Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-13, 10:33 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssa438 View Post
After reading all of your endorsements and successes on this thread, I did 2 of the JNL workouts this week- yowza! I am amazed at how much I feel like I am part of a class with these workouts, and it this has helped to keep me going when I wanted to stop. Some of the banter is silly and a bit over the top, but I really enjoyed it!
I was able to complete both workouts, although I did have to pause the dvd a couple of times. I noticed in both workouts the toughest part mentally with wanting to quit was 10 minutes into the workout.
That's awesome that you made it through both! I think one of the hardest things about these workouts is that there aren't a lot of breaks. I need to grab water pretty often when I'm doing them since I sweat so much!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 10:34 AM  
LeanneM

Oops! Double post!
Old 06-15-13, 02:59 PM  
ssa438
VF Supporter

Awww Thanks LeanneM!

Funny it never occurred to me that there were no breaks, duh! I don't feel so bad now about my breaks!

By the end of Lower body fusion I figured out that it worked best for me to take it easy in the 2nd cardio section, or to just work hard for 5 seconds at a time during the cardio portion.

I get so much more muscle soreness with this type of workout- does this happen to others as well? I don't get as sore when I lift heavy ( heavy for me is still pretty light).

It's great to read how everyone is using this differently. I don't think I could do a full rotation because of the intensity of these workouts at this point in time.
ssa438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 03:52 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssa438 View Post
Funny it never occurred to me that there were no breaks, duh! I don't feel so bad now about my breaks!

By the end of Lower body fusion I figured out that it worked best for me to take it easy in the 2nd cardio section, or to just work hard for 5 seconds at a time during the cardio portion.

I get so much more muscle soreness with this type of workout- does this happen to others as well? I don't get as sore when I lift heavy ( heavy for me is still pretty light).

It's great to read how everyone is using this differently. I don't think I could do a full rotation because of the intensity of these workouts at this point in time.
I know -- we're working so hard that it's hard to think straight! In a few of the workouts, she does seem to take longer breaks, but not in the weight ones.

That's a great idea to just take it easier during the second cardio portion or to do five seconds at a time.

I actually haven't been too sore, but my legs have been really "heavy"-feeling. I've been doing a Tracy Anderson Glutecentric workout before each JNL workout, though, which could be part of it.

Yes, it's so great how versatile this set is and that everyone is using it in her own way!
Old 06-17-13, 08:22 AM  
andtckrtoo

How long did shipping take for most of you, and where was it shipped from (if you noticed)?

I was looking on the Body FX site and I quote (from their website):

Shipping
Unless otherwise noted, BODY FX will use its best efforts to ship products within four weeks of the receipt of a properly completed order. However, any delivery or shipment date provided by BODY FX to you is BODY FX’s good-faith estimate. You understand that product availability may be limited and particular products may not be available for immediate delivery. BODY FX shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, or expense related to any delay in shipment or delivery. BODY FX cannot ship to P.O. boxes.

FOUR WEEKS?!!? WTH? I wanted to order from Amazon, but they are no longer carrying them.
Old 06-17-13, 08:38 AM  
Rose Ohio

Mine came in a week from California to Ohio. Pretty fast. Just did Shoulder Shredder! Quite a workout!
Old 06-17-13, 08:43 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
How long did shipping take for most of you, and where was it shipped from (if you noticed)?

I was looking on the Body FX site and I quote (from their website):

Shipping
Unless otherwise noted, BODY FX will use its best efforts to ship products within four weeks of the receipt of a properly completed order. However, any delivery or shipment date provided by BODY FX to you is BODY FX’s good-faith estimate. You understand that product availability may be limited and particular products may not be available for immediate delivery. BODY FX shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, or expense related to any delay in shipment or delivery. BODY FX cannot ship to P.O. boxes.

FOUR WEEKS?!!? WTH? I wanted to order from Amazon, but they are no longer carrying them.
I received mine in about or less than a week.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 09:45 AM  
LeanneM

I only live a few hours south of Los Angeles, but it took about five days to arrive after I got a shipping notice. In total, I think I got it about eight or nine days after I ordered it.
Old 06-17-13, 02:24 PM  
andtckrtoo

Thanks everyone. I'm just astounded in this day and age that any company would have a 4 week policy for shipping. I can understand things being out of stock, but wow! Hope it gets here quickly. I want to start! Which is why I wanted to order from Amazon.... (Impatience is my middle name).
Old 06-17-13, 04:01 PM  
marymacbaby

It took 1 week and I live in Florida. Never got a shipping email.

Did shoulder shredder today. LOved it. Great workout. it's shoulders and tris. love the 30 sec format. great cardio workout too. happy i ordered the cordless jumpropes (not from JNL, lifeline amazon) gonna try those tommorow. I like that it is traditional weightlifting with high impact cardio, that also works the whole body.
marymacbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cordless jump rope, jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, jump roping