Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-20, 08:39 AM  
Carol K

Most commercial TV, I only watch a few episodes per season, but when I watch, I really watch to figure out what's going on and I never fast-forward through anything. TV is never background for me. It either gets my full attention or it's turned off.
Old 04-02-20, 08:44 AM  
lisa122

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Tiger King on Netflix! Anyone else?
I came back to say my husband, daughter and I watched this over three nights. It was wonderfully strange.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:57 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
I came back to say my husband, daughter and I watched this over three nights. It was wonderfully strange.

Lisa
I've got to check this one out! All the raves. Please, no animals die or are hurt, are there?

I've been watching documentaries --- McMillions (HBO) and The Trade (SHO). For pure entertainment, Castle Rock (HULU), Homeland (final season), and hope to start on the new season of Ozark soon.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:00 PM  
lisa122

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I've got to check this one out! All the raves. Please, no animals die or are hurt, are there?
There is a definite tone that the animals are not being treated right. These are animals in captivity being raised for profit. There are so many animals and not enough space or food.

There is a scene where employees are happily holding up dead rabbits that they shot to feed their favourite tigers. I use to have rabbits as family pets, and this bothered me. I understand the tigers were hungry, and rabbits may be a good source of food for them, but could the employees not look so happy about killing them.

The show focuses on the people. These people are really different. Over-the-top personalities that a fictional writer couldn't imagine.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post

I've been watching documentaries --- McMillions (HBO) and The Trade (SHO). For pure entertainment, Castle Rock (HULU), Homeland (final season), and hope to start on the new season of Ozark soon.
It sounds like Tiger King is an awful thing for animal lovers to watch, so if you're not into that thing, just don't go there. I'm not sure I can!
Old 04-02-20, 04:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

DS17 and i have been re-watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series on DVD. DH and I cannot believe the 1st one is 17 YO! i had to ask DS17 - did we bring you as a 1 YO into the theatre? to which he said "how would I know?"

when we watched the 2nd one last night, my son said he was "terrified of this one." DH and i kept saying "no way, no way" at all of the stunts.

DS17 would ask - how did they film that? and i said CGI because you can't sword-duel on a rolling flywheel without injuring yourself!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 04:21 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
For fellow Julian Fellowes fans, do look for The English Game on Netflix. It just came out and it's wonderful!

I saw Tiger King. Man, I've met some crazy people before, but never that level of crazy!

I also watched Self Made on Netflix with Octavia Spencer. It was really good!
I agree about The English Game. If you’re a fan of Downton Abbey, I think you’ll really like this one. Just binged watched it today. Thanks for the recommendation!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 04:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We don't have Netflix so I haven't seen "Tiger King." If you like nutty stories about people obsessed with all kinds of animals, check out Animal Planet's "Fatal Attractions." Three seasons are free on Prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Reptiles/dp/B...5863298&sr=8-1

Man, you will really wonder about the human capacity for self-delusion after watching some of the shows!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:20 PM  
BunnyHop

If you're a fan of Pride and Prejudice, Jennifer Ehle is reading some of the book on Youtube. There are a number of videos, and I can't help wondering how much of it she'll eventually get through?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryraQlMMfuA
Old 04-07-20, 05:32 PM  
sherry7899

Britbox FINALLY got the two latest seasons (series) of the British show "Cold Feet" so I signed up just to watch them. Of course now the Wifi on our Amazon Firestick is not working! (sigh). If I can't get it to work, I will stream it on my kindle.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic