Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-15, 08:28 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Has anyone created Jari Love halfsies?

I'm wondering if anyone has broken down Jari Love's workouts so that you can do half one day and half another?

I'm specifically wondering about Get Ripped: Slim & Lean and Get Ripped & Chiseled.

I know I could probably do upper body one day, and lower the next, but there are people around here who are really savvy about pairing up exercises or even making the easiest use of the chaptering.

Anyway, I thought it was work asking if anyone else was doing that with these, and how they did it.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 09:51 AM  
alisoncooks

Listening in because I have thought about it but never done anything official (and I can't bear the thought of an hour of anything lately, even Jari.)

I have thought the easiest would be like you said: upper one day, lower the next.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 10:20 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I've done it with other workouts, but not with Jari. Now that you mention it, I might try it. The only thing is that the upper body portions are usually longer than the lower body ones. I might pair legs and back since those muscles tie in together. I'm not much for her ab work so I'd continue doing that on my own.

I did do the upper body portion of Cathe's High Reps quite a few times when I hurt my knee. I disliked fooling around with the band and weights at the same time, and soon gave up on trying to adjust the band. I've also done the upper body portion of Power Hour, but High Reps is more difficult.
Old 08-25-15, 10:46 AM  
alisoncooks

I've also thought about alternating Jari's upper body segments with other lower body workouts (Winsor B&T or BBL High & Tight).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 11:06 AM  
CatInTheHat

YES!
I just did this last week with both videos.

With Ripped and Chiseled - one of my Favorites, I did this breakdown, and the numbers listed correspond to the segment numbers.

Day 1:
1 - Warmup
2 - Lunges
3 - Squats
4 - Deadlifts
5 - Chest Press
6 - Pushups
7 - Chest Fly
8 - Back
15 - Cooldown

Day 2:
1 - Warmup
9 - Tricep Dip
10 - Skull Crushers
11 - Pullovers
12 - Overhead Press
13 - Biceps
14 - Hammer Curls
15 - Cooldown

Add In: Abs Section from this or another video.

I did have to put a day in between the two workouts because I was pretty sure after round 1, so I didn't do them on consecutive days.

With Slim and Lean I did this:
Day 1:
1 - Warmup
2 - Squats
3 - Lunges
5 - Bent Leg Dead Lift
9 - Single Leg Squats & Wide Squats
11 - Abs
12 - Cooldown

Day 2:
1 - Warmup
4 - Chest Press
6 - Pushups / Rotator Cuff
7 - Tricep Dip / Overhead Ext
8 - Biceps
10 - Shoulders
12 - Cooldown

Especially with Ripped and Chiseled - I like the way I split them because I can really focus on the Bi's / Tri's and Shoulders. If I did the whole video in one day it's not so much the length that bothers me but the fact that I'm wiped by the time I get to the smaller muscles. That said, I was doing both the above videos in one day for the past 3 years until about 2 weeks ago when I realized, I need to split these so I can focus more on the smaller muscles too.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 01:18 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Alison - I hadn't really thought about pairing sections of Jari with other workouts, but that totally makes sense, and would help me get more variety in. I bet I could some interesting things with a Jeri/CLX rotation.

CatInTheHat - that's perfect!! Thank you so much for posting!! That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. A way to do Jeri workouts with spending over an hour on it. I will definitely give your routines a try.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 08:25 AM  
bubbles76

CatInTheHat, thanks so much for this! It's perfect; puts new life into my older Jari's. I tend not to reach for them now, as I don't have the time to do an hour or more nowadays, but this sounds completely doable. Have you split up any of her other longer workouts?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 08:31 AM  
laurajhawk

I've done upper/lower splits, and I've also done rotations with Jari for upper body only, alternating with barre for lower.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 08:40 AM  
Diana3271

I'm not extremely familiar with her workouts. But, doesn't she have DVD's that have 2 workouts on them and they are 30 minutes each? I'm not sure which ones, though.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 08:58 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I'm not extremely familiar with her workouts. But, doesn't she have DVD's that have 2 workouts on them and they are 30 minutes each? I'm not sure which ones, though.
All the ones that have "Extremely" in the title.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, jari love halfsies, jari love split, ripped and chiseled, slim and lean