Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-03, 05:11 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

It's a funny thing about those classic FIRMs

I did them exclusively for so long that when I discovered other workouts, I thought I would never do them again. But now when I pull them out, they're not as challenging they once were (a result of increased cardio training) and I find them quite comforting in a way. Would I loan them to someone to try as a way to get them to exercise at home? No way but I won't get rid of them either. Now I'm starting to like the FitPrime workouts because they give me that same feeling. It's hard to explain.

Donna K
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 03:02 PM  
SassyGirl
VF Supporter

There really is something magical about those old Firms that is missing in most of today's workout videos. They really had the feeling of a fully produced movie or something - the way the music was tailored and timed exactly to the exercises (and the music had a dramatic quality to it)....the visual appeal of the set and costuming where everything complimented each other. I never do the REALLY old Firms because they feel so dated and I really don't like the fast pace of a lot of the exercises, but I do like the post-classic, pre-Goodtimes Firms like Tough Tape and Maximum Body Shaping which to me, do not feel dated just yet and offer really solid workouts.

Although I always liked the overall presentation of the old Firms and liked the way they tailored the music to match the exercises, I never cared for the actual music itself which always seemed very cheesy to me. I much prefer FitPrime's music over any music on workout videos right now.

SassyGirl
Old 09-01-03, 01:33 PM  
metalbarbie

Beth,

I must mourn with you. I wish the Classic era would continue. People call them outdated and cheesy but hey....I love unconventional things! (Still love my heavy metal too!)
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 08:25 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Beth, I agree with you completely. I was/am also fascinated with the Classic Firms, and wish they'd put them out on DVD. Now my hopes are dashed!

Also, I am waiting for FitPrime to get with the program and release on DVD. My VCR is not really working and we won't be replacing it and I'm sure we're not the only ones who don't want to buy more VHS. FitPrime, are you listening??
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm history, mark henriksen