Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-21, 07:42 PM  
Helen

I hope you DO Lili - I've invited you for today (MY today, the 1st of October).

Speaking of 'taking on the challenge' ->> new thread <<- has been done as
Take on the Challenge, 90-Day Challenge. There are 90 days left in the year, (not counting New Year's Eve).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-21, 04:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Last day of September

So this check in needs to be in this thread!!!

Lili: Good luck to you on the StepBet. I burned myself out on them and probably will NEVER do one again. I can still feel the "dread" of having to get my steps in (and yours are quite high - at least to me). I remember nights bouncing and walking on the bellicon, just to get my steps in. I came to really resent my fitbit, my steps and the stepbets. No matter what you choose? We're here to cheer you on.

Since I'm not in a challenge, I'm doing "fun to me" workouts. And I think it's working? I don't know. It may backfire, may be a good thing. There are ALWAYS challenges around, so I can always join one, pick one up, loosely follow one or whatever. (Oh wait - I'm in one now - the rowing challenge. lol)

Ok, I'm a couple days behind:

9/29/2021: Row 30 minutes, pickleball
for 2 hours, meditation

9/30/2021: Flash 15 with Jess Sims

I have decided that 30 minutes of the Breathe (endurance) rowing is my happy space. Less? I don't feel it so much, more? I'm fine with, but hard to carve the time out for. 30 minutes for the win!

Pickleball:
we actually played doubles with 2 people who wandered up to the courts and wanted to play. I like singles (for now). The players who wanted to play were just a tad to aggressive for me. But we did learn a lot and it was interesting. Lucky for us? they only stayed about 35 minutes.

Flash 15s? Just locked in the fact that I HATE them. I don't know why I did it? Other than the fact it was late (after work - not late by Helen's standards!!! 8 p.m.) but I had to get something done before dinner and bed. I don't nkow why I chose it? I would have been happier stringing along workouts I knew I would like. Flash 15s are meant to combine cardio and weights and be a stand alone 15 mins. workout that gets everything done. Well, we all know what that means! Burpees and high impact stuff, etc, etc. NO THANK YOU. I have learned what I like and don't like. If it takes me 60 mins. of endurance work to get what 15 mins. of high impact could yield for me? I need to make the time to do the 60 mins. It' s much more enjoyable for me. and we all know, if we like it? We're more apt to stick with it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Although, tastes do change over time, so I like to go back and revisit. Even if I get mad at myself.

And so ends September. Enter cooler temps and shorter days. Soup, stew & chili weather and onward we go.

Make it a great day.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daily, daily workouts, every day check in, everyday