Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-06-21, 12:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Kate: I truly admire your dedication to your health, both physical and mental. I'm curious... Have you ever considered becoming a personal trainer or yoga instructor some day?
Yes, both. In fact, I had started Yoga Teacher Training with Bryan Kest but with all the doctor appointments and other "stuff", I am way way behind on that. Luckily got an extension so maybe??

Monday was Jari Love's Ripped & Jacked again. I really like that one and tried to go a tad heavier. I am still feeling it a little.
Yoga was from Eoin Finn's streaming site - Fearless Love Flow. So mellow, nice slow flow.

Tues was an older Body Attack 70. Fun stuff. I had a lot of energy and the impact was totally doable so I went for it. Ahhh legs.
Yoga was from Gaia. Troy Hadeed's Sixth Sense. He has the most delicious Hatha practices!! I love his Yoga.

Today was an older Cathe - High Step Circuit. This is supposed to be the easiest of the 3 High Step workouts. And it is, but I used more risers on my step and heavier weights. Also did not use bands when called for, I used my dumbells.
This is the first time I've ever done this and although it's great Cathe stuff, I do not care for the compound exercises.

Yoga pending. Just finishing some work.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 04:15 PM  
Malinda

Linda - I will have to try hanging from the pull-up bar - what a good idea! And thank you for the CS Youtube links.

Kim - I hope you are doing well and feeling better every day.

Jules - You are a Cathe machine! I hope your son tests negative!

Kate - I hope you can get back on your yoga training someday, but you have your hands awfully full right now. I hope Justin is still feeling well.

Thanks to everyone for asking about DH. He had his follow-up appointment yesterday with the oral surgeon and all looks great.

We have a wonderful local couple that has been our pet sitters for years. The wife is a crazy cat lady - which I could be if left to my own devices - and they have always taken such loving care of our babies. Unfortunately last Tuesday, they were shopping at Sam’s and she had a massive heart attack and passed away. I feel so terrible for her husband - he is just lost. We went to a memorial service for her last night. Her obituary was so sweet - among other things, it read “Susie loved her cats, and your cats, and everyone’s cats, and no-one’s cats.” She was a kind soul. She was four years younger than me. That’s two people that I know that are younger than me that have died in the span of a month.

Workouts:

Thurs - #MBFA Day 17 Upper Body Burn
Fri - #MBFA Day 18 Core Circuit
Sat - 21 Day Fix Cardio Fix
Sun - #MBFA Day 19 Full Body Burn
Mon - #MBFA Power Ignite
Tues - Masters Hammer & Chisel (MHC from here on in) - Chisel Endurance
Wed - Turbo Fire 45 EZ

I finished #MBFA, and, inspired by Kate, I am now going to try the 1-month “Chisel Only” rotation (Malinda style, with some cardio breaks) of MHC. Endurance was tough but doable; I figured my legs would be sore today but they aren’t, they are just tired. Turbo Fire was a perfect workout for today.
Old 10-07-21, 06:34 PM  
Jules

Malinda: It is incredibly sad to hear that your friend passed so quickly and unexpectedly. It's a good reminder that we have to make the most of every day. I enjoyed reading the cat comments in Susie's obituary. All of the cats in your area must be well-loved.

Good news! My son tested negative for Covid so we are in the clear for now. Yesterday I did Level Up: Flexibility and today I did Fit Tower Total Body + Core. I am heading out for a walk with the dog.

Waves to Kate, Kim and Linda!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Malinda gulp..I don't know your age but if it's close to mine then I don't wanna hear. I'm just concentrating on squeezing every bit of life out of my tube until I collapse! I'm sorry your neighbor passed away. She sounds like someone I would have liked

Jules that's good news on your son. You seem to be charging full steam ahead lately...good for you!

Kate I like how you bounce around with variety! How do you decide what you're doing next? Hugs for strength with the scary stuff

Kim I hope you're feeling well. Have I told you how I finally found those treats ? My kitty has never cooperated for brushing like she does with those treats. Kroger here finally started carrying them. Not even my pet stores had them.

So I have combined MH60 with EBE1. And now I'm doing kettlebells and adding EBE1. Today I went up a little in weights from the first time I did EBE1. Ended with a cooldown from MH60.

FRIyay is around the bend folks! Stay healthy!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 04:05 PM  
Jules

Hi FitChicks. I had a small setback this week. I did Cathe's Drill Max on Monday and followed it up with a walk outside. I was feeling great! On Tuesday I woke up and my left knee was very stiff and sore. I guess all the plyo moves in Drill Max were just too much. I did Ultimate Yogi: Detox on Tuesday and Flexibility & Beyond: Hips on Wednesday.

Today I did BodyPump 90. I was ready to skip the leg work if needed, but I made it thru ok. Hopefully my knee won't be worse tomorrow. Sometimes weight work seems to help it.

I plan to keep all my cardio low impact for now. It is so odd that my knee felt totally fine while I was doing Drill Max. I guess there is just a lot of inflammation in it now and I am not allowed to take ibuprofen per my gastro. I have an appointment with him on Monday for the follow-up to my colonoscopy and will ask if there is anything I can take besides Tylenol. I am also back to icing my knee again.

I hope you all are having a good week. We have snow on the mountains today but my wave petunias are still alive.
Old 10-18-21, 02:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh Malinda, SO sorry to hear about your friend. I know that they say to live each day to the fullest, but I still worry so about the future.
I did some of the Muscle Burns Fat workouts. They were good. I'd really like to try Autumn's 9 Week Control Freak. They look like wicked workouts.

Jules: YAY no covid!! Hoping your knee feels better. Drill Max is tough and Cathe likes to work you hard. Good recovery workouts/yoga.

Linda: I do love my variety! I'm Kate and I'm an Exercise Junkie! ;-)

Justin is doing very well. Last Wednesday he had lab work and an appointment with the chemo dr. He has previously had two Iron IV drips, please gets a Neulasta patch to help keep his blood boosted. It's working! His blood work was excellent, almost normal.
The best part is the Dr. said his cancer "juice" (yes that's what he called it) has dropped in half so far!!! He's not even halfway thru the initial treatment but everything is looking good so far. We are both quite relieved but the fight is far from over.

Backtracking a little to last week. NOTE: I caved and resubscribed to Cathe Live. Yeah like a I need a hole in the head. But it's only $10 a month.

Mon: 21DF Upper + 21DFX Upper. GREAT putting the two together and was a nice challenge.
Tues: 21DF Lower + 21DFX Lower. Holy!!! I had DOMS for 2 days from this! What a super combination and my legs and butt were cooked!
Wed: Nothing - lab/dr day.
Thurs: Cathe Live #326 Cardio Boxing Bootcamp 2. FUN!!!!!!!! Has the kickboxing, cardio, some upper body work and core. Now I want to do CBB #1.
Fri: Live #363 Boss Band & Loops Metabolic. FUN!!!!!! I pretty much stayed with the same weights and bands as Cathe but did go a wee bit heavier with the bands a couple of times. Was really good! I like these soft cloth bands...they don't hurt my hands or rub.

Today I did Live #360 Pumped Up Upper Body (45 min) and #234 Strong Express Upper (35 min). I felt really good and know I have to take Justin to his chemo on Wed (no workout) so I did an extra long workout today. LOVED THESE!
#360 - 4 rounds. Each round starts off with a little hint of cardio and then three upper body exercises and repeat them then a new round. The cardio was all on a step with 3 risers but Cathe uses just her topper and others use 1 or 2 risers.
#234 was faster pace but not too fast and more reps/lighter weights. Both worked my upper body really well and SO MUCH FUN!!!!

So I may flip flop between Cathe Live and 21 Day Fix/Extreme. I wasn't done with Autumn yet. LOL

Happy Monday!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 07:24 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! That's such wonderful news about Justin! I have been thinking about joining Cathe Live again too! I just wish my knee wasn't so wonky right now, but I do know how to modify.

So I am officially old today. I had my follow-up appointment for the colonoscopy and the doctor said my colon looked pretty healthy. I asked why I had several episodes of severe bleeding and he said it is hard to say when it isn't actually happening, but maybe it was diverticular bleeding due to infection. He wants me to do "fiber therapy". I told him I hate the taste of Metamucil so I am going to try Benefiber. Bought a huge tub of it at Costco plus glucosamine for my knee and the over 50 multivitamins. Having flashbacks to Geritol commercials!

As far as workouts go, it has been sad. I caught a cold from a bunch of coughing first graders. It is my 2nd cold of the school year. (It isn't Covid - I tested negative.) I haven't felt great so no exercise. I might try to ease back into it tomorrow with some yoga. We have a short school week with Thursday and Friday off - I'm looking forward to the long weekend.
Old 10-24-21, 09:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Monday was a 2 mile hike with daughter and kettlebell strength workout.
Tuesday focused on full body mobility
Wednesday was Kettlebell conditioning and core work along with TGU and snatch practice.
Thursday was mobility work
Friday was a full rest day
Saturday was a 7 mile hike with friends.So fun!
Sunday kettlebell strength

Kate your news on your son was fantastic!! Oh, and that was funny how you introduced yourself as an exercise junkie. I love how you doubled 21DF.

Jules you made me giggle. You know all that stuff you have to add isn't medication so that's good! I hope your knee is better so you can kick that cold

Hi to Melinda and Kim!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-25-21, 10:45 AM  
Jules

Hey Gals! My recent days off were not as enjoyable as I was hoping - my cold got so much worse. I had tons of congestion and was coughing nonstop, so I did not get much sleep. Thankfully, I feel like I turned the corner last night and finally slept well. I am taking today and tomorrow off from work. I had another rapid Covid test this morning and it was negative. There are so many viruses going around the school right now and I was exposed to several kids who tested positive last week. I am glad it is just a cold.

I am not good at sitting around, so I did a couple of weight workouts last week. On Friday I did Cathe Gym Style Chest & Triceps + Ultimate Yogi Vitality. On Saturday I did Gym Style Legs + the core work from Step, Jump & Pump. Today I plan to do Gym Style Back, Biceps & Shoulders.

My knee is slowly improving, but it is still too sore to jump into high impact. My plan for now is to concentrate on heavier weight splits and yoga and maybe do some low-impact cardio once or twice per week.

Linda: That hike sounds fantastic! Good for you. Reading about all your kettlebell work just reminded me that KB's are great for no-impact cardio. I have a 15 pound bell - might dust it off!

Waves to all!
Old 10-26-21, 09:24 AM  
fanofladyvols

Jules yes! Kettlebells are great cardio conditioning! So are towel battle rope exercises. Ever tried those?

Here's a couple that look simple but I swear will get your heart rate up https://youtu.be/hL8Fjwm-DPk

https://youtu.be/7MXkTGj_EmM

Hinging and/or being in the linebacker stance is important. You can work the towel from the widest corners and creating the wave by alternating and really snapping each corner. Nice substitute cardio interval for some move you hate for workouts. It also works your grip too