Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-21, 04:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Anyone doing #MBF and using indoor jump rope?

Do these indoor jump ropes DO anything? My toybox had a pair from the extra JNL kit, which I didn't use. Now I'm doing Muscle Burns Fat, streaming on beachbody and they are used in every workout. Beachbody sells them of course but I'm using my JNl's.

Have you used indoor (cordless) jump ropes? Did they do anything for you?

Last edited by monterey vidiot; 04-10-21 at 10:31 AM. Reason: seeking info
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm able to use a regular jump rope in my house (vaulted ceilings), but lately, i've just been jumping as if i had a jump rope, sometimes using 2# dumbbells in my hands.

it does do something - the scale moved downward and has stayed there for >week now!

i jump barefoot on 3 puzzle mats stacked together on top of padded carpet. i do 12 sets of 100 jumps, interspersed with brisk walking. 1200 jumps or turns is equal to about 5 min, assuming you're doing 2 turns/second.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 05:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Well, here's the thing: I don't jump b/c of knee arthritis. I do Leslie-type steps, hamstring curls, knee-ups. Sure, jumping would be great, and I'm glad it's doing nice things for you. But does moving the little fake jump rope do anything? is what I want to know. Does it tone arms?
Old 04-10-21, 05:45 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Well, here's the thing: I don't jump b/c of knee arthritis. I do Leslie-type steps, hamstring curls, knee-ups. Sure, jumping would be great, and I'm glad it's doing nice things for you. But does moving the little fake jump rope do anything? is what I want to know. Does it tone arms?
I don't think so.

I had great success getting rid of my "bingo wings" wearing weighted gloves (that I *think* I got from you) while doing QF cardio kick upper body twice through once a week.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
cynthia, sorry i misunderstood your question.

i'm almost positive you can use light dumbbells to tone your arms in practically any cardio workout. i would go with 2# or less to prevent injury to your joints.

some brands of ropeless jump rope handles count the # of turns, but that's it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks jeannine but I still hope to hear from someone doing this program or another one that uses the indoor jump ropes.
Old 04-10-21, 05:39 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Thanks jeannine but I still hope to hear from someone doing this program or another one that uses the indoor jump ropes.
Me?

I did JNL and the fake jump rope was just a stand in.

Did nothing as far as I could tell.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 04:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks, kitten. I got ahold of my beach body coach and while trying to keep to the official line, she all but admitted it's worthless. Glad I didn't go for the beachbody gear $$. As it is, my JNL fake rope is leaving.

I really like the weight lifting of the Muscle Burns Fat program but am through with the jumping up and down (modified) business.

Tags
cordless jump rope, jumpsnap