Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-17, 09:54 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
I don't either. Someone always has something snarky to say.

I'm going get you Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical
I hope you don't have any Richard Simmons work outs
I bet you did Jane Fonda in the 80's
I actually did not bring up workout dvds at work with anyone, but years ago I had a Collage catalog sitting on my desk. The guy who sat in back of me saw it and said "I hate that thing! My wife spends WAY too much money from that place. " I burst out laughing, and then asked him what kind of workouts did she like. She was really into The Firm, and I had a bunch I wasn't using, so I brought them in for him to give to her. Let's say he wasn't really thrilled I always wondered if she was a member here and I didn't know it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 10:22 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I know what you mean. I was lunching with a few people at work once , and one of the ladies told me she had 5000 books at home ( a library) and promptly showed me the photos of the room with books on her mobile phone. Everyone looked at the pictures and said ooh that is nice, you must be very intelligent. I then went on to tell them that I had a few 100 fitness dvds, and some of them went very quiet whilst the others said, something must be wrong with you, how can you have that many dvds, you must be a hoarder I never spoke about it again.
I usually didn't talk about exercise DVD's at work, but there were a few instances that I could! I worked for a high school district and the PE teachers would happily discuss workouts with me. I often loaned them workouts for aerobics classes. Sometimes they would go to fitness conventions for work and I was so jealous!
Old 09-20-17, 11:26 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Yep I do lots of the same stuff you guys! My confession is that I make theme workouts for myself. On patriotic holidays I do the Firm Prime Power with the Sousa music. I also do Firm Volume 1 on Anna Benson's birthday (November 23) as a way to honor her. I would never have gotten into or stayed working out at home without the Firm.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 11:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This is such a fun thread!

I have A VF confession. Many years ago, I anonymously paid a VFer's dues for her to become a VF Supporter. I'm pretty sure she never knew who it was.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-17, 11:35 AM  
AnMrsDe

Love this thread!!! And, like Kate (hi Kate!) says, don't change...y'all are beautiful!!!

I finally will confess something. When I go out for a walk, I CAN'T just stroll along...I HAVE to try and walk as fast as I possibly can! Like today...first I did a Jari workout then thought I'd go for a (slow) walk. Nope! Even right out of the gate (my driveway), I start hoofin' it. Don't know why I'm like that...I blame my walking companion of several years ago...he would run and I'd walk fast to keep up with him. I guess I should be thankful cause I do burn more calories but sometimes I just would like to go for a nice, calm walk, LOL!!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 06:36 PM  
lisa122

Okay....I am a little late to this thread, but I have read everybody's responses. This is such a fun thread and I loved reading everyone's confessions.

I, too, do not talk about fitness DVDs with anybody. I have never met a single person that is supportive when discussing fitness DVDs. Even just to working out, in general, people get weird about it.

My workout confession to all of you is sometimes I workout in my clothing I am wearing for the day. I do my normal morning workout, which I wear regular fitness clothing...but sometimes in the afternoon, I do a quick 20 minute workout. I don't feel like it warrants a whole change of clothing 'cause I barely get sweaty

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 09:15 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Isn't it funny how so many of us don't talk about workouts with others. A lot of my friends must don't get it I guess?

Another confession. The other day I saw a young woman, very buff, wearing a T-shirt from a local crossfit gym walking through Walmart. I stopped her to ask her about it and commented on how great she looked. She loomed at me like I was some kind of stalker. Guess I'll leave the personal comments out next time.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 01:57 PM  
Sissy B

Another confession, since getting a Wii I prefer to use that for my workouts rather than fitness videos/DVDs now. I love the interactivenss of the Wii and I have realized that good music really does make a difference to me. I just picked up Just Dance 2018 yesterday at Walmart.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 02:27 PM  
warriorprincess

I confess that during the last hurricane threat, the only things I put in my waterproof safe were important papers, and my external hard drive that has nothing but all my workouts backed up on it. And there are hundreds!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 02:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Another confession. The other day I saw a young woman, very buff, wearing a T-shirt from a local crossfit gym walking through Walmart. I stopped her to ask her about it and commented on how great she looked. She loomed at me like I was some kind of stalker. Guess I'll leave the personal comments out next time.
Hahaha! Too funny.....I can just see it!

Tags
confessions, rotations