Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-16-21, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna CS is something I think I need regardless... wonderfully balancing for me. As far as Pahla workouts, I'm sorry to read you think that may be the culprit...or at least she must incorporate movements that exacerbate some imbalance you have. I hope you do get to the bottom of it soon. I loved those Sandry flat abs workouts!

Dana I do CS at 6AM but I don't know how you do any really vigorous exercise at 6AM.

Pam It's amazing how many things impact pain. I hope you're able to gradually add back what you love to do.

Carol band work is deceptively difficult. In many ways, I think it requires more concentration from me. Oh and congrats on seeing improvement in pilates!

Yesterday was not a hike after all but a nice 3 mile walk outdoors after kettlebell strength and CS #419 Anti aging (very stretchy). Beautiful weather here. I'm not sure if I'll be able to squeeze a hike in because my daughter is home for fall break.

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 11:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I do CS at 6AM but I don't know how you do any really vigorous exercise at 6AM.
Linda, I'm usually awake by 4:30am because that's when Oliver decides he needs hugs and kisses and his breakfast! Every morning like clockwork. His strategy is to plop down on me on whichever of my body part is most accessible to him. Nowadays, he weighs 16.5 lbs and is very, very persistent. Not to mention HEAVY! For the next half hour I try to push him off me but he doesn't give up. Usually after half an hour I give up (because how can you push away cheerful and purring cat?) and I get up. By 6am I feel like I've been up for hours and I'm ready to go. I haven't always been a morning person but over the years I've become one and I feel my best in the mornings.
Old 10-16-21, 07:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - Day 12 - Lower & Upper Body Routine - 30 minutes;

Ballet Based Movement - 30 Day Ballet Experience - Day 3 - 20 minutes
This was a nice standing and chair stretch - primarily focused on lower body, as you would expect.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Ellen’s Power & Balance - I loved this one, high rep/low weight, similar feel to a Jessica Smith style workout.
~Essentrics TV: Lauren’s Live full body toning
~MELT: Hip Pain Relief Map

Working out a 6 am? I am so not a morning person, lol, more of a night owl. I think it comes from working a lot of evening and night shifts in my career. Definitely need my coffee and a little down time to read and check my email in the morning. I rarely work out before 9 am, and frequently work out in the afternoon.

Linda - I see you’re doing CS season 4. That’s an oldie, haven’t done it in a long time.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 06:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Senior Shape - Cardio Barre - 25 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Primary Pilates Flow - 25 minutes

Both of these workouts were new to me. Lauren's Cardio Barre workout got my heartrate up a little bit, but not too bad. It was all standing work.

Beth's Primary Pilates Flow was still at a beginner level, but it was a little more challenging than some of the workouts in her newest beginner series. I liked it.

Lots left to do before bedtime.

Carol
Old 10-17-21, 09:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was Trifecta mini ball pilates (Thanks Carol!) ; Flow with Mira pre-pilates breathing #2.

Today was a 5 mile hike. Gorgeous weather and never even sweated. Trees were delicately turning colors all along the trail.

Dana your alarm clock sounds like the best one a person could have But I'm with Pam, I like a later, slower start to the day

Pam yes, I'm slowly working my way through this set and I love it. Other than the dated music, it's all good. Miranda's chattiness is pretty focused on what we're doing and on form cues. (So far, my least favorite season is #10 but I haven't purchased them all or in order nor done them chronologically.)

Peaceful Sunday wishes to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 05:46 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Linda, your hike sounds heavenly!

Carol
Old 10-18-21, 07:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I forgot to check in yesterday - it wasn't an overly exciting day, LOL!

Sunday:

CS 1215
Dog Walk
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 2

Monday:

Ellen's Barre Conditioning
Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine & Sciatica Routine - there was some overlap in these, but not too much and both were good routines for me today!

Hope to get out to walk today...

Happy Monday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 07:44 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

FO60 Upper Body Tone Up - 30min
FO60 Beginner Gold Interval Walk - 30min

Both are off GHUTV Fit Over 60 calendar. I'm loosely following this program. I'm skipping chair routines for now. I think they can probably be done standing instead of sitting so I'll probably try these at some point in the future.

Waves to all!
Old 10-18-21, 06:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Kaleigh Cohen - Fit for You Fifteen Series: 15 Minute Total Upper Body Workout;

Senior Shape - Gentle Exercises for Back Pain Relief - 16 minutes

Kaleigh Cohen's Upper Body weight workout was a good one - 3 rounds (back & biceps, chest & triceps, and shoulders) of 5 exercises each, worked for 45 seconds or failure, whichever comes first. No warmup or cooldown/stretch, but an action filled upper body weight work of basic moves. Since you set your own pace, there wasn't a problem of the instructor moving too fast. I will be doing more of her 15 and 20 minute strength workouts. And I will be sore tomorrow.

I had intended to do Day 4 of the Ballet program, but I have a meeting at 7:30 and needed to get dinner cooked and eaten before then.

Lauren's back pain relief workout was nice - some strengthening and some stretching.

Carol