Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-25-22, 03:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Had to pop back in...

FN2, nope, the cats don't bother Raquel and she doesn't bother them. For that matter, the cats don't bother the possums or the ducks either. I believe that the cats are well fed and sassy and don't care who else is in the yard. In all fairness, all of our feline visitors look to be older and probably not up for a scuffle. Oh, we also have a tiny possum who is smaller than a kitten. We've only seen him/her once.

Got to go look at Six!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 10:12 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… you have quite the wildlife in that yard of yours. Definitely must keep you entertained!

Kittybug… so glad Cathe can cheer you up. Exercise is sometimes the best medicine especially with an awesome instructor.

My legs were a little tight after lawn max plus my usual aches and pains but nothing too crazy. Today I did a Spice Girls only music cycling class. One of the singers was actually taking this class too. Followed with a 10 minute yoga flow: focus on floor poses.

Happy Sunday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 07:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Yesterday I rested, today it was back to Fuel #20 Bodyweight only HiiT. I was able to modify the obligatory burpees (is there ANY "real" HiiT that doesn't have burpees????) and sprawls and there were plenty of other exercises that I could do with minimal modifications. Anyhoo, I liked it and I'm now onto Week 4!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 06-27-22, 09:47 AM  
ChelePA

Boss Loops: Glutes and Core. This time I used the same resistance bands as Cathe. The more I do this workout, the more I really like it. It definitely burns out the lower body if using the right loop with lower placement on your thighs.

I’m actually able to do alternating lunges versus the last time I tried this workout. Previously I needed to maintain a static lunge because I didn’t have the strength/mobility to push back up to a standing position. Still can’t go as deep especially with the pace but any progress is a plus.

My daughter and I were going to go strawberry picking today but it’s quite rainy this morning. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 06-27-22, 09:49 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday (not) all!

Yesterday was the start of another week of The Great Barre Experiment I'm doing, hah...I did Leah's Ballet Body Total Body. The more I do her stuff, the more I get it, but her upper body stuff is so killer!

Today seems to be starting off with Allergy Max and Kleenex Max.

FN2, I so want to hang out at your place with all the critters!! Last night I happened to look out and both Five and Six were on the patio together, looking like they were watching a tennis match (birds). But when I walked out, Five hissed at Six and proceeded to rub all over me as if to say, 'She's MINE.' Hah!! Then Cheeto came to the door and looked out and started whining about them being on HIS patio. Hilarious!

ChelePA, congrats on the lunges!! That's quite huge progress. I would love to go pick strawberries with you all!

All right, gotta run...stay fierce!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 08:19 PM  
Mickey12

Chele I am so amazed at the progress you have made! Remember when you weren’t sure if you would ever be able to do a Cathe workout? Even if you have to modify, that’s still such phenomenal progress!

Cataddict I love hearing about all the critters that visit your back yard. I enjoy them all except I could do without the deer eating everything in sight at my house. We haven’t had animals on the deck since we stopped putting food out for Winnie before we were able to get her inside.

Kittybug your stories about Five and Six are great. Gotta love a cat that winds and wraps all around your legs. My favorite kind!

Manley I hope you had a great getaway at the lake. It sounds so peaceful and fun.

Kate such good news about Justin!

Tonight I did Group Rx Sport 5. I got a bunch of these a while back when they had a sale. I wasn’t crazy about the first one I did but I liked this one. They’re tough for me but they have a ton of variety and they don’t drag. They’re sort of like Les Mills format with a track for each section.

Stay well, Watulans.
Old 06-27-22, 09:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy (?) Monday, Watulans!

Today was Fuel #21 Dumbbell Leg Day Circuits. Wow did I like this workout and I was so surprised by that! There was nary a Bulgarian lunge or burpee in sight, although there were plenty of lunges and squats. They were interspersed with body weight exercises that mimicked the weighted movements. Something about it just appealed to me and the time went by quickly. I followed it with IMIN, the original. Boy, that workout is not at all intimidating when one isn't using a step and modifies the jumps. It still got my heart rate up high enough to qualify for cardio which is what I wanted after the Caroline workout.

Kim, it's funny how the outside creatures manage to get along with each other. Raquel is so dainty and picks up the kibble with her paws and chomps it up. She doesn't empty the dish, just eats until she is full. She doesn't like the soft cat food that the ferals prefer. Now the possums will eat whatever food is there but doesn't eat all of what is available either. We were surprised that they all worked it out as we were concerned that they would eat us into bankruptcy when we put food out on the deck.

FN1, c'mon East and visit! It's so funny that Five and Six are "fighting" over you! I think Cheeto was telling both of them to back away from HIS mom!

ChelePA, you can pick me some strawberries since ours are gone for this season. I hope you get to pick some tomorrow if not today!

Waves to all!

Old 06-28-22, 08:49 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Tuesday to All!

Not sure what I will do for exercise today. I may just go for a long walk. I am feeling lazy.

Kate- that is such good news about Justin’s health report! I am happy for the two of you.

Chel
- we keep our cars forever too. When our sons were younger, we would pass them on to them. Did you enjoy the strawberry picking?

Bee – sounds like your family loves Subarus. I will have to look into the Subaru.

Kitty- how is your barre week long experiment going?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 09:27 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday was CL 190, Cardio Barre and Core Meltdown which is just how it sounds, starts off with high/low cardio, moves to barre work for the legs and finishes with core similar to Fit Split with the discs. This was an excellent workout BUT something was off, maybe on my end, with the movements, music, and sometimes even Cathe's voice was off sync with the picture. It was quite frustrating during the cardio because it moved so fast and never felt like it was on the beat, if that makes sense? Anywho, I got through it. We are HOT here right now so I was dripping everywhere!

Kim, you would LOVE Five and Six because they LOVE to rub themselves all over me! I can't get back inside without being covered in fur! I've never even heard of the workouts you mentioned. You have such variety!

FN2, IMIN? Is that the original Imax? If so, I LOVE that new name!! And yes, Cheeto is very possessive of his mamma!

Horusosiris, I'm loving my experiment. I'm doing barre three times a week and then three metabolic/circuit/cardio workouts. That way I feel like I get a good mix of the bigger movements to go with the smaller barre stuff. I plan to stick with it for a while longer until the mood strikes to do something else, hah!

Okay, time to run....have a great day all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 01:08 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug...I definitely find barre workouts the most challenging mentally and physically. Definitely need to have proper form to feel it in the right places. I do mostly floor barre right now. Peloton schedule usually has 1-2 classes weekly for 10 minute sessions. Glad you are liking your new rotation. You were a dancer, right? The ladies that teach on Peloton were also former dancers. Their range of motion and balance are amazing!

Mickey12...thanks for the positive words regarding my progress. Sometimes I forget because I still have so much pain, decreased range of motion and strength issues. It does feel great to do some Cathe workouts at my own pace. Do you go strawberry picking? Probably only one more week left in the season.

Cataddict...love when there are no burpees in sight!!! Rare for Caroline

Horusosiris...A long walk sounds perfect for a lazy day!!!

Bee...how's the new job going? Keeping you busy I bet!

Kate..hopefully clean-up is officially done, and insurance won't take so long. I was actually on the phone for over 2 hours regarding my car accident and claims they have decided to reprocess a year later....making us owe more money. So frustrating!!!!

Today I did an intervals cycling class. More endurance based with light weights and arms as an active recovery between each section. Followed by a 20 minute core class...all Abba music.

Today the weather is beautiful...hoping for a walk later.

Waving to VVfer, Nathalie, FOLV, and manleym!!!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in