Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-09, 05:46 PM  
juberann

bfit~ I think I asked the same thing of VFers when I was SO tempted when the WAVE was first released. I never bought it,I never will and here's why (sorry,it's for many of the same reasons already stated) it's VERY expensive,that was the biggest turn-off for me, we will never,ever see anymore workouts using the thing and the workouts that do come with it are very short, it's simply a gimmick/gadget and we all know gadgets usually don't get much use.
Of course,the final decision is yours but,for me,I simply decided I had much better things to spend my money on other then something that,quite simply, looks dangerous to me. They move so fast on that thing,I can see myself getting hurt. Plus,bottom line, I knew it was something that after the thrill wore off I simply would never use. Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 06:08 PM  
BunnyHop

If you're in the mood to spend money, get some kettlebells. A much better fitness investment, and if you decide you dislike them, they're actually useful as doorstops.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 02:47 PM  
BeckyG
VF Supporter

I wish I had checked videofitness before I ordered mine. I am now returning it. The workouts are only 30 minutes (or shorter) and I just didn't feel like it gave me a good workout -- and I could do similar moves on my Bosu.

The workouts seem to be targeted towards beginners.
BeckyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 03:41 PM  
hpotter

The only reason I bought WAVE is because I don't have a step, so I use the wave as a step to add some intensity in Leslie's and other workouts(not the real step workouts, which I don't have any).
I also like that I can use the 'rock' side of the wave to do some weight moves.
But honestly, it's been sitting at the corner for quite a while.....
hpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 04:43 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
Wow, that's the most concise summation of Firm gadgets I've ever seen.
LOL! I'm with Joni O. Bought it last fall and haven't even used it yet.
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 04:50 PM  
firmgrrrl

Let's put it this way: If you think your body is already Bangin' then get it, it will entertain you at least.

Now, if you want to CHANGE your body, I'm telling you by looking at that thing, it's not challenging enough to truly change your body. The befores and afters on the infomercial all changed their bodies with prior systems and probably a lot of some of the older Firms.

Just my $.02

CLX Graduate: April 2009
firmgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 05:40 PM  
Firm Hottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop
If you're in the mood to spend money, get some kettlebells. A much better fitness investment, and if you decide you dislike them, they're actually useful as doorstops.
ITA agree with BunnyHop. Kettlebells are the bomb, and they're fun too!

I've got everything from the BSS1 to the Transfirmer series, so I have the original blue and purple box, the infamous 2nd editon deathbox (that one was actually pretty good), as well as the Transfirmer. Guess what all three are currently being used for? Shelves for my weights and kettlebells!
Old 03-13-09, 09:02 AM  
KELLYKINS

Is there no one on the firm boards that read this forum or others like it. We died hard at home fitness junkies are willing to spend money on a quality product ( I really liked the transfirmer step thing) and as I don't have a step it works great me(as I can use other dvd's with a little modifing --I don't think it's as long as a really step) but I was very disappointed when they didn't make new workouts for the transfirmer step. As fun as the wave looks ( I know call me crazy) I'm waiting to see if I'm still interested in the fall when Mary at Total Fitness will carry the product and she also sell used/returns so maybe you could get it a little cheaper that way and with the 10 off code and her great customer service I think that's the way to go
KELLYKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 02:19 PM  
dnna

I just bought it a last week, have done 4 of the workouts and I love love love it. Ok, honeymoon phase but I was so burnt out and bored with everything. I love the challenge of the wave, and it is hard for me ( I had trouble with the stability ball at first, took me a while to get comfortable.)
I am sweating from the get set and go mark, and I feel it in my core and legs.
so, It is expensive, but it was one of those last ditch save me purchases, probably a lot of vf have had those. Also, I crashed and burned with CLX, hurting myself the first week and getting very discouraged. felt like a failure!
I feel like I am justifying myself, and believe me, I really wrestled with the expense. but I am very happy. having fun! looking forward to working out, trying it with some leslie walks.
donna
I will never buy anything with EXTREME in the title, or if some teeny little woman or beefy man is shouting the word EXtreme.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 02:49 PM  
pattys53

dnna, I was so glad to see your post, because I just ordered the wave yesterday and then I see this thread. I was getting a little worried about the purchase.
pattys53 is offline   Reply With Quote