Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-22, 06:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just stopping by to say hi. I have time to do something this morning but won't because I just don't feel like it! I know I'll regret it but I'm just off this week and just feeling lazy. I think I'm just really, really tired of summer, heat and relentless sunshine. I have to go to the office today as the work has piled up even more.

Hopefully I'll have something to report tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-29-22, 06:37 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Good morning!

Just stopping by to say hi. I have time to do something this morning but won't because I just don't feel like it! I know I'll regret it but I'm just off this week and just feeling lazy. I think I'm just really, really tired of summer, heat and relentless sunshine. I have to go to the office today as the work has piled up even more.

Hopefully I'll have something to report tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!
I've had many days like that this summer. I too am hoping the summer heat tones itself down. The sunshine doesn't get me like it does you, but I am tired of the relentless heat this summer.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 07:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

No workout for me this morning, got up too late and had my tile guy coming early....but I may squeeze something in at lunch time....

Carol - I did the same workout yesterday at lunch time - it was hard. It seemed like the lunges would never end.

Dana - hang in there - it is August next week....and then September!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:58 PM  
donnamp

I did a little lunch time workout:

Up to the Beat Fit (Gina B) - Stranger Things Walk/Dance
Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 min Belly Fat Workout
LWR - 10 Min Stretch

I really enjoyed getting up to move at lunch. I need to do that more often - I'm hoping the fall to get some outdoor walks in at lunch.

But this was more energizing than just getting more coffee...

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon!

Donna
Old 07-29-22, 05:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Walk - 20 minutes, no dogs, before it got hot

Jessica Valant Pilates - Hip and Hamstring Release - 12 minutes
This was what I would call an active stretch, although many others probably wouldn't. Quite a bit of the time was on hands and knees, not my favorite position these days.

We supposedly have a good rain chance today, but so far, it's just been humid. Hoping the rain finally works its way south of I-40.

Donna - The lunges with the knee ups was bad enough; then she went to the move where you go to your knees and then get up without using your hands. I had to go really slowly to make that happen.

Carol
Old 07-29-22, 05:37 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna and Carol, you both did better today than I did. After I came home from work I've decided to take a nap and I just woke up a while ago. I'm feeling much better but still not energized enough to work out. There's always tomorrow.

On a good note, I had a very productive day at work today and was able to push forward couple of projects that have been stalled for few months. I was really productive at work today and it feels great.
Old 07-30-22, 08:18 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Donna and Carol, you both did better today than I did. After I came home from work I've decided to take a nap and I just woke up a while ago. I'm feeling much better but still not energized enough to work out. There's always tomorrow.

On a good note, I had a very productive day at work today and was able to push forward couple of projects that have been stalled for few months. I was really productive at work today and it feels great.
I love days when it feels like I've gotten a lot of stuff done at work! That's worth celebrating.

Carol
Old 07-30-22, 01:06 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was a bust! I didn't sleep well last night, so no workout this morning. Then DD and i were going to volunteer at the animal shelter, but she wasn't feeling well - I am thinking allergies - but you can't be too careful these days. So we ended up not doing that. Then my contractor came over to do some catch up work.

On a happy note, I did manage to get something in this afternoon:

- Jenny Ford - Step Across America - # 6 (??) - Massachusetts
- Jessica Valent - Hip & Hamstring Release (12 min), Gentle Pilates for Beginners (20 min).

Dana - that is great that you had a productive day at work - it does help to see progress being made.

Waves, Carol!!!

I am thinking about following Jessica's calendar for August - I need something fairly simple and straightforward.

Donna
Old 07-30-22, 05:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Not much sleep at our house either last night - we actually had a thunderstorm that continued for several hours and was pretty loud. We were not complaining though - we got about 3 inches of rain at my house, which is a vast improvement over the 5.02 inches that we had gotten since August 1st of last year! I'll take rain any day of the week.

Because of the rain, I decided to get out and walk this morning inside of doing Jessica's scheduled workout (which I'll do tomorrow), so today's workout was:

Walk - 35 minutes, no dogs

Carol
Old 07-31-22, 08:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Strengthen, Lengthen & Breathe - 44 min
Leslie's 1 Mile walk with Celina - 15min

I tried Mira's beginners abs and I've only lasted 2 minutes. I was bored and I didn't want to listen to constant instructions. Yes, I should have probably picked her intermediate abs but didn't. While I like some of her classes and her instructions and form is impeccable, I don't think she's my girl. I won't be renewing my membership but I still have several months to go so maybe I should give her workouts more chance to grow on me.

Ellen's class was challenging in its own way. Not hard, but challenging and I enjoyed it.

PBL's new "Super Challenge" starts tomorrow and I see that we can rent the challenge for 30 days (Challenge is 21days) for $12.99 rather sign up for full membership for $24.99/month. Of course, I'll only have access to the challenge workouts but that's perfectly fine with me. I've been tempted for months to sign up for membership again, so this will be perfect way for me to try her again and see how that goes.

Carol, hurray for rain! I love thunderstorms.

Donna, what Jessica's calendar are you thinking of following? I have yet to try her latest set. Hopefully soon.

I'm glad that tomorrow is August and fall is not far behind. I'm done with summer. I was done with it after the first hot and sunny day which was what seems like months if not years ago!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!