Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-10-20, 10:48 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I have both new ones, and even though I've been sidelined for the better part of a year and only doing low impact stuff, I preordered these last year and forgot that I did! I've been emailing with Tracie over the past year, and she's been so graciously giving me workout tips and general encouragement. She's had a really tough year personally, too.

She gave me some modifications to try for some of the higher impact moves in these, and also what to sub out for the planks, etc. So I've actually been able to do a lot of these workouts, and I really didn't think I'd be able to do them at all. The mobility strength portions are really good, especially for someone like me who had to be sedentary for the better part of the year.

I have been doing these combined with Ellen's streaming workouts and CS/Ess workouts nearly every day. I've also been walking a lot now that I have regained some mobility. I highly recommend these new Tracie workouts, even if your mobility is low or don't feel you can do them. They are very modifiable for any level.
Old 03-10-20, 11:10 AM  
bubbles76

Lori I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to do the workouts
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-10-20, 11:16 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Lori I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to do the workouts
Awww, thanks! That really makes my day! So nice to hear from you
Old 03-10-20, 06:12 PM  
ncl

Good to know. I will try soon.
Old 03-11-20, 01:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lori I'm glad to hear she gave you some pointers to modify!
Do you mind sharing some of the pointers that helped you the most?

I LOVE Sig series #1 . It's fun and tough in parts but all good. There are places I will need to work up to. For instance, the pushup sequence I can only manage 3 in the time she does four.

I did modify some of the moves to suit me for low impact. I loved the triangle move because it made me think, too.

I can see that I could go light in weights to lower the intensity instead of using heavier weights. I can use heavier weights for me because the pace with the compound moves is measured. There are more strength moves that require using your balance from her latest workouts it seems like to me.

I also used the mini bosu pods I have for my knees with a few of the floor strength moves. This also helped me aim my knee and stay in alignment for the moves.

She finishes with a great stretch too. I am glad my workout area is carpeted. I think I would need puzzle mats if I didn't have carpet.

Super happy I have this in my collection and can't wait to do #2.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-11-20, 02:46 PM  
Lori_Michigan

She said to just sub in squats or easy lunges for the burpees and also use yoga blocks for any moves on the floor that I had trouble with. I also lowered the weights considerably. I also used a chair for push ups and instead of the kneeling moves. Hope that helps!
Old 03-11-20, 04:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
She said to just sub in squats or easy lunges for the burpees and also use yoga blocks for any moves on the floor that I had trouble with. I also lowered the weights considerably. I also used a chair for push ups and instead of the kneeling moves. Hope that helps!
Thanks, Lori!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-11-20, 05:59 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lori I'm glad to hear she gave you some pointers to modify!
Do you mind sharing some of the pointers that helped you the most?

I LOVE Sig series #1 . It's fun and tough in parts but all good. There are places I will need to work up to. For instance, the pushup sequence I can only manage 3 in the time she does four...................

I also used the mini bosu pods I have for my knees with a few of the floor strength moves. This also helped me aim my knee and stay in alignment for the moves.

She finishes with a great stretch too. I am glad my workout area is carpeted. I think I would need puzzle mats if I didn't have carpet.

Super happy I have this in my collection and can't wait to do #2.
I use my flexi-roll mat and love that I have the padding and don't have to worry about falling off an edge. I purchased 2 mats (5'x10' each or total 10 square feet) on sale many years back and they have been one of my most used pieces of equipment These dvds would definitely be harder on a regular yoga mat.
Old 03-14-20, 12:37 PM  
anetta

Would this be worth it to buy the one with the mobility just for that purpose?

I have her Fitness for seniors which I use periodically and I haven't clicked with her other newer dvds such as Core 3 & 4. Are these are to purchase as streaming?

Thanks
Anita

Last edited by anetta; 03-14-20 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-14-20, 01:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Would this be worth it to buy the one with the mobility just for that purpose?

I have her Fitness for seniors which I use periodically and I haven't clicked with her other newer dvds such as Core 3 & 4. Are these are to purchase as streaming?

Thanks
Anita
Anita, I'm not sure if it would be worth it to you but if it helps in your decision making I can share that #1 mobility is about 14 min and #2 is about 11 min of mobility. #2 uses a light dumbbell during the mobility section.
I'm sorry I can't compare it to the seniors workout but I do have core movements 3/4. I'll go back and look at my notes of it this evening and edit my post to see how these compare if I can tell.

Also, I haven't seen these available as a download

Tags
signature series, tracie long