Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 04-28-22, 12:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean sneakers...

I watched several YouTube videos about doing this.

I tried it and wasn't impressed. The pad just breaks up and makes a mess. It didn't get the sneakers looking like "new." I have some Kiwi polish that can do that.

Has anyone tried this and found it to work?

What do you use to clean your white or light colored sneakers? (I have been known to toss them in the wash, but it isn't great for the shoes.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 12:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Bumpety Bump!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-06-22, 04:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I'm following this without any suggestions -- sorry! I am surprised people have had luck with the magic erasers -- my experience with them is that they don't last too long, as you mention.
Old 05-09-22, 09:50 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Magic Erasers are supposed to fall apart as you use them because they're made of some kind of abrasive thingy (scientific term) that does the scrubbing, kind of like sandpaper. I think if you use them diligently from the beginning they work better than waiting til the shoes show dirt and stains but they will also scrape up the material which will collect even more grime.

No good answers on this end. I bought some Allbirds just a few weeks ago to wear at a trade show and tossed them into the washing machine like they recommend, but even that didn't get rid of all the mild stains on the sides of the sole. The uppers are dark grey so don't show dirt.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 10:15 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Magic Erasers are supposed to fall apart as you use them because they're made of some kind of abrasive thingy (scientific term) that does the scrubbing, kind of like sandpaper. I think if you use them diligently from the beginning they work better than waiting til the shoes show dirt and stains but they will also scrape up the material which will collect even more grime.

No good answers on this end. I bought some Allbirds just a few weeks ago to wear at a trade show and tossed them into the washing machine like they recommend, but even that didn't get rid of all the mild stains on the sides of the sole. The uppers are dark grey so don't show dirt.
Interesting! Thanks!

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
cleaning shoes, shoes, workout shoes