Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-14, 09:09 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
Looks interesting, Calistro.

I'm not sure about the live on stage format though. Seemed a bit too 'whoop whoop' for me lol
No problem

I only mentioned it because it is non dancy. I like it though and I ignore the whoops.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 09:10 AM  
Calistro

Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 09:52 AM  
deineira

Sorry you have been having such a difficult year. I hope your troubles are behind you.
I second the recommendation for Kickbox burn. This is the best kickboxing video I've purchased in a long while. It is about an hour long as designed, but as someone mentioned, can be broken into segments (it's even programmable so you can decide what segments you want to do).

The Les Mils Combat set via beach body is also good; I would rate it an intermediate. These are designed to be relatively short. There's also a few HiiT workouts in the base set that are not kickboxing if I remember correctly. Here's the set that's not live, http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...bat-workout.do. Although I seem to remember the is one live workout in the set, the other ones are in a studio with a group of LM Combat instructors. This has excellent energy, but they do talk a LOT!

Hope that helps.
Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 10:46 AM  
Tugger31

Susan Chung's are good...

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Sear...ch=susan+chung
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 10:58 AM  
andtckrtoo

If you're looking for a more mixed format and a rotation, I would really recommend UFC Fit. It's more Mixed Martial Arts, and it's more total body, not just straight kickboxing. But it's a great program and it's tough.
Old 02-09-14, 10:59 AM  
MuscleGuy

Thanks, Eva. Having looked again at the Les Mills, I don't think it's what I'm looking for. It's a system whereas I'm looking for a kickboxing workout or two to put into a rotation with my weight workouts. (Maybe I should have said that in my original post)

I took a look at the Kickbox Burn clip and it looks really good.

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-14, 11:02 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

If you are looking for a system, Beachbody's Combat might fill the bill.

For nondancy kickboxing I like the new Patrick, that was already suggested.

I love Ilaria's PowerStrike 6 ( I wasn't crazy about 5 but like 4) & Susan Chung's Rapid Fire workouts.

I also really like Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge and Mary has it for $9.99.
Thanks for the recommendations, Isebelle. Looks like every likes the new Patrick!

Old 02-09-14, 11:03 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Yes, they do look good. I'm adding Rapidfire 4 to the list along with Kickbox Burn.

Old 02-09-14, 11:07 AM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
If you're looking for a more mixed format and a rotation, I would really recommend UFC Fit. It's more Mixed Martial Arts, and it's more total body, not just straight kickboxing. But it's a great program and it's tough.
Thanks, Christine. I should have said I'm not looking for a rotation. I've got some toning/strength vids lined up from my collection and I want a kickboxing workout to do on other days.

Old 02-09-14, 11:12 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Kickbox Burn is great - the Patrick/Heather one - and if you do just the cardio portion it's under 50 minutes, maybe 47 or something, the abs push it to 60 minutes. Its the first kickboxing workout Ive REALLY loved in a long time too.

PS - I havent done #4, but of the first 3 Chung workouts I like #2 the best. Its the toughest, IMO.

Tags
kickboxing