Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-11-21, 06:55 PM  
ChelePA

I need to look but I think there are timesaver premixes that combine the two workouts and a dual premix.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 06:57 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I need to look but I think there are timesaver premixes that combine the two workouts and a dual premix.
From PRS #2

Timesaver #2 (Workout #1 & 2 Mix): warm up, Step Combo #1 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 3 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 6 + Step Combo #3 + Stretch 28 minutes

Step Mix: warm Up + Step Combo #1 + Step Combo #5 + Step Combo #6 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 2 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 3 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 4 + Finished Product + Stretch 46 minutes
Old 02-11-21, 08:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
From PRS #2

Timesaver #2 (Workout #1 & 2 Mix): warm up, Step Combo #1 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 3 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 6 + Step Combo #3 + Stretch 28 minutes

Step Mix: warm Up + Step Combo #1 + Step Combo #5 + Step Combo #6 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 2 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 3 + Bonus Step #2 Combo 4 + Finished Product + Stretch 61 minutes
Oh thank you. I don't know what's wrong with me today. I am wiped out -- I looked at that but somehow didn't grok it.
Old 02-11-21, 09:16 PM  
Mickey12

Bee your posts always make me smile! I hope you get back on track soon.

ManleyM I like Turbo Fire workouts too, but agree that they are super sonic fast. My form the other night was not great but I really did have fun. I don't think of them as kickboxing either, more like cardio with kickbox moves.

ChelePA OMG, poor Winston, poor you! I'm so glad your gut told you to get a second opinion. Pets are so wonderful but they don't come without some stress and worry. I'm sure he will mend great. He does look very sad in the cone though. Many years ago I had to take Rudy for emergency surgery because he ate my yoga block. I thought he was just clawing it but there were bigger chunks out of it that I couldn't account for. So, off to the vet I went. He had surgery to remove the purple yoga block from his stomach. Now I have to make sure the blocks are stored behind closed doors.

I was rearranging some DVDs tonight and I came upon Tony Horton's Power 90 Master Series DVDs from 2005. I forgot I had these. I decided on UML which is upper middle lower - all body weight, an upper body exercise, core exercise and then lower body exercise. It was fun, moderate work, no impact. Tony was his usual goofy self. I was sort of tired tonight so it was a good choice.

I'll join in for Cathe's Party Rockin Step tomorrow, haven't decided which one yet.
Old 02-11-21, 11:35 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Bee your posts always make me smile! I hope you get back on track soon.

ManleyM I like Turbo Fire workouts too, but agree that they are super sonic fast. My form the other night was not great but I really did have fun. I don't think of them as kickboxing either, more like cardio with kickbox moves.

ChelePA OMG, poor Winston, poor you! I'm so glad your gut told you to get a second opinion. Pets are so wonderful but they don't come without some stress and worry. I'm sure he will mend great. He does look very sad in the cone though. Many years ago I had to take Rudy for emergency surgery because he ate my yoga block. I thought he was just clawing it but there were bigger chunks out of it that I couldn't account for. So, off to the vet I went. He had surgery to remove the purple yoga block from his stomach. Now I have to make sure the blocks are stored behind closed doors.

I was rearranging some DVDs tonight and I came upon Tony Horton's Power 90 Master Series DVDs from 2005. I forgot I had these. I decided on UML which is upper middle lower - all body weight, an upper body exercise, core exercise and then lower body exercise. It was fun, moderate work, no impact. Tony was his usual goofy self. I was sort of tired tonight so it was a good choice.

I'll join in for Cathe's Party Rockin Step tomorrow, haven't decided which one yet.
The one thing that freaked me out while Winston was in distress is that he crawled under our couch and wouldn’t move. I had to drag him out. He’s afraid of going under there so it was so out of the ordinary. It reminded me of how pets hide when dying. Then when the vet said all was ok, I stayed up watching his breathing. Knowing it was not normal. I am still so angry that he had to suffer until the next day because of her incompetence. Kim...definitely worth the stress but ugh!!! Glad your kitty was okay after surgery.

My sleep schedule is completely off since Winston gets medication through the night plus his potty breaks in the freezing cold really wake me up. So I decided to get my workout done early...maybe I'll have a chance to nap later once my daughter finishes school I chose the Step Mix from PRS #2 since the final combination is included on this premix. I find it easier to remember than #1 since every sequence won't be reviewed in this one. The bonus combos from PRS#1 were lots of fun and she included the ones with less complex choreography. I picked them up immediately despite not doing this workout in some time. The final combos from PRS #2 took a beat to remember since three of them were not taught in this premix. I think she had the time listed as 46 minutes but it seemed closer to an hour...but I am not completely sure since I added on 15 minutes of Timesaver Basic Mobility Core Focus. These step routines have always been a favorite. I think I may do PRS#1 premix in the near future especially since I'm keeping it lighter until Winston is completely healed and I can get back into my normal routine.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday!
Old 02-12-21, 01:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Fun Friday!! I did the same premix as Chele, though I didn't do it in the wee hours of the morning. I checked my clock and it did seem to be 45 minutes. I struggled a little with the choreography but was able to fake it enough to keep up. Very fun!! I think I actually did better with the one that had the step downs -- the first time I tried this workout I remember messing up on that routine. I followed with an Inner Dimension "Yin Mama" -- great outer hip stretch in that.

Kim, I at least know it's Friday today! That Tony sounds like a good one!

Have a great day/weekend, peeps!!
Old 02-12-21, 01:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Everyone is so chatty! I can hardly keep up.

Quickie post. It's SO cold outside I have to help hubby get the car started. -7 right now.

Yesterday I did LMOD Body Attack 109. What great fun! I'm always so excited for new Les Mills releases. Well worth the subscription considering most instructor DVDs are so expensive. Lisa, Bevan and a new guy. Even though they didn't have an audience there was a lot of energy and a brand new shiny stage.

Today I did Katami 4x4 I Am Warrior 1. Yikes these are starting to get more challenging, as they are supposed to. More compound moves and mobility moves. Even though it's still broken down into cardio/lower/upper/core, all the moves were pretty much total body. Whew....

Hope everyone is still well and has a great weekend. Going back to read posts now. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 01:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

I'm still here, just been in a funk this week for some reason. Maybe it's the weather, up and down temps and cold rain. Anyway I haven't been sleeping too well, but still keeping up with working out for the most part. I "think" I've lost some cardio capacity during STS, as the workouts this week seemed harder than I think they would have before (except for Kat's step--her workouts just fly by for me). It could also be that my rotten sleep and recovery from STS are contributing to it. Dunno. From the posts here it seems like several of us are in a funk, but we will recover, WE ARE THE FIERCE WATULAN NATION!
Discussion of Turbo Fire made me think of TF Fire 45 which is the one that I've done that has "Boom I got your boyfriend" in it. My DH was home when I did this one time and now does an imitation of the song that is hilarious! I don't think I've done any of the EZ workouts, so I may have to try them. Are they similar cardio just without the "fire drills"? These aren't too fast for me at all, at least they aren't now that I am familiar with Chalene's choreography.

I've done Cathe Live #11 Metabolic Circuit, #38 Low Impact HiiT Circuit, #62 Cardio Mish Mosh and Kat's Advanced Step #7. All good stuff! There really has been maybe one of the Lives that I didn't like. I'm finding that doing the older Lives is mixing it up a bit for me.

I'm in for PRS today and probably will pick one that combines the two workouts. IIRC there are several premixes that combine/alternate segments of the two.

FOLV, THANKS for the clever song celebrating our completion of STS! So cute!!!

FN1, I'm up for a Katami 4 x 4 rotation starting next week. I will take a look at it and see what his rotation calls for but if it's a lot of repetition within the week I'm not really up for that. I think manley had a good suggestion as to an approach to it. Kate has already started but I don't think she's doing an actual rotation, but if she is she needs to share!

Kate, I love the Prince comment about the cold weather in MN. I had never heard that---funny!

horusosiris, on the cardio karate thread you mentioned that there were a couple of the workouts that you like. Which ones were they? I have tried both the Amy and the Gay workouts and at least the first time around they weren't for me. I haven't tried the others and before I let the set go I want to make sure there isn't a hidden gem or two in the series!

ChelePA, so scary about Winston! Good for you to rely on your instincts and pushing to get proper care. We had a German Shepherd puppy who swallowed a needle and thread and he had to be watched until he pooped it out since the needle could have perforated any number of organs along the way. The vet said the thread may have helped to lead the thread out safely but jeez we were so worried. Puppies have to be saved from themselves for sure and you are sharp for paying such close attention. Hope both of you are recovering!!

Kim, it seems we pet parents all have scary stories of our animals in distress!

bee, you brought back some memories with the use of the work grok! It's been years (and years) since I read Stranger in a Strange Land!! And don't you throw shade at Fritos for your bad sleep! They are tasty little salty bits of crunchy corn deliciousness!

Nathalie, I'm glad you are healing. It can be tough to "start" again after pulling back, but it sounds like you are doing it well. I haven't done #101 yet. I'm kind of working my way from the older to the newer ones depending on what kind of workout I want to do. There are so many to choose from!

manley, we only lived in Ocala for roughly a year. In that year we discovered that we aren't really "Florida" type of people. I never thought I would miss a change in seasons but I did. OTOH there were great trails for bike riding, which DH and I did whenever we could, but no fall leaves ("they just turn brown and fall off" to quote my former boss) and just cold and rainy in the winter and hotter than you know what in the summer, which starts in February or so it seemed. So we moved back to Virginia, at least until we figure out where we want to go for good.

Waves to all! Hope I don't get the dreaded 500 error!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 02:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, I can't keep up with posts right now either, hah! Can't wait to try Katami after hearing your thoughts.

I feel for those of you in the brrrrrr collllllddd category! I just did Shovel Max and anticipate doing it several more times this weekend. We're supposed to get 8 inches or something ridiculous, dang it! WHERE is spring??? At least I got in Hair Max yesterday before the snow started coming down because once again, I neglected to put the snow tires on my car.

Yesterday was Yoga 30 for 30, The Edge, and today, I'm thinking of doing Cathe's High Step Training because I've been wanting to do that one for ages! Still have to figure out a Katami rotation starting next week, but I think I have some ideas now.

Nathalie, totally glad you're feeling better and finding your groove again!

Horusosiris, also glad to hear from you and your report on Cathe's Valentine's day Live.

Kim, laughing that you 'found' a new/old set you had, hah! That's a Vfer thing if I ever saw one. Oh, and my Maine Coon Merlin enjoys chewing on/rubbing against anything with a rubber texture or smell. Including the coating on my 25-pound dumbbells. Weirdo!!

ChelePA, you are a MACHINE. If I had that stress going on with the pup, I'd be doing NOTHING but you're still getting in your workouts! How is he doing? Poor sweet baby! I'd be FURIOUS at that vet too.

Bee, your posts frequently make me laugh too, in a good way!

Manleym, I FINALLY finished Poldark and am now so sad it's over. And yeah, I looked at Katami's official rotation and NO WAY could I do that, the same workout over and over again? Uh, no! I think I'll just do them one by one on alternate days and add in other workouts as I see fit, hmph.

FN2, OMG....I too have been in SUCH A SLUMP/down in the dumps this week! I figured it was P-STS-TSD, but several of us seem to have it! The cold and snow are NOT helping, 'nuff said! Anyway, glad to 'hear' from you again. And yes, see above comment to Manleym about Katami, hah!

Okay, tons of work to get done, ug....waves to Garrie and Mistress Cowbell Composer Extraordinaire, FOLV!!! Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 03:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So, FN1, here's what I'm thinking of starting for a Cataddicized Katami 4 x 4 rotation.

Week 1: Change 1 and 2 and Athlete 1. I'll fit in the foam roller repair workout probably twice, and maybe the 2 x 4. I don't think I want to do the rope workout right now since my hands are still in recovery from the heavy lifting STS. I've had arthritis in my hands since I was in my 20s, and a lot of heavy lifting aggravates it. The rope workout is tough on them.

Week 2: Athlete 2 and Warrior 1 and 2. I'm gonna be flexible about this since I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't done these at all, despite having the set for several years. I think I got burned out on the rotation after a little into the second month and stopped in the middle of the Athlete workouts.

Week 3: Hero 1 and 2, Double Down with Paul and Amy, to keep this a "Paul" rotation.

This is not really much of a "rotation." I'm very much going to make adjustments as I go along and see how it goes.

Thoughts and what are your ideas? manleym, weren't you going to do a 4 x 4 modified rotation as well?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in