Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-17, 12:57 PM  
AnMrsDe

I was wondering when this thread would appear!

BEST

Cathe's ICE set (I use this all the time and I'm so glad for the versatility!)
Cathe Live (although I used it a lot more in '15)
Yoga 30 For 30 set (I only tried a few, but it equals the excellence of UY already!)
Kristin's Dressed Up Drills (Best surprise of the year!)
KCM Amped Up Cardio (I don't usually click with KCM, but I found this one fun and another surprise!)
A few Youtube sites

Good at the time, but don't pull it out now very often:
Jessica's Walk Strong 2 set (mostly the Build Muscle and Inner Strength group)

There were a few workouts traded that didn't float my boat and a workout genre (barre) that my body didn't agree with, but I am getting pickier these days in acquiring workouts other than Cathe and Travis as instructors.

Last edited by AnMrsDe; 01-01-17 at 05:32 PM. Reason: addition
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 01:13 PM  
cherimac

Best:
Pilates by Lisa and Walking about 1.5-2.5 miles a day. My magic bullet for health, well-being, and aesthetics.

Worst:
Subscribing to barre3 streaming another year. Nothing wrong with them, just make me ache in the knees and low back if I do them more than twice a week. That's too much to pay for workouts I do two times per week.

Eh

Jessica Smith Walking workouts. I do them sometimes if it rains but I don't love them and repetitive walking motions make my knees and hips cranky at times.
Old 01-01-17, 01:23 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I enjoyed going to classes at the gym. My favorite that I tried this year was BodyCombat. It really gives me a good cardio workout without a lot of impact and I stay interested throughout.

No worst as I didn't buy anything. I guess maybe the spin bikes at one of the branches of the fitness clubs I go to. For some reason the specific bikes they have really mess up my ankle and knee. It is the peddles, and somewhat, the alignment. I don't have the same issue with other spin bikes. Unfortunately, I do not enjoy (understatement) the instructors at the gym with a different bike model.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 01:25 PM  
marki64

The best by far for me was Michelle's Body Fit 360 Athletic Conditioning. Also a good one, Jessica Smith Better Body Blast, Jari's Ex. Hardcore 1000 & Ex. Ripped.

I don't purchase many videos and I'm very selective, so my least favorite purchase is KCM Lean Body Circuits and Sharon's Adrenaline Rush. Blech.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 01:29 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Best of the year:
Definitely Cathe ICE series. Hands down if she did another one like this set with all of the premixes and int/adv workouts I would buy it.
I like her new series but it just does not have the versatility. Although not much does.
I also do a lot of Barre 3 as it keeps my back stretched out and has a nice effect on my abs. Also great form pointers. I have the streaming again and am enjoying the different instructors.
I got Miranda's Season 11. I like her comments that tune you in to which muscle group should be working.

I also throw in a lot of Tracie Long but her new ones this year were not as interesting as the stronger longer/reboots which I like. They would be my somewhat like workouts.

Of course I still do the FitPrime/Kickbutts and eye the compilation DVDs. I got the rest of the originals and love those as well.
Old 01-01-17, 04:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Yin Yoga was my cosmic awakening. it started with Ultimate Yogi, which i purchased serendipitously earlier this year, then learning that it contained a Yin Yoga workout. after trying and loving it, i sought more Yin Yoga workouts.

have done the following more times than i can count:
Mark Laham
Paul Grilley
Sarah Powers (Insight Yoga - the single DVD)

as far as bad.... will need to think about this.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 04:46 PM  
Pam

My best find for the year is Pilates, thanks to discussions here on VF. The DVDs are very common in thrift stores and with Mary's sales, I have accumulated a large collection, even by VF standards.🙂

They have helped me gained hip strength and this has helped me make more gains than I have in the past with Balance DVDs.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 05:24 PM  
prettyinpink

Best new find is Pilates by Lisa

Worst is not really bad, just not for me. I flirted with Tonique for a while again trying to improve cardio endurance, and just don't see myself doing those again.

And I really like Tracie Long, but her first two of her newest series were just eh.

I wish there were some new magical cardio that will be super fun and also improve my endurance, but those two things seem not to go together. Maybe in 2017.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 06:17 PM  
kristiep

UFC Fit was my best purchase in 2016.

Next in line:
- Cathe ICE
- Jessica Smith Walk Strong 2.0 set (Burn Fat + Have Fun, Boost Metabolism + Muscle, Build Balance + Inner Strength and Gentle Yoga)
- Men's Health Belly Off workouts with David Jack -- rediscovered these when they were on sale from Mary's site over Tgiving. They are straightforward and effective, and I like the drill/circuit format.

Worst for me was Flow Yoga Strength & Stability by Nadia Narain. I'm not a big yoga fan anyway, but I thought I'd like it. Not so. Had to return that one!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 06:41 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post

I don't purchase many videos and I'm very selective, so my least favorite purchase is KCM Lean Body Circuits and Sharon's Adrenaline Rush. Blech.
What do you not like about Adrenaline Rush? It's been on and off my wishlist for awhile.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, group rx, power music, power music group rx, worst of