Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-21, 04:15 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! I've stepped up the running and am feeling it. I'm doing 3 runs per week, averaging about 13 miles total. Which isn't much, but the one trail run a week has been killer! There's something about going over 4 miles that gets me whether on road or trail. Last weekend I did 5.5 trail miles alone and it was awful. All uphill on the way out, too many mountain bikers hogging the trail, and I was so whiny in my head. Yesterday I was with two other ladies and did 6.25 miles and it felt so much better!

I'm still doing the Define and Align workouts, fitting in rowing, Bodycombat, or spin when I can. I'm so glad D&A workouts are 30 minutes because I can ALWAYS fit that in.

This is potentially a rough week. DH is going to visit his parents Thurs morning to Sat night. I'm taking DD to the Gold Over America show Wed night. I'm so irritated with her I kind of don't want to, but the tickets were expensive!

DD has been dishonest left and right, about silly stuff. She tells us she's "doing homework" but is actually sitting here watching random YouTubes. And DS argues about absolutely everything. It's exhausting and I have this feeling like the dishonesty could lead to worse things. I'm wearing myself out.

Anyway, the kids are on fall break next week and of course we're going up north, so hopefully if I make it through this week, I'll be all good after that!

Oh, and my brother is back in ATL. A friend of my dad's called my brother and said he was concerned, that my dad seems weak and confused, so he's out there. Supposedly just helping him sell his car, but honestly I wish he could get my dad to move! Not going to happen.

How is everyone??

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 06:23 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Hi Friends,

Sorry I have been MIA. I'm very overextended this fall and I'm struggling to keep all the plates spinning!

Pratima, sorry to hear about the trials with your dad and the kids! I do feel like we're moving into a whole new phase of parenting. The teenage years! I agree that dishonesty is troubling. We had an interesting incident a couple of months ago. I caught DS1 in a lie. We have always been very strict about honesty and he is usually (as far as I know) very honest, but he lied about something--can't remember what but it doesn't matter.

Anyway, it was the weekend we were away at my cousin's wedding. He was staying with a neighbor friend. The next door neighbor told me she heard fireworks being let off in our yard and assumed it was DS1 and the friends with whom he was staying. I asked him about it and he denied it. I believed him just from the look on his face. Turns out it was another neighbor. It ended up being a good thing because I told him do you see how important it is to be honest? I need to be able to trust you at your word, and it had an impact on him.

Anyway, they might still lie, but I think we have to continue to beat the drum of telling the truth!

So what else is new... I finished the weight loss program I was on. I lost 10ish pounds. I wanted to lose 20, but at least it was a start. I think I have gained back a couple of pounds, so I have to work on that. Honestly, it has been so hard to lose anything. I will continue to try, but I'm sort of exhausted by it all.

Things with the business are going ok. I donated a two hour consultation to a charity auction--it's the therapeutic riding barn where DS2 rides. So far there are three bids, so that's nice! I hope it goes for at least it's value.

My website will hopefully go live today or tomorrow.

Other than that, nothing much is new. I've done some yoga (Ultimate Yogi--good 'practices' as they say, but sooo looooong.) And barre3. Either those are getting harder or I'm getting weaker.

I'm praying we finally start getting some nice fall weather. It was so yucky and humid still yesterday.

Hope you guys are doing well! Tonya, how are your knees?
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 03:31 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Stephanie, what business?? I re-read the posts and didn't see mention of that.

I've been going around and around trying to figure out what to say to DD and think I landed on the same thing as you--emphasizing the importance of honesty and making good choices. And I suppose I need to make the connection of honesty + good choices = more freedom and making your own choices!

I don't think I mentioned, DS has been having trouble sleeping. He wakes up and can't fall back asleep. For a while he'd come into our room and if DH wasn't there, would just lie down next to me. Which isn't horrible but was sort of becoming a bad habit. A couple of times when DH was home, he ended up letting DS sleep in our bed and went to his room to sleep! This has resulted in DS somehow thinking our room is better.

So last night he woke up and I walked him back. This is what I did when they were little but requires much more psychology with a 10 year old. I mostly just need to convince him that either he will fall asleep and give him techniques to help or that if he doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

I'm driving DD an hour to the show tonight. Fortunately another mom and daughter are joining us. I'll actually be the one behind the wheel but it's less...overwhelming with another adult along. When DH and I went to see Billy Joel, we got caught in a lot of traffic near the arena and then took forever to get through security. Hopefully by leaving early we'll avoid the frustration!

I've tired of Define and Align a bit and started doing other weight work now and then. I have gotten back to regular runs and close to my usual pace so there's that!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 09-25-21, 11:45 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Pratima, I started an interior design business! Just launched my website.

DS2 loves sleeping in our bed! It's hard to know how to handle those situations. DS2 used to come in and wake us up when he couldn't sleep. The last couple of times he just wrote a note and slipped it under the door... 'Dear Mom and Dad. I can't sleep.' I find it in the morning when I wake up. It's so funny. It is headwrecking that they are still waking us up in the night!

i haven't worked out at all this week. Just walked. I was so focused on getting the website going. I'm going to do a barre3 I think.
Old 09-29-21, 09:38 AM  
TonyaK

Hello!

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I'm doing my physical therapy and a little bit of upper body work, too. My legs are getting stronger, which is great! I lost some strength while trying to protect my knee for all those months. I tried hopping from side to side a few times and it didn't hurt - progress!

Today I have a PT appointment. I should get some new, harder exercises to do. It feels good to be getting better.

Stephanie, congratulations on your new business!

Pratima, my DD fibs so often. It is upsetting. We definitely have times when we don't believe her because of past lies.
How is your race training going? When is the race?
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 01:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Tonya, yay for progress!! That's awesome! So glad to hear you are on the mend.

Sorry to hear you're also struggling with the lying. It is so upsetting. I suppose it's normal, but something to nip in the bud. I always pray that if my kids lie, they get caught! The more you 'get away with it,' the easier it gets.

The business is going ok. I have a small but new job starting tomorrow, so I'm thankful. It's enough to pay for my insurance for a couple of months, so that's good!

I've also joined one of those Conqueror Challenges. Don't know if you've heard of them, but it's an app that tracks your progress on a particular virtual 'hike.' I'm doing the Camino de Santiago in Spain. I've always wanted to hike it, but who knows if I ever will? So now that the weather is nicer, I thought it would be good motivation to get moving.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-04-21, 01:28 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Starting a new thread for fall!

Here it is!
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231830