside. So cute! He never saw the mother feeding checking dawn and dusk, but clearly she was because these cuties look healthy.

Edit: actually FOUR!
Edit: now Scott says he saw five.
Edit: I did see all five yesterday. So fun to watch. Scott didn't mow around the den since the mom dug the hole, so there is tall grass for them to hide in. As they explore, it's hard to see them since they are so little. They crawl rather than hop, so it will be a big step once they hop.
Old 08-01-21, 08:50 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
17 days ago Scott watched a bunny dig a den right outside his window... he's been looking out checking each morning, and today there were three tiny bunnies out briefly before they hustled back inside. So cute! He never saw the mother feeding checking dawn and dusk, but clearly she was because these cuties look healthy.

Edit: actually FOUR!
Edit: now Scott says he saw five.
Edit: I did see all five yesterday. So fun to watch. Scott didn't mow around the den since the mom dug the hole, so there is tall grass for them to hide in. As they explore, it's hard to see them since they are so little. They crawl rather than hop, so it will be a big step once they hop.
Simply the happiest news all week! Enjoy watching them grow.
Short local hike should pick me up a bit more. Testing out new hiking boots.
Old 08-01-21, 10:17 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Simply the happiest news all week! Enjoy watching them grow.
Short local hike should pick me up a bit more. Testing out new hiking boots.
What running shoes are you using now?
Old 08-01-21, 03:31 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
What running shoes are you using now?
I got Altra Kokiri kids sneakers. Very little support if you want that.

In case any of this is helpful I also invested in new hiking boots since my old ones are coming apart (Merrill Moab kids), hiking pants since I don't own any (Mountainmaker girls), and a new backpack since mine went past my waist and was uncomfortable and heavy (REI Flash 22) and a bladder to go in it since I never had one (Osprey). ETA: I bought the kids sizes since they cost less and I couldn't come up with a reason not to. I wore the boots today and they and the sneakers are very comfortable - although I might not run a marathon in them. FYI: I do all my home workouts barefoot.
Old 08-01-21, 07:39 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday hubby and I went to another Ren Fest and had a good day. Today I went back with our friend and her kids. A different but still fun day. I don't get to spend a lot of time with the kids bc get togethers are usually adult events. I am exhausted! Yesterday we got up at 5:50. Today I overslept till 6:30 so didn't have enough time to really choose an outfit and get ready so I wore normal clothes. Plus I slightly sunburned my chest yesterday and didn't feel like exposing it to the sun again so soon.

Last week was kind of a bust with workouts. I had to take some time to rest my calf but then I just wasn't feeling like working out. I did enough to meet my minutes but nothing too hard. I need to set out my plan for this week. Tmrw will be my virtual 5k, which I admit I'm not looking forward to after not running since last Monday.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 03:50 AM  
Helen

I completely FORGOT about the run!!
Shall try to get it in this week - the weather HAD been icy (for me - it's relative) but lately it's been lovely, so no excuses.

Had a couple of good weeks, but last week was quite thin - apart from being pleased I'd crossed a weight boundary I've been struggling with for a while.

Keeping regular is hard as VF is painfully slow to load, always having to do several refresh/reload to get to any page. Often run out of time and need to do something else. Have been on tonight for well over an hour - and have ONLY updated my weekly entries & posted in my beloved Every Day in <month>, then to be able to type this.

The rabbit story is SO LOVELY!!! We only have a regular blue-tongue lizard to boast of, but DH sends lots of pics from the farm.

He's away for a week but I have DD1 Bridget with me. She's been accepted to do a Ph.D. and has a decent scholarship: no fees + $20k per year living expenses, for 3 yrs. Set to start in November, so she'll be home until then ! but planning on visiting DD2 Caitlin in Melbourne for a month - as soon as the border opens again. We from NSW are banned at the moment due to an outbreak in Sydney. Over 200 new cases today.

Speaking of which - I've finally managed to get my first Pfizer jab, with NO side effects at all - wouldn't know I'd had it. Second one due mid August. Teachers have STILL not been prioritised.

All of NSW can only have 5 people visit your house, but WE can have 30 students in a closed room all day!! The contradictions are infuriating!

Whinge over.

August for me:
1) do the run! and keep doing more as the weather becomes warmer
2) keep up with my Chrono mission - quite motivated about it
3) keep up choreo Mondays - buddy is enjoying those
4) keep whittling my weight - down just over 11lb from start of year - slow but making progress

The chrono mission has these coming up, in order:
Body Max (93min )
Power Hour
Intensity Series (including Terminator compilation)
Body Blast Series (including the 5 Timesaver compilation workouts)
4 workouts .... then
Hardcore Series (including Hardcore Extreme compilation)

so some tough stuff coming!

STS isn't due until maybe February - depending on how well I stick to the schedule. May do the rotation that incorporates Shock Cardio since it's right after STS proper.

Haven't seen the August thread - is it up yet? Or did I just miss it with the constant presence of the death-spiral?

Apologies for not being regular (my bowels are fine, btw ).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 07:33 AM  
SandyO

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231459

Yes, the August went up last week.

You were probably busy explaining how an exercise database software package is indeed wealth to be shared...
Old 08-02-21, 09:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Sandy, so glad you have bunnies to watch again! Great job on your Getting Buff 5k! You are still so fast!

Helen, glad you have Bridget for company while DH is at the farm again. I would love to have your cool weather!! Next wknd I don't think I have any plans so I'm hoping to sit down with your database then and start learning. I am so excited!

Buff, yay for new hiking gear! I haven't looked at running shoes in a while. I dread having to replace my Olympus. The Duo are okay but I much prefer the Olympus. I added extra padding in the Duo though and they are better that way

I better get up and out. Poor Cyric must have a steel bladder. He never complains. But I sort of wish he was like D'Argo and Chianna were in the morning...when my alarm went off they made sure I got up!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 05:59 PM  
Helen

Quote:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231459

Yes, the August went up last week.

You were probably busy explaining how an exercise database software package is indeed wealth to be shared...
Thank you Sandy! Also, thanks for that last comment.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote