Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-20, 08:05 AM  
Tugger31

Question Rebounder questions

Due to an injury I have to eliminate high impact cardio from my exercise routine. I have been doing Jessica's walking workouts and while I enjoy them,
I just don't break a sweat with them. I can't raise my hands/arms above my head to increase the intensity which is part of the problem as well. I have been considering getting a rebounder, but not sure if it will just sit in my workout room and collect dust. I have soooo many dvds that I'd like to be able to do with modifications but not sure if they can be done on the rebounder more b/c of lack of space. I also fear falling off the darn thing! I know there are some rebounder workouts out there on dvd but not sure if they're any good. I am not interested in anything streaming and I don't have a smart TV. Any thoughts?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 08:27 AM  
IceQueen07

I use mine (not as much as I should) in place of high impact cardio, even when doing dvds. I just modify moves to fit the rebounder. Does help keeping my knees safer.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 11:36 AM  
Exercise Diva

I love my rebounder and have never regretted the purchase.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 11:44 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I love my rebounder and have never regretted the purchase.
Same here. I use it on its own, do rebounder streaming, and have also used it for high impact portions of my dvds. It’s a great tool to have and even though I bought a really expensive one, not once have I regretted my purchase. My only regret is that we don’t have more room in our living room so I could move it to our main floor (we have a small house).
Old 01-15-20, 12:31 PM  
Lannette

I use mine usually without a DVD. I will share with you that it’s not totally impact free - I have a Bellicon. I’ll also share when I was first healing from my neck injury jumping on my rebounder bothered my neck but especially my shoulder and arm. It no longer does now that I’m pretty much ch fully healed.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 01:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I love my 44’ Bellicon, got a great deal on a very gently used one a few years ago. I had an Urban Rebounder many years ago and it was very noisy and had a much harder bounce, after that I had a small JumpSport. I had a Bellicon streaming subscription for a year and it was good with lots of variety. I recently tried the JumpSport streaming site but found the variety of workouts limited & all were quite fast paced with higher impact than I like. I’ve never gotten into rebounding dvds for the same reason. I’ve done Leslie’s walking workouts and they do adapt fairly easily. I enjoy freestyle bouncing while I watch Netflix or Acorn TV. I will echo what Lannette said, it’s not impact free. Right now I’m not using it as I’m getting PT for a low back issue and I’m supposed to avoid impact exercise other than walking.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 05:10 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I use mine usually without a DVD. I will share with you that it’s not totally impact free - I have a Bellicon. I’ll also share when I was first healing from my neck injury jumping on my rebounder bothered my neck but especially my shoulder and arm. It no longer does now that I’m pretty much ch fully healed.
Good point. My husband has issues with his neck and jumping on the rebounder hurts his neck, so he can’t use it. Depending on your injury, you might try to find a store or person in your and that has one that you can try to see if it works for you.
Old 01-15-20, 06:27 PM  
Tugger31

Thanks for your responses, they were really helpful! Based on the responses and my injury, it sounds like a rebounder would not be a good idea for me.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 08:59 AM  
donnadc

I just wanted to chime in also even though you've already gotten your answer- I have degenerative discs in my neck and stenosis and my physical therapist said to not use a rebounder. Every time you bounce, you're jamming your spinal column. I was told to stick with cycling and walking. No running or jumping. Not sure if your spine is your issue, but just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Good luck!
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 09:08 AM  
TinaT

The is FREE on YouTube. Great routines and music. Love her personality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...wlT4dWH9WYWuSQ
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounder, rebounding