Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-19, 10:06 AM  
laurajhawk

What's your go-to for inner thighs?

I'm enjoying my LIIFT4/Gilad/yoga rotation, but my inner thighs are looking kinda' flabby and I realize I'm not working them very much. Do you have a go-to workout that's great for that area? It would be nice to find a short specific add-on, but I'll take any suggestions you have!

(I have LOTS of DVDs - I'll look through them myself, maybe Exhale Core Fusion has something? - but I can also do streaming, and have a Beachbody On Demand subscription.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 10:15 AM  
prettyinpink

Not workout, but exercises: weighted plies, weighted sumo squats and deadlifts, ball squeezes on back with legs elevated.
And the best and hardest I have found, is adductor planks, which is a side plank with one leg elevated on a bench, raising/holding the other leg to meet it.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 10:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Ohh what a great suggestion. Thanks pretty in pink...found both of these examples

side plank hold

side plank leg raises

Are these good examples?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 10:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I can't think of a specific dvd, but I would say definitely Core Fusion maybe particularly Thighs & Glutes. I did the Thigh segment from Lean & Toned the other day and it definitely hit the inner thigh well.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 10:46 AM  
violingal3

I was thinking the same thing about my inner thighs the other day and I pulled out Firm It Up. Sure, it's an hour long commitment, but I forgot what a great workout that one is!

I also like the floorwork segment with the band from Andrea Orbecks's Supermodel workout - that would be a great, short add on. Winsor Buns And Thighs is good, too. A long time ago I just jotted down the exercises and reps from both of those on a piece of paper so I could just do them while watching tv or listening to music.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:11 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Not workout, but exercises: weighted plies
I second the plies.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:21 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Pilates magic circle.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Pilates magic circle.
karen voight's pilates ring workout called Total Body Pilates:
https://www.amazon.com/Karen-Voight-.../dp/B0000639GS

also, callanetics with Callan Pinckney:
the one with the chair - sitting on the floor, you squeeze the legs of a chair. if you're tougher, elevate the legs and squeeze the chair.

she has 2 other moves also - seated hip circles and seated hip scoops. omg.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:34 AM  
mtngoat

When I was regularly doing kettlebells, my inner thighs leaned right out, even though no exercises were done specifically for inner thighs. I had other unexpected results - my flexibility improved more than with any yoga or stretching program.

(Note to self: take your own advice. Do kettlebells.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 11:53 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Not workout, but exercises: weighted plies, weighted sumo squats and deadlifts, ball squeezes on back with legs elevated.
And the best and hardest I have found, is adductor planks, which is a side plank with one leg elevated on a bench, raising/holding the other leg to meet it.
Oooh, I've never done that last one but I love side planks. Will definitely try it. Thanks!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inner thighs, thigh slimming, thigh toning, thighs