Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-19, 09:37 PM  
bfit

More challenging chair workouts?

I don't need chair work because of an injury or a limitation so I don't need the Chair Dancing workouts or anything like that, but lately I've been finding the few chair workouts I have sort of fun for some reason. It's interesting to see what you can do with a chair. I have Natalie Jill's chair workout, Tamilee Webb's chair abs from her Defy Gravity workout, and a Jessica Smith workout (Interval Mix) that uses a chair for planks and such. Are there others that you know of?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 09:54 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

The 10 minute Chair routine on the T-Tapp More DVD gave me the best legs I ever had (it definitely targets the inner thighs on me). It is a good total body workout that keeps me mentally engaged, but I wouldn't exactly use the word "fun" to describe it.

To save money, there is a 20 minute Chair routine available by streaming (More Level 3: Chair), which people have said is similar, but a little more challenging.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 07:19 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post

To save money, there is a 20 minute Chair routine available by streaming (More Level 3: Chair), which people have said is similar, but a little more challenging.
MORE Chair 3 is an amazing full body workout. It runs 18 minutes, and Teresa stretches and works almost every muscle in your body.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 07:32 AM  
Buzzer

It's been a long time since I did this one, but Chicometrics. I remember it being a surprisingly difficult chair workout! I got it because people on VF were comparing it to Callanetics, and it really is like Callanetics. so if you aren't into that, it's probably not for you.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 07:59 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Margaret Richards has "Getting Better" and there's a half hour seated chair workout with dumbells. It's been a long time since I did that one.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 10:20 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
MORE Chair 3 is an amazing full body workout. It runs 18 minutes, and Teresa stretches and works almost every muscle in your body.
I've heard it is similar to the 10 minute version on the More dvd, but with more reps and a faster pace. Is that accurate?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 10:34 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

If you're not opposed to YouTube, Pahla Bowers has several chair workouts of various intensity. Here's the playlist from the site, or you can go to her main YT page and type "seated" into the channel search.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 03:36 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I've heard it is similar to the 10 minute version on the More dvd, but with more reps and a faster pace. Is that accurate?
Similar, but she does a number of other moves. The arm/lat workout is more extensive. She does some forward flexion with the back (not enough to call it a sitting cat/cow). She works the ankles. It does go at a faster pace, it's still suitable for anyone.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 03:44 PM  
ardnas

Richard Simmons' Sit Tight
Old 04-18-19, 08:30 AM  
ardnas

Zumba Sentao

Tags
chair dancing, chair workouts