Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-21, 06:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quick update. We had to say goodbye to sweet Tank today. The meds didn't help, he hadn't eaten for 8 days, had lost another pound since Monday, and was starting to hide. Poor guy was gone within minutes of the sedative they give in advance. We are just devastated but we knew then that we made the right decision. We now have only one inside guy left after losing 4 in the last 2 years.

FN1, I'll scan and email you the Moo Shu recipe. It's WAY too much to type out.

Tearful waves to all.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 06:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Quick update. We had to say goodbye to sweet Tank today. The meds didn't help, he hadn't eaten for 8 days, had lost another pound since Monday, and was starting to hide. Poor guy was gone within minutes of the sedative they give in advance. We are just devastated but we knew then that we made the right decision. We now have only one inside guy left after losing 4 in the last 2 years.

FN1, I'll scan and email you the Moo Shu recipe. It's WAY too much to type out.

Tearful waves to all.
Oh FN2, I just teared up reading this and am so sorry for your devastating loss. Yes, you did the right thing but that never, ever makes it any easier. Rest in peace, sweet Tank, you will be missed. Please don't worry about the recipe or anything else right now. Just take care of yourself.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh cataddict, I'm so sorry about little Tank. I know your heart is aching. Sending hugs your way.

kittybug, sorry to hear about Lux -- it is very sad how some pets have to be at the vet these days.

Chele! Ten minutes!! Big cowbells to you!! That's a new level of baby step. I agree with Kim about you scooting on the steps..... you are so determined!!!

I saw the metabolic loop clip from Cathe live -- it looked great!!

I was going to do yoga this morning -- started and about five minutes in our power went out. By the time we got it called in and set up generators and etc., it was time for me to pop into the shower for HairMax. I did a lot of walking today -- that's the best I can say.

Tomorrow I was supposed to hike but something came up for hubby and we don't want the dogs alone for that long first thing in the morning. Definitely have to hike early if there's any hiking to be done because when I got in my car at around noon today, it said it was 109! That was exaggerated, but it was low 90's. Think I may do a quick yoga in the morning and then more DeclutterMax. I get so much more done when I'm at home alone (which rarely happens).

xox
Old 09-23-21, 09:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Chele, I completely forgot the college stuff...... congratulations to your daughter on having six applications done! That is no minor feat. My boys are doing alright -- older one doing great academically and doesn't really care about social life, so that's all pretty good. The younger one seems to be doing ok academically but is really lonely and homesick at this point. He made a bunch of friends the first week but they are all on sports teams, so now they're super busy. He is going to be a "manager" for the basketball team, so that'll start mid-October (I gather that means he helps run the clocks during the games -- I was picturing Nate from Ted Lasso but not sure that's quite it ). And they've asked him to join club hockey, so that'll help. As far as the cost..... the small liberal arts schools are expensive but they do hand out a lot of merit aid. My younger son is going to a small private school (so all the perks that come with that -- though there are downsides to being small, too, obviously) for about the same amount of money as a UC would have cost us. The older kid is at a different small liberal arts school and unfortunately since he is a transfer student he was not offered any aid, so that's a painful check to write. The state schools in California do not seem to give out any merit aid at all, as far as I'm aware (sports scholarships, I'm sure, but not scholastic aid). I'll keep my fingers crossed for your daughter!
Old 09-23-21, 11:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Quick update. We had to say goodbye to sweet Tank today. The meds didn't help, he hadn't eaten for 8 days, had lost another pound since Monday, and was starting to hide. Poor guy was gone within minutes of the sedative they give in advance. We are just devastated but we knew then that we made the right decision. We now have only one inside guy left after losing 4 in the last 2 years. ....

Tearful waves to all.
I'm so sorry Cataddict
It's all too soon, I know. Sending Tank sad goodbye waves and you extra warm hugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Just a public service announcement...there are no apologies necessary for posting about difficult times. We're here to support each other through challenges and nobody is bringing anybody down, okay? I'm guilty of the same sentiment, not wanting to be a downer , but I'm realizing how much we help each other stay sane, so, just sayin'. I love you all!!!
Now that's a Watulan love whisper right there. You nailed it kittybug

Baby Watulan you didn't ask, but I am ringing the bell for you for completing your yearly goal so early!! Congratulations!! Good to see you post, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
One of the founders of a startup I worked for a long, long time ago used to always say "tough times never last..... tough people do."
bee I NEED this person's name ..I want to give credit as I quote this!

lavna crystal bells for you two for each leg, haha. And Four crystal bells when you can safely remove the boot! I'm so happy for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I was able to get on my bike yesterday for 10 minutes with resistance between 1-4. It’s quite a project getting to the bike since it’s in the basement. Scooting up and down the stairs on my butt. Then getting on and off is also quite difficult since I can’t really put weight on my foot. Too much pain right now, which is so frustrating but the doctor and therapist think it’s probably a tendinitis from non-use and no strength in my ankle area. Lucky for my husband. I just have to celebrate the very small victories.
This is SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!

You FREAKING butt scooted to it!!??

Look here Wonder Watulan...just because you can't SEE me ringing the holy heck out of my bell don't think I'm not driving my kitty crazy BECAUSE WE GADANKING like it's 1999!!

Now that my ears are ringing, let me just say.. Each time you can, please share! If it sucks, say so. The time frame SUCKS, it's NOT fair and it PISSES me off that is what you have to go through to get mobility. I don't understand why this happened to you. I know any one of us would agree LOUDLY.

But every day you fight just getting up and fighting through the pain, PLEASE listen because we..are.. CHEERING!!

I believe you are a living breathing Wonder Watulan Woman, ChelePA.

Kim you walking is also good. Thanks for the update. Your posts make me smile, too. ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Watulan high fives to Kate and horusosiris !

I did Cathe's PHA Mish mosh premix upper #2. Evidently this is the premix where we on our way to put out a fire but first had to see how fast you can cycle through three sets of an exercise?
I liked the exercises and it was easy to do in a pyramid style which is what I prefer for upper body. Followed it up with BOHO yoga. I have completed all 10 days and overall enjoyed it. Gotta love a beach background, right?

Is it Friday yet?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 12:48 AM  
ChelePA

This is SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!!

You FREAKING butt scooted to it!!??

Look here Wonder Watulan...just because you can't SEE me ringing the holy heck out of my bell don't think I'm not driving my kitty crazy BECAUSE WE GADANKING like it's 1999!!

Now that my ears are ringing, let me just say.. Each time you can, please share! If it sucks, say so. The time frame SUCKS, it's NOT fair and it PISSES me off that is what you have to go through to get mobility. I don't understand why this happened to you. I know any one of us would agree LOUDLY.

But every day you fight just getting up and fighting through the pain, PLEASE listen because we..are.. CHEERING!!

I believe you are a living breathing Wonder Watulan Woman, ChelePA.

FOLV. Thank you for this post. It really meant so much to me. I am usually a very positive person. And I know how lucky and blessed I am to be alive. I also realize how awesome the news was that my leg healed properly. So many things could have gone wrong since it was shattered into pieces. And having said all that, it’s still so difficult to realize how long the process will be before I come close to my previous level of functioning. If I can even get to that. It’s also overwhelming at times to know the pain, numbness, swelling and stiffness could also take that long to heal. It really interferes with my sleep. Thank you for validating the other side of the recovery process.. I can’t tell you how many people say it’s only a year or two. That will flyby. Oh you were in shape before. It won’t take very long. Etc. etc. I know they are being positive and I truly appreciate it. But at times I just want somebody say boy that really sucks. Ha ha. I also put the mental and emotional healing on the back burner since the physical recovery was so difficult. Sometimes when I’m in the car it all comes back to me. Another thing that I need to take day by day and work on. My family has had some wonderful heart to hearts since you just never know what each day will bring. Thank you again for all your love and support. You probably got more than you wanted on this response Ha ha. I’m back up in the middle of the night and your post was exactly what I needed.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 12:52 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict. I feel the sadness in your post. I’m so sorry. Sending so much love and hugs.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 10:05 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

OMG FOLV I freaking love your post so much!! I hereby am gonna refer to ChelePA as Wonder Watulan Woman from now on because YESSSSSS. WWW. That's her new name!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 11:33 AM  
Mickey12

Cataddict I'm so sorry about Tank. My heart breaks for you and your husband. You definitely did the right thing though. I'm just so sorry.

Linda your post was so uplifting and loving. Thank you so much for being YOU!! I'm glad it helped ChelePA too.

Last night I did my PT exercises and stretches and I did a 23 minute upper body Jane Fonda workout. I was extremely careful about it and felt good afterwards. My husband wasn't too thrilled with me though because he doesn't want me to re-injure myself. I'm making progress and I'm so happy about that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 09-24-21, 02:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

cataddict - I'm so sorry about sweet Tank. Even the right decision can hurt so much. (((hugs)))

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in