Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-22, 10:46 AM  
MathTeacher

Katie, I am so sorry! What a mess. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.
Old 07-12-22, 01:18 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks MT! We are drying out for the most part. A few things in the garden are showing some signs of life again so we'll give it a go. Some friends east of us lost windows in their house and vehicles so we fared pretty well. Those intense storms have calmed down.

Great day for walking yesterday so I took two walks and did 2 youtube clips. I need to get my pedometer going again for when I walk.

Sherry, nice to see you are getting back into some exercising! Hope that means things are starting to turn around more for you.

waves to Vannie and Helen!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 08:57 AM  
Vantreesta

I got home around 5:30 last night from my family reunion. I was in Indiana for a week (well 2 days were traveling). Had a nice relaxing time and got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad and my uncle in NM weren't able to go bc fuel prices are ridiculous. My MN aunt rode with me. It cost us $285 for gas round trip. My dad drives a diesel and lives in AZ. There was no way that was affordable. I was a bum while I was there and only went for a walk once and never did any of my PT. Gotta get back on track now that I'm back home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 08:35 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sounds like a great trip Vannie. Sorry your dad and uncle couldn't come...gas prices are insane!

I finally got my pedometer going again. The battery needed to be replace. I started using it yesterday but only got one dog walk in.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 07-15-22, 09:02 PM  
MathTeacher

I had a tube put in my ear on Wednesday. It is getting better. I am like a toddler; a happy toddler.

Old 07-15-22, 09:53 PM  
Leonana

MT, that's awesome! I'm glad you feel better.
Old 07-16-22, 08:55 PM  
Catahoula Cate

That's great MT! So glad you are experiencing relief!!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 07-16-22, 09:46 PM  
Vantreesta

So happy to hear it's improving, MT!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-20-22, 02:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 7/19 139 minutes ALL STAR GAME!
7 minutes (from E. Jade Belly Dancer Diaries -Daily Dance Challenge - 28 April 2020 - Sultana by Sameh Sergious, YT) 1st time
28 minutes (from PT strength exercises + short stretch)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
30 minutes (from 2.18 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day1)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
7 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 8-toe squat pose, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from one session toe yoga)
33 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.24 mi) so hot!

Had my appt today. My PT called it a gait assessment so I'm not sure if how it went wasn't really what she expected or if my expectations of what gait analysis means is different, but I would call it more if a foot assessment. She felt and looked my feet all over, watched me walk back and forth a few times, watched how I stand, asked a lot of questions, looked at my x-rays, looked at my walking and running shoes inside and out and the wear on the insoles and tread, took a print of my feet, watched me run down a hall and back and then explained everything and showed me where the dysfunction is happening. She said your feet definitely need help, which the callusing is telling us, but they are not that bad, are totally manageable and stay away from the knife! I was so happy to hear that. She showed me her feet bc they're very similar to mine and she has managed her bunions for 40 years, has no calluses anymore, and her feet look better than mine do right now. I do still have the appt for the second opinion next month and I will listen to what he has to say but my questions will be directed more toward what exercises should I be doing and is there anything I should be avoiding or minimizing or modifying. Anyway, she'll be making orthotics for me but is backed up so it will be about weeks till I get them. I have a heel insole thing that will give support to keep the heels from tilting in until the orthotics come in and I could feel the difference even though it isn't much correction. After those come in I can look at getting new shoes. She also highly recommended I buy padded socks to give the metatarsals extra cushion.

Old 07-21-22, 07:19 AM  
Vantreesta

I am looking forward to a quiet wknd. Last week I got home from IN on Tuesday, left Friday evening for my FIL's and came home Sunday, then Monday I had an appt an hour away from home and groceries took up that afternoon, yesterday the appt was an hour away and tmrw is just an oil change in my town but still, another thing to wreck my morning routine! Yesterday I never got in a real workout, just two toe yoga sessions and some ball massage. I was so tired I even took a nap in the afternoon.