Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-22, 12:48 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Just sent you an email through here as well with my email address. It seems like it went through. I've been getting error messages when trying to edit my post, so it's not just you.
Old 08-14-22, 02:55 PM  
bubbles76

I keep thinking I should reacquire Peakfit. It was frenetic at first but maybe it was just that one workout.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 04:40 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I sent you a PM - hope it goes through!

I have this set - I just never seem to remember that I have it! I've never really given it much of a shot. Sometimes when I'm trying to choose a workout/program, I'll watch clips on Mary's site of workouts that I already own to see what I might be in the mood for. Michelle Dozois' workouts always seem so frenetic in the clips that I'm always convinced that I just won't be able to keep up and I choose other things. But knowing that there are lower intensity periods in this set might make me actually give it a real shot I know the format of the set is based upon working up from low to high intensity and then back down, but something about watching Michelle on the screen always makes the intensity seem high!
Upon watching a clip, I thought the workouts were more frenetic than they are. Michele has this bouncy energy, and she has a dancer flair to her movements. She is so fit. I got stronger and better each week as I did the workouts. I modified as my energy dictated as well. Michele said that the ladies were using anywhere from 8 to 15 #’s but this was after going through the 8 week program a few times. I think these workouts would work using anywhere from 5 to 10 #’s, too, depending on what you want to get out of the workouts. Some days I did all the high impact cardio and other days, I modified to lower impact and still got a great workout.

I enjoyed the workouts so much even though it is my low energy season. They got me through a slump. I’m looking forward to doing another rotation this fall/winter when I’m in my peak training season.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 04:41 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha-kitty View Post
Sending you a PM. I have a set with unused band that I am not using and likely never will (post-menopausal need to scale back intensity and shoulder injury this past year).
Hi, I responded to your PM.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 05:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Are you looking just for cardio? Cardio & Weights?

From the top of my head:

- Zumba Global Burst
- Zumba Latin Burst
- Zumba Super Cardio Dance Party
- Strong by Zumba DVD (Athletic cardio, no dance)
- Petra Kolber's Bootcamp Boogie
- Urban Rebounding Interval Bound
- The Cardio workout from Edge Booty Extreme 2 system
- Tabata Workout System
- Result Fitness 10 Days to a better body (similar to JNL)
- Laura Tarbell's Plyo-Pilates
- Men's Health Riptensity
- Katami 4x4 System
- Cathe's Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp.

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
My favorite interval workout is Intense Moves. Gin Miller and the background exercisers show three levels of intensity.
I have this! I need to give a try, it looks fun and intense!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 06:34 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

It's not a video workout, but when I was out walking, I used to quickly run in place while waiting for the stoplight to change. When it changed, I would run across the street, and then commence walking. I never timed anything, but I got a few intervals in that way.
Old 08-14-22, 07:01 PM  
kristiep

My personal faves for interval workouts are Katami 4x4 and KCM’s Plateau Buster.

I would also recommend Michelle Dozois and her Peakfit workouts. I did not like the set when I first tried it through the now-defunct Kineticflix service. The pace was too fast, and I was impatient at learning the routines. Then I decided to give them another try when Mary had a sale, and the price was really good. They take some getting used to, and I still modify a lot because her pace is so fast. But once you are familiar with the moves, they are so much fun and tough. I have her One-on-One set which are shorter versions of the original Peakfit set. Those are good, too.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 07:16 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

oldies but goodies:

Step workouts:
Gin Miller: Intense Moves as someone had mentioned
Kathy Smith: Fat Burning Breakthrough
Karen Voight: Energy Sprint

Floor aerobics:
Kathy Smith: Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning - such a simple floor workout but so effective
National Aerobic Champions Interval Challenge: another floor workout that is quite good. this was released only on vhs and made the VF Hall of Fame of yore. includes pre-fame instructors Michelle (Nevidomsky) Dozois and Giselle Roque de Escobar

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 09:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Kathy Smith: Peak Fat Burning
Bzar, did you mean Fat Burning Breakthrough Step Workout? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1qger6Ej_bY

I have all the one you just mentioned, except for the National Aerobic Champion Interval Challenge, I got them not too long ago, and I need to put them to use! They all look fun!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:09 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Bzar, did you mean Fat Burning Breakthrough Step Workout? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1qger6Ej_bY

I have all the one you just mentioned, except for the National Aerobic Champion Interval Challenge, I got them not too long ago, and I need to put them to use! They all look fun!
you're right about FBB. i'll correct my post - my bad!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interval training, interval workouts