Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-17-22, 08:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Saturday we went shopping for mattresses and hit a couple of estate sales. We've got a few in mind that we sampled at Jordan's Furniture, but we're going to re-visit our local store here in RI to confirm our selections from what we saw in MA.

We finally got an offer on our house in MN, after re-listing it with a new agent early this year. Not the price we wanted but our realtor has said it's now a buyers market and selling now (before economy takes a further dive and interest rates soar) is best. It hasn't been a good year for us financially with the money we've lost in the stock market and now losing so much on this house. But, we've got to put that behind us....and just move on!

Today I did a mile on the treadmill with Tommy. And, did Core and More with Curtis Adams. I liked this one as well. It's seated or standing core work which uses weights about 2/3 into the workout. He finishes off with some good balance work and some nice stretching. Emotionally I didn't feel like I needed any more with all that's been going on with us. And....today is our cats 18 year anniversary of the day we brought her home in AZ. She's had a good life with us and we celebrated with cake for us...and treats for her!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workout was:

Jessica Smith - Split Sessions - Upper Body

I can't believe I'm on Week 8 of this rotation! Tomorrow is the lower body workout, but I may substitute something for it as I do have a bit of dread with that one.

My contractor texted me last night and said he wouldn't be coming today - his family is sick w/ sore throats - he said they tested negative for COVID. But now I'm freaking out b/c I read that the new Omicron's symptom is a sore throat and those rapid and home tests are not accurate. Ugh. I'm glad he didn't come here sick although that probably does mean that prolonging of the agony. It would be ironic if I got COVID from someone coming into my house when I work from home and am barely around other people. Oh well, I'll try to think good thoughts.

Nice workouts, Pam - that is a bummer about the house, but, like you said, probably just best to move on. The financial situation right now isn't great w/ inflation soaring.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Back to it today.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 08:19 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was from You Tube, Jessica's 10 Minute Standing Stretch. I did a little bit of walking when I went to church yesterday, from the parking lot to the building. It's a big church!

Donna, sorry to hear about your contractor, and hope none of you come down with it.

Pam, that is a bummer about the house, etc. But I'm sure it's good to have the house sold, and not having to deal with it anymore. That's great your cat had a nice anniversary. Cake sounds good!
Old 07-19-22, 12:26 AM  
Leonana

I walked in the mall for ten minutes, but had to rest. Then lots of walking doing errands. I also did a five minute stretch from the Calm App. I will probably rest tomorrow. I did buy Jessica’s workouts, although I don’t know when I’ll be able to use them.
Old 07-19-22, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well, my contractor does have COVID, so he will not be here this week. He was here last Thursday, but I was pretty much in my basement away from him and I think if I were going to get it from him I would have it by now. So...my remodel is on hold until he is feeling better and out of quarantine. I told him not to worry about it and not to rush back. What can you do....

Today was Jessica's lower body workout - but that one is not a favorite of mine from this set. I substituted one of Jessica Valent's barre workouts instead - I did her Pilates Barre or something like that!

I am surprised at myself for sticking with this rotation for so long - it is the longest one I have done in awhile! I like that it is only 5 days a week, I think that is one of the things that made it easy to stick with - I may do her Summer of Strength rotation next, as that is also a 5 day a week plan. I like having some days that are "free" - I mean, I know I can tailor any rotation to suit me, but somehow if I see it "scheduled" I need to do it. I also did substitute sometimes during this rotation - if i didn't feel like the workout that was scheduled, I just did something else that fit the "theme".

Sherry - I think you are making some good progress! I'm glad you got Jessica's workouts - you can always start out by doing just 10-15 min. It seems that she repeats a series of exercises so you can either skip the second set or do just two sets of that "circuit" and then call it a day, and the next time you pick up the workout do 2 sets of the other circuit, etc. I really like the set and I am considering buying Lift & Shift at some point.

Waves, everyone!

Pam - forgot to say happy anniversary to your cat!

Donna
Old 07-19-22, 12:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Back to getting busy with the weights, since today's hike was cancelled because of high temps. Did Kelly's Split Sessions (Upper Body) as well as her Start Here (Cardio Sculpt + Upper Body premix.) Good to get a bit of cardio in while hit the muscles with lighter weights with the 2nd workout.

Donna, sorry your contractor has Covid. At least you get a break from having someone underfoot, in your house! Our friend in AZ just got Covid, and he's been going through renovations, also! He told us Sunday night, as my DH usually does online gaming with all the AZ guys.

Sherry, seems like you are doing better with the light exercise and experiencing not as much pain.

I skipped the workout Monday, since I had to prepare for class. One of the stories was a bit of a slog to get through called "The Celestial Railroad" and wasn't my favorite, though I usually like allegory stories with Christian themes. The writing wasn't great, and most of the class felt the same.

It's going to be hot all week here, so my Thursday hike might get cancelled, as well.

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Just about done w/ Jessica's rotation - today was:

Steady Walk - This one does have a bit of a dread factor for me - it is long and there are no cues for breaks - I think mentally if she had a little timer that came up after each "mile" I could manage it better. But it is a nice steady state cardio routine.

Planning to do some stretching later.

This was a relatively easy rotation for me to follow - I enjoyed most of the workouts, I allowed myself to substitute if I wanted to, and I think having only 5 "scheduled" days made it easier to stick to.

Overall I enjoyed having a plan to follow - it kept me focused and avoided a lot of wasted time trying to figure out what to do - even when I substituted I at least had a category of workout I needed to fit in.

I do think I'm going to give her Summer of Strength a try next - and I know I'll have some interruptions once my contractor is over COVID.

Waves, everyone, going to be super hot here, we are used to the heat and humidity here in the summer, but we're going to be in the 90s for the next few days. My neighbor is having a roof put on - I feel sorry for those workers in this heat!

Donna
Old 07-20-22, 10:17 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I haven't had a chance to post until now. Totally swamped at work and just haven't had time. I've been fitting in short workouts here and there, but I can't wait for this meeting to be over in early August so I can get back to my normal routine.

Donna, it's great that you like Strong & Centered and have been sticking with it! I haven't done enough of the workouts to say, but the ones I did do I liked. Now I just have to make time for it. I took today off because I needed a break from work, so maybe I'll do one of them later. Sorry to hear your contractor has COVID. I'm afraid this is just how things are now. I fully expect to catch it at some point. There's just no way to avoid it. No one here wears masks anymore and I'm forced to go to the office once a week, run errands and I have a business trip coming up where I have to fly, so...I've given up on the whole mess! Hopefully the vaccines will do their job and if I do get it, it won't be too bad. I hadn't heard that the rapid tests are not accurate at detecting the new Omicron, so that's not good news.

Pam, It's too bad the housing market is not what it was, but it's probably best to sell now and be done with it. I plan to sell my house next year and I'm concerned what the market will be like by then.

Sherry, I think it's great you walked in the mall! As Donna said, when you're ready, you could do one circuit from Jessica's new set. The workouts I've done so far were all circuits, so that makes it easier to shorten.

It's brutally hot here so I'm heading to the mall to walk in the air conditioning. It's usually empty there during the week so it should be good.
Old 07-21-22, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I completed the Strong & Centered Rotation! It is a miracle, LOL!

I did substitute at times, and during the last half of the rotation where she sometimes scheduled 2 workouts I often did not do both - except if it were stretching or the floor fusion workout.

Overall, I enjoyed the set - obviously since i stuck with it! I found it very doable. The pace moves slow enough so that you can watch your form. You can modify (for instance, I did not lean as far forward as Jessica and I took breaks when needed, I did not always use the gliders, etc.). It is hard to measure "results" but I think overall my stamina improved and my back has been really good (knock wood!)

I think the back stuff may be a combo of things and not entirely attributable to this plan - although I think her focus on posture and upper back stuff may helped. I also think some of it has to do w/ being more consistent w/ CS, giving up Pahla's workouts (sadly) and generally just being more open to modifying and proceeding cautiously.

I'm glad I got it done! For now I plan to move on to her Summer of Strength and give that a try - I will have to see how it works w/ my remodel, I am assuming my contractor will be back next week.

Today's workout was:

Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt & 13 Min Pilates Core Ball

wishiwasinhawaii - ugh, I'm sorry you have been so busy. I know what you mean about COVID. I think we will all get it at some point and just have to hope that the vaccines provide some protection against severe illness and that anti-virals are available. I did not get the 2nd booster, I will probably get something in the fall...

Sherry - how are you doing?

Pam - sorry the story you had to read for class was meh...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 07-21-22, 05:10 PM  
Leonana

I haven’t done much exercising this week, as our friends have been in town. They have their motor home at our house and are remodeling it. My friend and I went to a couple of Goodwills on Tuesday. Yesterday we went to Costco and Lowe’s. So I got in quite a bit of walking.

Donna, congrats on finishing the rotation. I haven’t done them yet. Thanks for asking, I’m hanging in there. I have less pain by doing CBT for pain management and the Curable App. My therapy and interacting more socially has helped too. I’m not taking any meds, I don’t know how they would affect my kidneys. So far, it’s manageable and I hope the pain reduces more in time. Of course, you have ups and downs, which is common.

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear about work. I hope it slows down soon for you.

Pam, stay cool in the heat wave! It’s been hot here obviously.

Tags
tablet