Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-21, 10:37 AM  
bex

I'm always in favour of approximate check-ins.

I mean, I'm doing EPIC + KBs + Yoga + bike rides + whatever else my body needs. So it's not like we'd throw vegetables at any deviation from the 'official' schedule.

pharma_gal Caroline has lots of 10-30 minute workouts. If you wanted to post about doing those, I'd love to hear about them.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 01:33 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I would like to try them but the workouts are so long I can’t workout for more than 40-45 mins max.
You could also do as much of the workout as you can and finish the last 10 to 15 minutes later. At least you could get a feel for what she does for the Epic workouts because I believe they are all closer to 50 minutes except the hiit ones.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 03:00 PM  
TracyQ

I’m becoming obsessed with Caroline’s workouts. So far I’ve tried three of her workouts and loved them (particularly Epic lower body with dumbbells and body weight). I’ve also previewed quite a few and love what I see. A lot of her upper body stuff won’t work for me because I had rotator cuff surgery last year and have to be very careful about what I do. But I love her lower body stuff and core.

If someone starts a check in I would try it but am not great about checking in. I plan on doing her workouts for lower body, core and maybe some HIIT and use Cathe for upper body and Peloton for cycling cardio.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 03:06 PM  
IceQueen07

A check in would be great. I'm on day 30 of Epic, but will be moving in a couple of days so will have to take a week off from Epic. I love her workouts, didn't think i would like the whole no talking, music only, but have really enjoyed them.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:35 AM  
kaykay

I would love to do a checkin. I did one of her workouts a kettlebell one and it was great. I am going to start her Epic 2 today. I'm hooked. Considering all I have done in the last year is Cathe and SSoD this is crazy I am doing this.
kaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:32 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I would love to do a checkin. I did one of her workouts a kettlebell one and it was great. I am going to start her Epic 2 today. I'm hooked. Considering all I have done in the last year is Cathe and SSoD this is crazy I am doing this.
Ok, that does it - I'm starting a check-in!! I really want to hear how you do with the crazy moves in EPIC 2.

I'm taking EPIC at my own pace, but I looked at EPIC 2 Day 12 one legged burpees with a hop and I can't believe any human being can actually do that. Please join the check-in and share how you smash each move!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...74#post2908274
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 08:27 AM  
laurawd

Could someone please compare Caroline G's intensity to that of, say, Cathe's weight workouts?
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 04:48 PM  
pharma_gal

Is Epic 2 harder than Epic 1?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:40 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawd View Post
Could someone please compare Caroline G's intensity to that of, say, Cathe's weight workouts?
I think Carolyn is harder , at least for me. But I enjoy it so much more.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:50 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I think Carolyn is harder , at least for me. But I enjoy it so much more.
Agree. Caroline's workouts are shorter so the warm-ups are not as long as Cathe (or does she maybe skip the warmups? I get her workouts confused with those of Heather Robertson). Also, the format of her workouts (40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest, relentlessly) makes them intense. And there are often horizontal moves - plank to pushup to standing or burpees or similar) which I personally find much more challenging than Cathe's workouts which are mostly vertical.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan