Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-19, 06:55 PM  
hotncmom

LEKFit vs. Dancebody

Can anyone please share how LEKFit and Dancebody compare? I have tried LEKFit but I'm not clicking with it. I think my biggest issue is that the instructor faces forward on the mat instead of sideways to the class so I'm always having to lift my head to see what she's doing which gives me a headache by the end of the class. And the cuing is not the best, and the music is so loud I can't hear the cues when they are there.

I am mostly interested in the sculpt-type workouts with light weights and mat work (planks and leg stuff). I would be interested in dance if it's really dumbed down for someone who can't learn choreography and if it's low impact (or is easily modified as such). I'd also like to know what kind of props they use. I like using bands for the lower body as well as the pilates ball and ring.

Also curious of the length of the workouts? Do they have any shorter 30-minute workouts?

Also wondering whether everything is full-body workouts or if there are some lower body and upper body focused workouts?

I've seen some samples on Youtube, but Dancebody is pretty expensive so I'd like to get some idea of what the classes are like before I sign up for the 3-day free trial. And BTW, only a 3-day trial seems stingy. Most sites offer at least 7 days. Are there any offers to extend the trial longer?

Thank you!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-19, 11:01 AM  
pcramer

Dance Body is has several different workouts one is mainly sculpt with some dance. The sculpt is filmed from behind and is fast with minimal for cues or time between different exercises. The dance based workouts are highly choreographed, fast paced with high impact, high kicks mixed with push ups, mountain climbers and burpees. They have a few low impact dances. The cueing is hard to hear just like LEKfit. I would love it, if I were still in my 30s-40s and fit. If you have Instagram, check out their page @dancebody they have a ton of clips to watch on their page.

I hope this helps
Old 01-16-19, 03:08 PM  
upperwside

I'm back to doing LEK Fit after a break. .. I was doing only Hamelin, but now adding LEK Fit in with it for a change. I love LEK, the sculpt is really shaping me up!! I did not click at all with Dancebody. Too fast and the dancing was too much impact and confusing. Their sculpt is not as good as LEK imo. Lauren does a move for quite a while... So it easy to see what she's doing then keep repping it out!! Try out the free 3_days.. Try a sculpt and dance and then view some videos to see what you think. I did one month and after 5 workouts.. I knew I'd never want to do any again. Maybe when I was 25, but not for my 46 year old body!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 08:11 PM  
hotncmom

Update: I have been doing Dancebody for about 2 weeks now and so far I love it! I cancelled LEKFit. This is the second time I've tried it and it just doesn't click.

I haven't tried a Signature class yet. So far I've been doing the shorter Sculpts in the Private Sessions and the Sculpt classes, and for dancing I've been poking around with the Breakdowns and trying to learn a dance a bit at a time. I walk for cardio so I don't feel pressured to perform adequately, ha ha. I just try to let it be fun.

The Sculpts that I've been able to do so far are so good. I've done several that are 30-40 minutes long. I'm working my way up the hour-long ones. Most likely I'll have to do those on weekends because right now I'm working overtime so half-hour workouts are all I have time for on weeknights. I feel like every muscle gets worked and it's all the stuff I like to do. I'm really excited to see the results I get.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancebody, lekfit