Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-21, 02:30 PM  
Dena
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ice Box of Pennsylvania
Yoga top for cooler temps

Now that the temps are getting cooler, I am in need of a top to wear during my daily yoga practice that will keep me warm. The top must be long sleeve to keep my arms warm and tight fitting so I'm not constantly pulling it down or adjusting it. It does not have to be a full length top; crop top is acceptable as long as it falls right below the rib cage (rather than right below breast).

I'd also like to stay in the $25 or under price range. Any recommendations?
__________________
Being able to say what you want is something most people support............until you say what others don't want to hear.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 09:01 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter
 
sheepla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: OK
I'm posting to follow. I was looking on amazon this weekend for almost the exact same thing, though I did want more of a full length/tunic type. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
__________________
Shelia
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 10:35 AM  
Dena
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ice Box of Pennsylvania
I would prefer a full length top as well, sheepla, but figured I'd keep that option open since my torso seems to tolerate cooler temps more than my skinny arms.

This is one option I found on Etsyd but I'm not sure if it would creep up while flowing through asanas:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8935840...a-gym?ref=cart

I'd like suggestions from VF'ers who have actually worn a particular top during exercise and can recommend it.
__________________
Being able to say what you want is something most people support............until you say what others don't want to hear.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 11:18 AM  
Mickey12
VF Supporter
 
Mickey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NE Pennsylvania
The first thing I thought of is one of those shirts surfers wear for protection. I don't know what they're called, but they have long sleeves and are form fitting. I'm not sure what the fabric is though, so they might not translate well to a yoga workout.
__________________
Kim
Mickey12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 03:32 PM  
Dena
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ice Box of Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
The first thing I thought of is one of those shirts surfers wear for protection. I don't know what they're called, but they have long sleeves and are form fitting. I'm not sure what the fabric is though, so they might not translate well to a yoga workout.
Good idea, but I think the fabric is nylon or something similar that is a bit 'slippery'. I'll check it out though just to make sure...
__________________
Being able to say what you want is something most people support............until you say what others don't want to hear.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 05:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter
 
monterey vidiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Monterey County, California
I've never had one of those aquatic shirts, but I think they are called "rash guard."

Just did a search for "cold weather active yoga top". There are some at Dick's sporting goods, Calia by Carrie Underwood, and at Kohl's, a Nike yoga top. A lot pricier than what you were looking for, though.
Or, ebay (my favorite thrift store) has some long sleeve slim fit Gaiam yoga tops.
__________________
"It takes work to change the shape of this muscle." Susan Harris in The Firm Vol. 1, talking about the triceps, in 1986
Still working on my triceps after all these years.
~Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter
 
Pat58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Connecticut
I know one thing I'm going over to Amazon to buy is leg warmers. It's nice to pull them over your feet during restorative poses and savasana.

I'll be hunting for the shirt, but one of the qualities I'll be looking for is cardigan style with a zip front since I'll be wearing something under it and I don't want to static up my hair by pulling it over my head.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 01:12 PM  
Dena
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ice Box of Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Just did a search for "cold weather active yoga top". There are some at Dick's sporting goods, Calia by Carrie Underwood, and at Kohl's, a Nike yoga top. A lot pricier than what you were looking for, though.
Or, ebay (my favorite thrift store) has some long sleeve slim fit Gaiam yoga tops.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

I would like to stay around $25 but if finding a top that fits my needs isn't available for that price, I would be willing to go a bit higher, just not too high (>$40 would really hurt my budget right now ).
__________________
Being able to say what you want is something most people support............until you say what others don't want to hear.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:18 PM  
Venus
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Now that the temps are getting cooler, I am in need of a top to wear during my daily yoga practice that will keep me warm. The top must be long sleeve to keep my arms warm and tight fitting so I'm not constantly pulling it down or adjusting it. It does not have to be a full length top; crop top is acceptable as long as it falls right below the rib cage (rather than right below breast).

I'd also like to stay in the $25 or under price range. Any recommendations?
Could you just wear a thermal top? It would keep you warm with long sleeves and a close fit.

I haven't tried these, but here are a couple examples from Target:

Women's Active Thermal Crewneck Top

Women's Waffle Thermal Scoop Neck Top
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 07:34 AM  
Dena
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ice Box of Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Could you just wear a thermal top? It would keep you warm with long sleeves and a close fit.

I haven't tried these, but here are a couple examples from Target:

Women's Active Thermal Crewneck Top
The thermal crewneck is a definite possibility. Thanks!
__________________
Being able to say what you want is something most people support............until you say what others don't want to hear.
Dena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
yoga clothes, yoga clothing, yoga tops

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness