Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-21, 10:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I am way past being menopausal, but I get really hot at night in bed. It causes me to wake up at several times every night. And to top things off, I'm cold during the day. Go figure!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 10:26 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I am way past being menopausal, but I get really hot at night in bed. It causes me to wake up at several times every night. And to top things off, I'm cold during the day. Go figure!

Carol
Very similar here. I can go to bed freezing, but I do not pile on the covers. I keep a fan running because I know it's going to heat up. I may even wake hot but when I get up and move around I'm cold again. Go figure is right, LOL.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 05:25 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:

Carol
Oh yes, I'm freezing all day and have almost no tolerance for cold. I have poor circulation and my poor fingers get swollen w/sores (chilblains) because I'm so darn cold. I have rechargeable hand warmers and an electric blanket around me all the time and I wear a cardigan all summer long. And then I get these crazy night sweats!

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 06:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Oh yes, I'm freezing all day and have almost no tolerance for cold. I have poor circulation and my poor fingers get swollen w/sores (chilblains) because I'm so darn cold. I have rechargeable hand warmers and an electric blanket around me all the time and I wear a cardigan all summer long. And then I get these crazy night sweats!

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better!

Erica
Oh the joys of being "a woman of a certain age", as PahlaB might describe it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 07:03 AM  
Demeris

Quote:

Carol
Yep. Me, too.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:11 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Funny you mention this because I just woke up the other night sweating more than I have in a couple of years (2-3 years postmenopausal). I do have trouble feeling too warm most nights and sometimes have to move to the other side of the bed to find a cool enough spot to go back to sleep, but haven't actually sweated like this in a while.

As I told my SIL a few months ago, I doubt I'll ever put flannel sheets back on my bed

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 12:47 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
... As I told my SIL a few months ago, I doubt I'll ever put flannel sheets back on my bed
I just wish I could settle into something predictable. In the summer I'm always too hot, in winter even though I have trouble getting warm I still have to be careful not to put too many blankets on the bed because I do get overheated when I sleep. Sigh.

Much as I want to move north to get away from the brutal summer heat here, I'm not sure I'd enjoy constantly feeling cold either.
Old 01-11-21, 12:49 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Just so you know you're not alone, I, too am way past menopause (67) but still get night sweats. Not as bad as when I was going through menopause--those were the drenching, have to dry off with a towel kind. Now I'll just wake up with sweat trickling down my chest or face. Not every night but a few times a month for sure.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 02:49 PM  
Nelly G

After I stop eating sugar I have no night sweats anymore which is great. If I do eat something with sugar I am punished with night sweats so I do not.

I do eat sometimes chocolate but with coconut sugar or self made cookies sweetened with banana or apple. And I sometimes eat cookies with coconut sugar.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 11:29 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
After I stop eating sugar I have no night sweats anymore which is great. If I do eat something with sugar I am punished with night sweats so I do not.
When I was having disruptive night sweats in perimenopause (which started about 10 years prior to my period stopping), I was told that having wine in the evening can affect it, and there seemed to be something to that in my case, though I wasn't able to establish a consistent pattern.

The attacks back then were pretty consistently below the waist, so I made a "hot flash blanket" by cutting a slit in a queen size microfleece blanket halfway across at about waist level so when a hot flash struck, I could flip back the duvet and the blanket and keep my upper body warm. As soon as the flash ended, I flipped it back and went back to sleep.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 01-12-21 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typos
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause, menopause sleep issues, night sweats, perimenopause, post-menopause