Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-24-21, 11:56 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post

We are more alike than you know!
Haha! Good company around here!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 03:16 PM  
SherBear

Day 14 Cindy Whitmarsh
UFit Ultra Focused Interval Training - Ultra Tight

I caught Covid in March 2020 on vacation at Disney World. After I recovered, the shutdown began. Depression set in and all I did for the next 11 months in my spare time was eat, drink, read the news stories. Zero working out. I had no desire to do anything positive.

Christmas I weighed myself and I had gained 30lbs since March. I don't know why I was shocked but I was. I guess because I wore sweats or stretchy shorts everyday. December 26th, I put the wine glass down. I lost 8lbs. I knew I needed to start working out again but my pandemic brain was so negative. "I can never do Cathe, too hard". It was so easy to talk myself right out of it.

Sometime in Feb, I think, I looked through my DVD bins and found Cindy's series, still in wrapper. 20 min workouts. This is what I will do.
The series is 3 DVDs Tight, Lean and Burn. Two 20-min WO on each DVD.
Cindy has a very positive personality. Happy. Joking. Laughing. Exactly what I needed to be exposed to. I fought it every step of the way but these workouts got me out my workout funk and I have been better ever since. I lost a total of 20 of the 30. The last 10 won't budge.

Plus
Short and challenging.
Cindy's personality
Minimum equipment - one set of weights, mat
No dread factor

Minus
No warm up and very brief cool down. You're on your own.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 06:13 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 13 (July 24, 2021) YT virgin workouts

2021 Aqua Jade
  • 50's rock n roll dance workout (~19m)
  • heartbreak anthem dance workout (~3m)
  • Beach Boys dance workout (~12m)
  • Motown walking dance workout (~10m)
I was in a mood for something fun this morning -- I love oldies music and found on YT "Aqua Jade". I really enjoyed her 50's and Beach Boys dance routines -- fun and fast. Motown walking was much slower and a tad boring, and I turned it off after 10 minutes (used it as my cooldown). I plan to try some of her other retro dance workouts in the future.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 06:38 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the Aqua Jade tip. I just marked a few of hers to try.

So true confession time. I spent about two hours on Thursday and another hour on Friday searching YouTube for Halloween workouts! I knew people had linked the Jenny Ford zombie step workout before so I started looking for others. I think I now have a playlist long enough to do one every day in October! They're not all follow along but I'm okay with doing some paper ones. I'm looking forward to it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-24-21, 07:50 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks for the Aqua Jade tip. I just marked a few of hers to try.

So true confession time. I spent about two hours on Thursday and another hour on Friday searching YouTube for Halloween workouts! I knew people had linked the Jenny Ford zombie step workout before so I started looking for others. I think I now have a playlist long enough to do one every day in October! They're not all follow along but I'm okay with doing some paper ones. I'm looking forward to it!
That sounds like fun! I remember doing 3-4 Halloween workouts on YT last October. It made working out more enjoyable. I hope there will be new Halloween workouts this year on YT.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 08:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
That sounds like fun! I remember doing 3-4 Halloween workouts on YT last October. It made working out more enjoyable. I hope there will be new Halloween workouts this year on YT.
Maybe I'll create a thread then to post just the Halloween ones as I do them!

I'm most likely buying the download from Cathe Live of her Hocus Pocus workout.

Old 07-24-21, 09:19 PM  
Helen

Slow loading of pages has kept me away, but it's Sunday again. Updated last weekend, and have updated again now.

No virgins, but have done some that are very dusty.
Most notable is Abbie Appel's Strong & Stable Step. Had only done it once, in 2008 (!!) and it's great!

Ensuring I do at least ONE different instructor has been a bit of a challenge. Can't stay away from some regulars as have
1) Manic Monday - Choreo Cardio
Do the same complex choreo workout every Monday until have it down pat.
2) Cathe Chrono - working through ALL her main workouts, doing one roughly every 4 days or so.
3) Jillian Michaels - working through JMBR, but thankfully brief so I can add something from someone NOT already in my 20 days list.

Had a hunt to see actually WHICH instructors I've NEVER done a workout with and the vast majority are because they're Advanced, and I have dread factor. Though some, just a few, are yoga - looks like I've chosen my direction for the remainder of the month.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 09:49 PM  
bubbles76

SherBear sorry you caught Covid, but glad you found workouts you can do that make you happy to workout. I am missing two from that series, and I may try to get them back.

Day 13 - Do More Pilates Mat with Niece Pecenka and Bea Wood. Holy glutes bat man! This hits me in the glutes and side (hips? side glutes? not sure but the burn is real). Good for abs too. I only did the first three segments - Full Body Flow, Slow Ab Burn, and Lower Body Blast. I'm sure I am not doing it absolutely correctly, because pilates will always elude me. So much to remember! But I felt a burn, so maybe I accidentally got it right in some parts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-21, 10:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Bubbles, we could be twins today! I did Bob Harper's 10 Minute Glute Challenge from Ultimate Cardio Body and the first words in my notes are holy booty, Batman!

Old 07-25-21, 05:57 AM  
Kitten

Day 15 virgin LW2LW2 the bonus stability ball workout.

Y'all. This. Was. Tough.

Pros: only 17 minutes long. Kathy gives easier variations, lots of core work including the back

Cons: I hated the warmup

Keeper! This is the stability ball workout I've been looking for!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins