Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-13, 05:52 PM  
Bearybuff

T Tapp For Menopot?

I've been doing a lot of Jillian lately and I've really increased my ab strength. The planks, hollow mans, etc. aren't whittling my waist, though. I measure the same. I look 3 months pregnant and I'm not happy.

I've heard that T tapp finally did it for some. Any comments? If so, what dvds?
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 07:02 PM  
F1mom

I've been doing nothing but the few videos on YouTube and attempting the Primary Back Stretch from the book daily nearly 2 weeks and I've lost nearly 3 inches off my waist and not quite an inch off my hips. Eating has been normal which for me isn't clean but isn't super dirty either.

Sounds like an informercial, doesn't it?
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 08:10 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Teresa Tapp developed Menopause Management for this issue. It is a good workout to start with as it has some of the latest form tips.

I have done T-Tapp in the past, and have had some amazing results in a short amount of time. However, T-Tapp is NOT easy and is very form sensitive. I have had to stop doing T-Tapp for a while.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 08:16 PM  
rosepetals

When I started, I made a DVD of clips off of youtube. I did it for a few weeks until I was convinced that it was going to be effective for me.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 09:28 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post

I have done T-Tapp in the past, and have had some amazing results in a short amount of time. However, T-Tapp is NOT easy and is very form sensitive. I have had to stop doing T-Tapp for a while.
Me too. If you don't mind sharing, why did you have to stop?

I started adding some T-tapp in again a few weeks ago, because I did once have good results from it. However this time, it hurt my lower back and also makes my hips feel tight. It did make my stomach look flatter temporarily, but I've been doing a lot of reading about pelvic tucks and I can't find anyone other than Teresa who thinks this very strong posterior pelvic tuck is a good idea. PTs seem to think it is not so good for the low back and the pelvic floor. I haven't figured out how to do it yet with a more neutral spine and still have it feel like a real workout, though maybe there's a way.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-13, 10:00 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Me too. If you don't mind sharing, why did you have to stop?

I started adding some T-tapp in again a few weeks ago, because I did once have good results from it. However this time, it hurt my lower back and also makes my hips feel tight. It did make my stomach look flatter temporarily, but I've been doing a lot of reading about pelvic tucks and I can't find anyone other than Teresa who thinks this very strong posterior pelvic tuck is a good idea. PTs seem to think it is not so good for the low back and the pelvic floor. I haven't figured out how to do it yet with a more neutral spine and still have it feel like a real workout, though maybe there's a way.
I've been following Katy Bowman's blog (Aligned and Well), and I agree about the pelvic tucks and I'm thinking keeping the knees bent and pushed out would be killer on the knee joint.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 07:47 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I've been following Katy Bowman's blog (Aligned and Well), and I agree about the pelvic tucks and I'm thinking keeping the knees bent and pushed out would be killer on the knee joint.
The bent knees, KLT rehab my wonky knee. If I don't do t-tapp for a week, my knees let me know it's time to go back to it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 08:54 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

My PT does not like pelvic tucks as well. So my modification is to just squeeze the butt cheeks when T says "tuck tuck tuck".

I love T's Tempo Torso and it has helped me have a pulled in stomach. I'm in menopause.

Last night, while I was doing Total Body XT & 8 Pack Abs, there was an ab segment where I subbed T's half frogs.
Other times, I'll sub in OIP.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 09:19 AM  
lorajc

would someone kindly link the free youtube workouts? i can't find them on youtube. I'm not very resourceful, i guess.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:22 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
My PT does not like pelvic tucks as well. So my modification is to just squeeze the butt cheeks when T says "tuck tuck tuck".

Hi mizach,

So with just a squeeze there, do the workouts still feel as aerobic to you? With everything tightened up, my heart rate gets to about 70% max, but when I didn't tuck, it felt like something major was missing and it wasn't as hard.

I need to play around with the BWO trying different things, because I am convinced that her tuck is not a good idea for me.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause, menopot, t-tapp, t-tapp pain, t-tapp results