Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-16, 06:04 PM  
Diana2468

Hi Joanna! Congrats. I too am in the early stages but I am expecting twins in October. I have a lot of the same questions. I am mostly doing treadmill walking, leslie/jessica walking, and yoga these days. I think sticking to lower impact makes sense! I'd be happy to be workout buddies or to participate in a check in if there is enough interest.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-16, 07:24 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post
Hi Joanna! Congrats. I too am in the early stages but I am expecting twins in October. I have a lot of the same questions. I am mostly doing treadmill walking, leslie/jessica walking, and yoga these days. I think sticking to lower impact makes sense! I'd be happy to be workout buddies or to participate in a check in if there is enough interest.
Congratulations Diana!
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 10:11 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Yay, a buddy! Twins, Diana, wow! Which check-in do you want to hook up with? I'm there.

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice and congratulations. It is so strange to think that when I first joined VF, I was in second year university and now I am married and starting a family. It took me longer than I had thought it would to get to this point in my life and we needed some help with the baby stuff. The twists and turns of life are sometimes unexpected :-)
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-16, 05:01 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Congrats, Joanna! I have a 7-month-old boy and an almost 4-year-old boy too. It's been especially hard to keep fit with two kids around after maternity leave ended (lucky me had five months off and got back to pre-pregnancy weight with lots of stroller rides and easing back into lifting weights & practicing yoga). I'm trying to fit as much activity into my daily life -- taking the stairs at work, making walking and biking as a part of my commute, taking baby on longer stroller rides on the weekend, squeezing in 30-minute strength workouts at the work gym. Something is better than nothing. A few years from now, they'll be off to play dates and/or hanging out with each other more and I'll be able to spend more time with my beloved DVDs and at the yoga studio again
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-16, 05:44 PM  
ellaenchanted

Congrats to both of you!
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-16, 10:06 PM  
CatInTheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Yay, a buddy! Twins, Diana, wow! Which check-in do you want to hook up with? I'm there.

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice and congratulations. It is so strange to think that when I first joined VF, I was in second year university and now I am married and starting a family. It took me longer than I had thought it would to get to this point in my life and we needed some help with the baby stuff. The twists and turns of life are sometimes unexpected :-)
This was me as well. Have a 1.5 and 3.5 year old, and am 43!!! Ack! Where did the years go! And we had to do IVF as well, so that seemed to add some pounds.

I can say this - your body is going to do what it wants. So while eating right and working out are important, if you suddenly plump up, it's not because of what you're doing/not doing. My body had a mind of its own during both pregnancies. So if you gain 40 or 50 lbs and have no idea why, don't worry. A lot of it is fluid, and not fat.

Also - eat what you crave. I craved fruit and water - it was like my body just knew what to do. And take it easy with exercise. Most pre-natal stuff was too light for me, so I did my usual workouts, but lightened up the weights when needed.

So exciting!!! Congratulations!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-16, 04:01 AM  
topfitmama

Congratulations, Joanna and Diana. Wow, twins!!!!!

I have three children and my baby is 8! I walked a lot and did some swimming during my first and second pregnancies. I had to stop swimming with my third because of pelvic pain (spd that no doctor or midwife took seriously....). I had to walk a lot because I didn't have any other way to get to the store or the playground with my two boys. Needless to say, I didn't have any time or energy to work out!
After giving birth, I used Cindy Crawford's " A New Dimension" because I didn't have anything else. It was a nice way to ease back into exercise, although workout 3 made me feel sick the first few times I did it.

My body responded very well to nursing and I lost all the weight effortlessly and then some. I have never been thinner than when I was nursing. Even most of my cellulite disappeared! Sadly, the weight and cellulite came back on, slowly but surely, when I was done nursing my third child.

Enjoy the journey! It will change your life forever!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 02:20 PM  
Kesal

Congratulations, Joanna and Diane! I wish you both happy and easy pregnancies! My baby will turn 2 next month… hard to believe (and I’m 42, speaking of taking the long road).

I felt too crappy during my first trimester to do any exercise, but I felt great through the rest of pregnancy. I don’t feel like taking a time out for those first couple of months set me back fitness-wise, so don’t stress if you’re hit with fatigue or nausea. I did Suzanne Bowen’s prenatal dvds five days a week from about 14 weeks on, and credit them with keeping me feeling comfortable in my body and fit for labor. They were just perfect in intensity (and length, since I work full time).

I’m having a much harder time getting back into working out with a baby/toddler, but that’s another story.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 02:50 PM  
Exercise Diva

Congratulations Joanna! My "baby" is turning 23 in August. Hard to believe! It's an amazing journey - enjoy.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 03:37 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesal View Post
I’m having a much harder time getting back into working out with a baby/toddler, but that’s another story.
Right?! This is me too. Mine is 14 months and in the process of morphing into what I call the toddler gremlin. I've been off my game for a month! I just need to get back in the exercise habit but it's hard. DH is talking about another already and all I can think is and that I can barely keep up with one.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote