Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-21, 08:09 AM  
SpiritYogi

Dog Sitting

My sister got a Labradoodle puppy about three months ago and has asked me to dog sit next week because she has to go out of town for a business conference. As much as I love dogs, I am anal with a big dash of OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of my house. Just to give you an idea, I don't allow shoes in my house and make my boyfriend change his clothes before entering if he has been working or doing any other activity that may get his clothes dirty.

My house is small (860 sq feet) and over half is carpeted. Although my sister's dog is a house dog, it obviously needs to go outside to go to the bathroom and get exercise. For those who have dogs, how do you keep them from tracking dirt in the house? Cleaning her paws before entering the house is going to be difficult and become a hassle real quick. I've thought of just putting her crate in the garage and housing her there but that seems like it would be a bit cruel, even though it is a nice garage. I also have a FT job so she would be alone most of the time; I don't even go home for lunch.

Any tips / ideas would be appreciated.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs, off topic, off-topic