Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-13, 08:05 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennasis View Post
I have a question regarding these workouts, interested in ordering 1 from each group, rip,boot,war and step. I want to make sure that they are complete workouts that you follow along to, like the beachbody pump workouts. I am not good at putting things together on my own. Does the workout have the music in it or do you have to play the cd separately?
If anyone has these and can comment I would appreciate it, next week is my birthday so want to order, just didnt want to waste 200.00 if it wasnt like a real workout.
Yes, they are complete workouts, just like LMs. It has music, so you don't play it separately. Plus, you get a CD with the soundtrack.

They have previews of each workout. Watch the clips. It will give you a good idea what each class is about.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 08:18 PM  
gennasis

Thank you so much debbie, I really appreciate the quick response, I have 5 dvds I want and I figure I could use the cds for other workouts that I dont like the music to, like Insanity. Thanks again
gennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 08:58 AM  
Diana3271

I called Power Music Group about the War workouts. I was going to order but I was told that War 4 was coming out March 4. The person I spoke with said she heard that War 4 was supposed to be really good. I decided to hold off on my order until I see those clips. I also asked about a comparison between War 1-3. She said that #1 and #3 are the most popular and #2 the least. I did a search online about discount codes for this company. It appears that they had a sale around Feb 14. I asked the person that I spoke with about sales. She said that they do have them and she expects the next one to be in the Spring. She advised me to sign up for their newsletter so I can get new info as it is released. She also mentioned that new workouts are released quarterly. I did get the email notice about War 4 coming out on March 4.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:57 AM  
dls

[QUOTE=gennasis;2187542]Thank you so much debbie, I really appreciate the quick response, I have 5 dvds I want and I figure I could use the cds for other workouts that I dont like the music to, like Insanity. Thanks again

Hi Gennasis.

Are you enjoying the workouts you purchased? I would love to hear reviews from any one who has the workouts.

Thank you.

Deb
dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 08:02 AM  
Diana3271

I still haven't purchased these, either. I have been waiting for a sale to come along since the workouts are on the expensive side. Now, there are 4 War workouts. They add a new one each quarter, I think.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 02:05 PM  
gennasis

I purchased just one to try it out, the music is good and it is like pump because of the reps, but i didnt like the fact you could hear the breathing of the instructor in her microphone. I know it sounds silly but for some reason it bothered me. I understand the production isnt going to be like a beachbody video, but it just annoyed me.
gennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 10:59 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Just bumping this old thread up as I have become totally addicted to Power Music Group Rx workouts!!!
VF friend Lesia turned me on to a few of these and I can't rave enough.

Yes they are somewhat like Les Mills in that you get a DVD, CD and instructor notes with the workout but they do have their own way of doing things.
Maybe not as fun (to me) as Les Mills but really awesome.

My favorite are the Boot workouts which are fantastic total body workouts. Mostly using bodyweight but also incorporating dumbells on some of them.

I just discovered Axis which are core focused total body workouts and I LOVED them!! NOT like LM Cxworx at all although they are 30 minutes each. I liked them so much I bought 3 more! I put two together for a full hour workout but perfect as an add-on.

I have Power Step which IS actually a lot like LM Body Step. I like them but prefer LM in this case. Mostly because Mark Nu'u and Lisa Osborne are in them.

I have Sport which is like a step workout with weights. I've only tried one but seemed to me to be a heckuva metabolic workout.

I have tried one RIP which is very similar to Body Pump but the format is a little different. But same high rep, body part to each song format. Fun too.

Only one I haven't tried yet is WAR and I'll be doing that tomorrow. I am a NUT about LM Body Combat and can say they are my favorite workouts ever. So hoping this one will be fun too.

To further rave and enable, I'll tell you they have a great 75% off sale going on right now.
https://www.powermusic.com/videos/on-sale.html
That's only $7 or $9 for most of their DVDs. No I am not affiliated with them at all, I just like what I like.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 11:03 AM  
sherry7899

Kate, do the sale prices show up when you check out? I put a *Transform" dvd into the cart, and it is full price. It could be that those are not on sale.

Eta: I was in the wrong section. Never mind!

Thanks!
Sherry

I see a cycling workout with music by Hozier..... I am likely doomed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 12:31 PM  
Rhonda

Thanks Kate,

I have always wanted to try these and now seems to be a good time.

Guess we will see what shipping comes to.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-19, 03:48 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Kate, have you done the Boot workouts? I looked at these a while ago and your review is making me take another look!

ETA: Duh, I just saw you mentioned them at the beginning of your post!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
group rx, power music, power music group rx