Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-23-20, 01:17 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today I walked with my walking group. Socialization! Yay!

I picked up some corn and green beans at the produce stand today and will work on freezing corn later. I also got some more green tomatoes but I will try an oven baked recipe this time!

Deb, Jack picks up sticks in the yard and we pay someone to mow ever since he went in the ditch with the lawnmower 3 years ago. I think I may have pointed out the spot the time you came to my house?

Chrys, hope the blister heals quickly? Where ya going next? Mode of travel?

Sissy, I'm putting off dentist appointments till next year since I'm not having issues.
Old 07-23-20, 01:30 PM  
Sissy B

Leslie - I was already kind of iffy on keeping that appointment and I did have some other things I needed to take care of at home, so I'm not really upset that it was canceled. It was just for a routine 6 month cleaning. I'll reschedule it at some point. I did go in January.

We have grilled green tomatoes before. I slice them up, spray with a little olive oil and then season as desired. DH likes Cajun seasoning. You can also just use salt and pepper. Cook on the grill or in grill pan on the stove. There's no breading, but they're still really good.

Chrys - Ouch! I hope your blister heals quickly.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 09:51 AM  
dbclark44

Thu 7/23 - 6840/2.8 miles

Got those miles yesterday running errands.

I'm back to getting regular monthly pedis so started my day with that. From there it was Sam's Club, then a stop by the At Home decor store, and finally stop at a bathroom/kitchen remodeling store in my town. They've been there forever and yesterday was the first time I stopped in. They didn't have masks on at all. Granted I was the only customer with the 2 staff that were there made 3 present. I kept my mask on though. Small towns have a distorted reality about the virus.

I'm considering replacing my master tub/shower with a walk-in shower only. It's a shame the only walk in is in the basement. If DH or I ever had surgery and couldn't do the stairs for a bit, that could be a problem. So long term thinking is on my agenda these days when it comes to home upgrades. I think I mentioned, our bedroom is in the basement. There's another full size bathroom on the main level also with a tub/shower combo. So replacing one still leaves one. I just replaced my front door/storm door this month. The door that originally came with the house was still there, very plain no nonsense Jane type door. I replaced it with a decorative door that has an oval shaped window to let in some natural light into the foyer which the previous door didn't do. And the storm door is an upgrade to one of those that slides down to a screen to let in fresh air. I also had to replace my garbage disposer last month, it sprung a leak. Trying to stay on top of the little things which can become big things if not taken care of.

Okay, I want to go do the 2nd half of upper body XTrain. Did bis and tris Tues. I want to do chest shoulders back today. Tack on couple of GYF workouts.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 01:51 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

No workout today---slept in till 10:30 and feel all out of whack! Tired of walking in the heat, so I'm taking today off. The tree cutters are here!

Deb, they have bathtub seats where you can sit on the seat outside of the tub and scoot in to the tub. Pair that with a showerhead with a flexible hose and a shower curtain and you wouldn't have to do a more expensive upgrade. Unless you want to of course! We did that route when dh fractured his hip after his lawn mower accident.

Leslie
Old 07-25-20, 05:02 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 7/23 - 4909 steps/2.08 miles
Friday, 7/24 - 3140 steps/1.33 miles

I'm back at the condo with DD. DH is here this weekend too. We came up in two vehicles so he could bring DD's desk and a chair in the back of the truck and because he'll drive back tomorrow since he has to work Monday. I'm planning to stay until August 4th, I have a hair appointment on the 5th.

We went swimming last night. This morning we went to the community market and a nearby farmer's market, DH and DD are in the kitchen canning right now. They've made some more Peach-Bourbon Jam. Next they're going to make some Mary Berry's Christmas Chutney and they're going to put up some peppers. DD got really ambitious with the produce she bought. We also went to Lowe's and got her another shelf to put in the kitchen to increase her pantry space.
Old 07-26-20, 03:37 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. We did dog walks today and yesterday. I spent yesterday gardening. I only have a few roses left to pull grass by - hooray! Today I need to finish a craft project and pack for Ohio. I leave tomorrow and I'm there for a week.
Sissy, all that canning is awesome!
Deb, my grandparents did that replacement with their upstairs tub and they loved it!
Leslie, I hope you are less grouchy today
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 09:11 AM  
dbclark44

Fri 7/24 - 7254/2.97 miles; Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders + Core 1; TM 46 min/2.13 miles
Sat 7/25 - 2428/.99 mile; GYF Knee Sessions 1&2; GYF Core #1
Sun 7/26 - 3262/1.33 miles

Hello Ladies. Hope all is well with everyone. Sissy, aren't you lucky to be able to change scenery to the condo. Believe me, I sure enjoyed my week to my son and DIL's. Just the change of scenery is refreshing.

Chrys, safe travels.

Leslie, thanks for the tip. I think I'm just wanting to do the upgrade keeping in mind, any improvements will make it that much easier to sell down the road. I don't see myself here in 5 years. I still want to move to a retirement community of some sort. Just haven't decided where yet.

Well ladies have a great Monday. I need to run out to the mall today to hit up Bath & Body Works for candles. We are running low. They take forever when you order on line.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 02:41 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I got out and walked at the nature trail. It's cooling off this week, yay!

Deb, I see us here in 5 years, maybe, but probably not in 10 years. Our 5 kids are scattered. 1 married and in Brooklyn. The youngest is probably getting married to his long time girlfriend. She graduates college this December. The middle 3 aren't dating seriously. So, who knows where they will all end up? Our plans are to move close to one of them who settles down and has a grandchild. However............I doubt we can afford NYC area housing if the oldest stays in the area. So we are playing it by ear and not putting much $$$ into the house other than maintenance. Whoever buys it will want to gut the 1964 kitchen and bedroom paneling, I'm sure. We're a healthy 61 and 70 but we might need a little help in 10 years.
Old 07-29-20, 10:13 AM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 7/25 - 6111 steps/2.59 miles
Sunday, 7/26 - 7119 steps/3.01 miles
Monday, 7/27 - 3423 steps/1.45 miles
Tuesday, 7/28 - 5075 steps/2.15 miles

Deb
- I have really been enjoying the change of scenery here at the condo. Plus, there's more to do and the grocery store is 5-10 minutes from here instead of a 30+ minute drive like at home. And I love being able to go out late in the afternoon and get in the pool.

DH went back home Sunday afternoon. DD made some Pear-Roasted Garlic Preserves that are fabulous! I chopped the vegetables so we could make the chutney (we ended up doing that on Tuesday) and then DD and I went to the pool late afternoon and once we got back she did a load of laundry before going to bed.

Monday DD & I were both exhausted so we ended up taking a nap. I also helped her do some more laundry. Yesterday I did some of my laundry. DD got her oil changed after work and then I went with her to talk to someone in Admissions & Scholarships. When I made the online payment Monday night we noticed that they had not credited one of her scholarships to her account and they had it listed as archived instead. We were able to get that straightened out. We were going to go to the pool last night after we finished making Mary Berry's Christmas Chutney and just put our feet in the pool since it was late, but it was raining. We watched another episode of Downton Abbey instead.
Old 07-29-20, 03:24 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sissy---do you think you will eat all those preserves? I still have some on the shelves from a few years ago.

Nothing today. Struggling with boredom and loneliness.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers