Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-20, 05:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I bet people are making masks (maybe for donating to hospitals and such?)
yes - I edited my reply around the same time that you posted.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 07:46 PM  
JeepGirl

I’m still working (which I am so grateful for) but am now working from home instead of the office. I’m getting to spend so much time with my dogs. They are 14 and 10 and my 14 year old is starting to get close to his time, so I am treasuring this. I am appreciating the relaxed pace and the kindness I’m seeing between strangers. My community has stepped up volunteer services to high risk groups and the elderly—I just signed up to volunteer for elder care—and it wonderful to see this. Our Governor here in Illinois is doing an outstanding job and I feel safer with his leadership. Despite the fear and anxiety I feel at times I also feel a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation. ❤️❤️
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 08:07 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Both my husband and I have been furloughed. No gyms and our yoga studio is closed so now we workout together every morning and a take at our neighborhood park after. We’re still about 15 years away from retirement so who knows when we’ll get to spend this much time together. There’s been years that we worked different shifts so I try to appreciate this time together now. We are both looking forward to returning to work when this is all over and there’s definitely been stress and uncertainty, but I’ve always felt like you have to find a bit of joy everyday.

I’ve been baking (too much) and this afternoon I pulled out my sewing machine and fabric stash and started making masks. I was lucky enough to find a few yards of elastic in one of my sewing boxes.

I’ve also been trying to stay as “unplugged” from the news as possible but I totally agree that many governors have really stepped up during this crisis. It makes me feel so proud.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 10:26 PM  
Leonana

I painted my dining room, which I had been planning to do for ages.

I'm able to spend more time with my 19 year old daughter, now that she can't hang out with her friends and boyfriend. That has been nice!

I'm cooking more, and we not getting take out as often.

I was able to walk outdoors yesterday, and there were quite a few people on the canal path. Everyone stayed a safe distance away from each other, but most smiled and said good morning as they passed by. It was nice.

The weather is really nice in the Phoenix area, the highs are in the 80's.

Our three cats seem happy we are home more now. Especially my gray tabby, he loves to be petted.
Old 04-03-20, 10:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Now that hubby is working from home I am managing to get up with only one alarm plus my sunrise lamp instead of like five alarms. I think Cyric likes having him home bc when hubby opens the office door to come out he pets Cyric for a minute. Cyric loves me but I think sometimes he gets tired of me!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 05:32 AM  
TracyQ

Thanks for the link Vantreesa. I plan on listening later today.

Since the pandemic started I’ve gotten very close to my two elderly aunts. They now depend on my sister and me for everything. We pick up prescriptions, food shop, bank and bring cooked meals for them. I visit with them almost daily (keeping 6-feet away of course). It makes my mother very happy to see her two daughters taking care of her younger sisters.

I was thrilled when I was able to loan my niece, who is a college hockey player, some of my heavy weights so she can keep up with her workouts at home. I even introduced her to the Fit Body by Julia channel on You Tube.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 11:15 AM  
desderata

I don’t know how many of you have seen this video, but this describes my puppy’s silver lining:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i97VF8XeBQ4

Other than that - I’ve been sick. I have many of the covid19 symptoms, but fortunately haven’t been sick enough to be tested. I just stay home and rest.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 11:57 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post

Since the pandemic started I’ve gotten very close to my two elderly aunts. They now depend on my sister and me for everything.
Although I don't think of myself as elderly (barely 63!), one of my nieces has adopted me during this crisis. I hear from her every few days as she makes sure I am well and have all I need and that my father (who, at 88, is definitely elderly) does as well. It's quite touching how solicitous she is.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 12:07 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I don’t know how many of you have seen this video, but this describes my puppy’s silver lining:

Other than that - I’ve been sick. I have many of the covid19 symptoms, but fortunately haven’t been sick enough to be tested. I just stay home and rest.
Oh no. I hope you feel better soon. Just think once you get past it you’ll have the antibodies and will be able to walk around like superwoman.

Old 04-04-20, 12:08 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post

This is so funny and I think any dog owner can totally relate. I had the best laugh I had in a very long time. Thanks for that.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19