Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-21, 06:58 PM  
dianestjohn

I wish Ravi and Ana would make more kundalini dvds or streaming workouts. I've tried many different kundalini instructors and I always come back to their offerings - for me the intensity is just right, the production values are lovely, and there is just enough chatting and just enough silence, just enough challenge and just enough ease.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 07:18 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I would love a 20-20-20 workout. 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes strength and 20 minutes stretch/flexibility. This can come from Cathy, Kelly, Patrick Goudeau or Michelle Dozois.
I was just researching a new (to me) chain that follows this format. Looked interesting. https://spenga.com/
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 07:19 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was just researching a new (to me) chain that follows this format. Looked interesting. https://spenga.com/
I was thinking that it’d be easy to replicate at home…but how does one schedule it into the workout week…?

ETA: I meant to edit above, not quote. Whoops.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 11:44 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was thinking that it’d be easy to replicate at home…but how does one schedule it into the workout week…?

ETA: I meant to edit above, not quote. Whoops.
Hmmm...this is interesting!

I suppose you could do a different type of cardio each day for 20 min, then do different body parts each day for strength and finish with a restorative yoga or stretch?

I actually did something similar years ago -

I would do a Charlene Prickett Cardio from her It Figures Series (alternating step and low impact), then a Margaret Richard Unplugged, then a Classical Stretch.

A You Tube version may be to do one of Kayleigh's Spin classes, followed by one of her Strength Sessions, and the finish w/ a You Tube Yoga instructor?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 12:52 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

I would like Michelle Dozois to do more cardio strength workouts that are higher on the strength and lower on the (high-impact) cardio...that is, strength with a cardio effect.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 01:04 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I wish Ravi and Ana would make more kundalini dvds or streaming workouts. I've tried many different kundalini instructors and I always come back to their offerings - for me the intensity is just right, the production values are lovely, and there is just enough chatting and just enough silence, just enough challenge and just enough ease.
I agree!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 01:11 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Workout Hotel released just that type of set: https://smile.amazon.com/Define-Alig...4553591&sr=8-2

Production values are not the greatest, but the workouts are very good.

What book are you referring to that has some rotations?

Carol
The book I have is Six Weeks Bikini Countdown by Karon Karter. It combines cardio, Pilates and traditional weights. I no longer care about wearing a bikini, but I like the workouts. Each week is a little bit different and it gets harder as you progress. The photos are full color and beautifully presented, and Karon herself is the model. I like the fact that the rotation is 6 weeks long which is about my limit as far as rotations go. The book has been around for a while, but I think you can still get it on Amazon.
Old 10-20-21, 02:07 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I would love a 20-20-20 workout. 20 minutes cardio, 20 minutes strength and 20 minutes stretch/flexibility. This can come from Cathy, Kelly, Patrick Goudeau or Michelle Dozois.
Or even a 15-15-15 format!
Old 10-20-21, 02:08 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Patrick Goudeau recently posted a photo on Instagram that included himself, Rob Glick and Jay Blahnik. I commented that I missed the old G-Force workouts and that the three of them should do one. I doubt it will happen, but I will continue to hope.
Wow, I hope so too! I would miss Darren, but Jay would be a great substitute!

I wish KCM or Cathe or even Jessica would do more cardio kickbox/hi-lo + strength workouts. KCM tends to prefer more boxing-oriented workouts.

Last edited by acey; 10-20-21 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 07:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
The book I have is Six Weeks Bikini Countdown by Karon Karter. It combines cardio, Pilates and traditional weights. I no longer care about wearing a bikini, but I like the workouts. Each week is a little bit different and it gets harder as you progress. The photos are full color and beautifully presented, and Karon herself is the model. I like the fact that the rotation is 6 weeks long which is about my limit as far as rotations go. The book has been around for a while, but I think you can still get it on Amazon.
Thank you - I have that book! I had forgotten about it. I need to dig it out.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout wishes