Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-06, 12:09 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Lisa Kay and Sarah Ivanhoe on new Bean infomercial

Apparently the manufacturers of The Bean have redone their infomercial. Lisa Kay, the former Firm master instructor, is the 'fitness professional' and 'host' of the new infomercial. I hardly recognized her as she has dyed her hair very blonde, but the minute she spoke, yup, it's Lisa Kay.

Sarah Ivanhoe also appears as a fitness expert giving her thumbs up for The Bean.

The new infomercial focuses on how The Bean will melt away that layer of fat and you'll then get firm flat abs. Since when was The Bean an aerobic workout?

I guess this was the 'new venture' that was mentioned when Lisa left the Firm a few months back.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 12:55 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl
I guess this was the 'new venture' that was mentioned when Lisa left the Firm a few months back.
Someone on ya-yas did some "detective" work and found that Lisa has applied for a patent for some kind of new weight device toon.
Old 09-29-06, 02:47 PM  
bluecaffeine

I saw the infomercial. Very cool to see Lisa and Sarah, but I still think the Bean looks like a silly product.
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 09:25 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecaffeine
I saw the infomercial. Very cool to see Lisa and Sarah, but I still think the Bean looks like a silly product.
I bought the Bean, and it's actually not as silly as that.
It is more stable than a stability ball, but it's great for doing ab work you would normally do on the floor. The "Bean crunch" (a crunch incorporating a pelvic tilt) really hits the abs well.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 09:37 AM  
zaprascal

Kathryn, is the "Bean crunch" something that can be done on a BOSU as well? If so, are there any specific instructions you could share?

Thanks, Mary
zaprascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 02:17 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I watched for the infomercial for two hours this morning - well, once each 30 minutes - and didn't see it. Maybe next time!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 09:57 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaprascal
Kathryn, is the "Bean crunch" something that can be done on a BOSU as well? If so, are there any specific instructions you could share?

Thanks, Mary
You could do something similar (but the rocking action of the Bean is what I think allows one to get deeper into the transverse abdominals). Drape yourself over the Bosu, then as you curl up, push through your feet and curl your lower abs in, so both upper and lower areas are forming an open "C".

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 07:53 PM  
icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecaffeine
I agree. It looks like a lounge chair!! And why do they state it will "melt away fat", we all know that will not happen unless it is aerobic. And that lounge chair is far from that!!
Old 09-29-06, 02:51 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I just saw the "Bean" at Academy yesterday! It kind of looks neat, but I dont think I want another inflatable device cluttering up my house! Well, of course I might get it if I hear good things about it, but I will wait. Not willing to be the guinea pig on this one. I am suprised to hear about Lisa Kay. She has always been one of my favorite Firm instructors. I wish her well!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 03:31 PM  
Cardiogirl

I like Lisa. I hope everything works out for her. But when people see her endorsing all these products (The FIRM, The Bean, her own product...) they might doubt her credibilty.
Cardiogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm instructors, lisa kay, sara ivanhoe