Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-26-21, 08:33 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies-May the Presents Be Many & Your Troubles Be Few. Merry Christmas 12/26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 08:56 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I hope you had a good Christmas. You're probably typing your reply as I type mine.

We had a quiet day. Neither of us felt very good yesterday - not horrible, just not very good - but it was still a nice day of hanging out and talking to family on the phone. I found out on Christmas Eve via the doctor's portal that the test for my UTI came back positive, so I started on the antibiotic. I think the infection took some out of me yesterday. I think I'm feeling better today.

Today, we will virtually attend a church service in Ohio. One of our nieces let us know that she'll be baptized this morning and asked if we could watch. I also want to cook white clam sauce to go with leftover spaghetti from Christmas Eve. And I have a grocery store pick-up, a small one that will set us up to cook for DH's birthday on Tuesday. That's the schedule for this morning - not sure what I'll do this afternoon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Laura, thanks again for providing the titles - definitely makes starting a thread so much easier!

Adelija is volunteering to help at a Vikings game today and needs to be there at 9 am - she's still getting ready downstairs. Luckily the trains are a one-stop trip for her if she gets her butt down to the station in the next 15 minutes! Christmas was pretty quiet here - we opened presents in the morning - I gave her a Target gift card and she gave me a fruitcake and a warm wrap that I can wear like a poncho inside the house - good because our temps are pretty cool inside. The rest of the day was pretty quiet - she didn't join me in walking Gus. I'll be walking him today and putzing around the house - snow is expected this evening - several inches! I did watch the church service on FB yesterday - luckily it was still viewable! I felt properly Christmased after that .

Paula, Sounds like you had a nice peaceful Christmas . I'd love to put away the Christmas ornaments and get my house back to normal, but I'll wait another week till after New Year's. At least that's possible with a fake tree. on your not seeing the complete It's a Wonderful Life! Frankly, I'm surprised how much background time they took in building George Bailey's life - the death and angel all happened in the last half hour! Those are the parts of the movie I remember the most over the years. A friend of mine posted a lime jello recipe from the past called a 7-up cheese aspic - yeah, jello made with 7-up, containing onion, cheese, celery and olives - yum! Yeah, the past was soooooo tasty!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-26-21, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 20 Cardio/Toning followed by Tamilee Webb Floor Stretch.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Hope Adelija got herself to the train on time and you didn't have to drive her. It was a nice day so we went flying to look at the snow on the mountains - I never get tired of snow on the mountain tops. When we got home I got the ornaments and lights from the tree put away. Still have decorations up on the mantle in dining table, I'll leave those up until after New Years.

Laura, sorry the UTI test came back positive. Hope you feel better soon. I hope you were able to watch your niece be baptized. I'm a little early, but "Happy Birthday" to your DH. Hope he likes what you'll be making for him. Must be a bit of a bummer to have a birthday so close to Christmas, sort of anitclimatic after all the Christmas celebration.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 09:15 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Well I went ahead and put away the indoor Christmas decorations yesterday. Adelija went home from the stadium with a friend from her organization and slept there, so this morning I'll have to shovel out and go get her. I kind of enjoyed having a night by myself in the house, but it did feel a bit weird . Today, planning on shoveling, taking Gus for a walk, getting Adelija, and putzing around. Spades game this evening.

Laura, I didn't see your post till this morning - yes, we were typing at the same time . I like the churches having video so you can see your niece get baptized - not worth a driving trip to see that! (and I like seeing our church's service in my PJs ). Happy birthday to DH tomorrow! It's good that you got your answer to the UTI and have the drugs already despite the holidays.

Paula, I still have the Christmas card bowl out as some more might still come in the mail - not many so far this year. I've started some narcissus bulbs upstairs and downstairs (different types) to add some color and scent to the coming month - my upstairs ones (white with yellow centers) should bloom next week - downstairs (just white, but lots of scent) is a bit slower. I've got two orchids getting ready to bloom also. I like blooming plants as they give me hope for spring . I know several people that have birthdays on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day - it is hard for them to celebrate. I try to send them a separate birthday card instead of just tagging "and happy birthday" to their Christmas card . Glad you got nice visual of the mountain snow while flying - I doubt many cars could get through that - I saw 6' of fresh snow being recorded on the ground up there!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-27-21, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a long Yin Yoga practice with Kassandra plus a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, you've been busy if you've taken down all your inside decorations in one day. I tend to put them up over a couple days and take them down the same way. It feels like a lot less work that way. I tape the Christmas cards we receive to a door by the entry way, they are still up. I know some people with December birthdays too. I always try to send them a separate birthday card. I can see how having an evening to yourself would be both fun and weird - it was the same when DH had to be gone overnight for work. It was rare so I never got used to it. Yeah the absolute best way to view snow in the mountains is by plane.
Old 12-28-21, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and getting through a snow storm today - another round of shoveling coming up today or tomorrow. Adelija is volunteering at the Flying pig store down the street and then getting together with a friend - I assume taking the bus to a mall. I'm counting days till school starts again! Yesterday, I forgot about the Spades game or Yahtzee game - totally blanked out on it even though I was on my computer .

Paula, I don't have many Christmas decorations, so only three trips down the stairs to put them away. My ornament collection is down about a box now after my tree fell about 6 times since Thanksgiving - smashed to pieces that are in the trash. We'll be getting some really cold below zero weather (in F, not C! ) so trying to figure out how best to walk Gus quickly. Likely it will just be around the block. We had a local fire about a block away on Christmas day and lost a 50 year old man - it'll be weird to walk past there.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-28-21, 08:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I flaked out yesterday. I got caught up in getting ready for DH's birthday meal today. We went to Mom and Dad's today and cooked calf livers and some veggies for his meal - something he has been craving for a while. He seemed to have a good day and enjoyed his celebration.

We have one more celebration in the near future - New Year's Day. We have already agreed we will pick up the food from a restaurant and keep it simple.

Both of you have a good evening/day. I'll catch up with shout outs tomorrow.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-21, 09:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 Strength followed by a Tamilee Stretch dvd.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and I wasn't able to get many of the items on my list. The stores seem to have big gaps with nothing but bare shelves. DH went to meet a friend for lunch. While he was gone I tried to get the items we weren't able to get yesterday. I had to go to four stores but I finally got everything. These aren't big items - just whole wheat flour, purse size kleenex packs, mundane stuff like that. Are you having similar problems where you are?

Anita, When does Adelija return to school? We can count the days with you. May I ask why your tree keeps falling over and breaking your decorations. I would feel walking by a place where you know someone died would be creepy. Keep warm, I hope you don't have to do much shoveling.

Laura, glad your DH had a good birthday celebration. I picked up some sparkling wine today for New Years. I suspect we'll drink some wine, watched the ball drop in New York and go to bed - that's what New Years Eve has become now. Years ago we used to go out for New Years but we haven't done that for long time, we're early to bed types now.
Old 12-29-21, 09:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I've had a late start to my day from sleeping in after Adelija was gone longer than she should have last night... That's the bad side of being a "parent". Today, I'll be walking Gus, taking Adelija to a grocery store and taking Adelija and a Ukrainian friend to a Russian store. This will be a cold day! brrrr!

Laura, I don't think I've ever craved or eaten calf livers - how do you prep them? I'm glad DH enjoyed them for his birthday! I'm not sure what to expect for New Year's Eve - Adelija may have a sleepover here. I wish they would celebrate the time of their Eastern European homes instead of midnight here.

Paula, I've noticed big gaps in Target's shelves, but not at Cub Foods. Seems like I'm picking up groceries from at least 3 stores a week nowadays. Adelija returns to school on Monday, January 3rd - I'm counting down the days till then! My tree fell once while decorating and trying to fit an ornament hook on one side by grabbing the branch, it also fell many times when they tried plugging in the lights and brushed up the branches to reach the plug, some individual ornaments went flying with an excited Gus tail also. The pot the Christmas tree is in is small compared to the size of the tree. I put away the tree Monday. Yeah, I drove past the fire site yesterday - doubt anyone is living there now because of water and smoke damage. I don't know how many people lived there but the house appears to have had about four groups living in it. It was a huge three story old house. The fire and death happened up in the attic unit.

Waves to all!

Anita